• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Medical supplies, disaster relief: India sends planeload of aid to war-torn Gaza

On 13 October 2023, the Israel Defense Forces ordered all communities north of the Wadi Gaza, including Gaza City, to evacuate to the south. According to the UN, the Israeli military gave a 24-hour deadline for the evacuation, while an Israeli military spokesperson did not specify a deadline and said the IDF understood an evacuation would "take time". The order came one week after a surprise offensive on Israel from Gaza was mounted by Hamas resulting in a genocidal massacre. By 14 October, hundreds of thousands of Palestinians evacuated northern Gaza. Palestinians have described the depopulation of northern Gaza as the "second Nakba."

Paula Gaviria Betancur, UN special rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons, condemned the forcible evacuation order as a "crime against humanity and a blatant violation of international humanitarian law."

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant called on Palestinians to leave the northern part of Gaza, including Gaza City, saying: "The camouflage of the terrorists is the civil population. Therefore, we need to separate them. So those who want to save their life, please go south."

When Israel created this human tragedy by sending internal refugees with no shelter, water, or any other service the world is powerless and a silent spectator.

So I take it that Malaysia didn't condemn Hamas' terrorist act.

I asked the question because Iran is an avowed anti-Israel state and Shia is majority in Iran. So I assumed Shia is majority in Palestine as well. Malaysia is majority Sunni. So I thought they would have condemned terrorism. But may be loyalty to Ummah overcomes all such differences.

I think India as a country which has also suffered from terrorism a lot is correct in condemning Hamas' attack. But India's long standing position is a two state solution and India recognizes civilian casualties of a war and wants to do its bit in contributing to humanitarian relief. What else can India do? Should India send its troops to Gaza? Is that what people want when they say India is pretending?!

It is not only in this instance. When Turkey was devastated by a horrible earthquake, India was one of the first nations to send aid. Turkey is not a friendly state to India. Turkey always sided with Pakistan and has frequently voted against India in kashmir resolutions. Despite that India tried to do its part.

So why do some.people still hate this Indian govt and India? What could be reasonable explanation.other than the fact that their hatred against hindutva has morphed into hatred against hindus and hatred against India? This world is a cruel place indeed. Very sad state of affairs. I sometimes wish I never found this forum.
This topic is a very sensitive topic for some countries and one can be accountable for what one writes online too.
There are some questions which one might not be able to answer.

A person in Singapore was detained for holding a sign telling Hamas to release the hostages and for Israeal to stop bombing.
Though it was out of good will yet it was seen as a potential stirring up emotions.

I will quote a story from the Mahabharat here..regarding the stance of countries that might have differing sects in a religion.

In the Mahabharat..though the Pandavas and Kauravas were enemies but once they had temporarily united to fight an outside enemy.
They felt their enemity is their personal issue but they will set aside their differences to fight an outsider enemy.
Likewise no matter what sect a country belongs to, be it Sunni or Shia or anything else..they can unite to face a common shatru.

Last edited:
This thinly vailed attack is noted.
But you are alwatys chasing my post with this personal attack that I am anti-Indian. Your judgement is clouded and you are delutional.

I do not have to prove to you or anyone else my love of my motherlad (India).

I do criticize some Indian Government policies or Indian practice, but it is my right. You are not going to stp me.

I write my opinions.

KB you wrote:

I too wish that for you and may you be successful
So what you do is criticism, what I do is attack? Haha! Speak about being delusional, lol!

Was it fun for you when you accused others of being communal or islamophibic but you can't take it when tables are turned?

You see people who give it to others can seldom manage when they are at the receiving end. A lesson I am sure you are not capable of learning.

Take care.

This topic is a very sensitive topic for some countries and one can be accountable for what one writes online too.
There are some questions which one might not be able to answer.

A person in Singapore was detained for holding a sign telling Hamas to release the hostages and for Israeal to stop bombing.
Though it was out of good will yet it was seen as a potential stirring up emotions.

I will quote a story from the Mahabharat here..regarding the stance of countries that might have differing sects in a religion.

In the Mahabharat..though the Pandavas and Kauravas were enemies but once they had temporarily united to fight an outside enemy.
They felt their enemity is their personal issue but they will set aside their differences to fight an outsider enemy.
Likewise no matter what sect a country belongs to, be it Sunni or Shia or anything else..they can unite to face a common shatru.
Totally understand there are limitations to freedom of expression. No point in getting carried away and expressing something that one may end up regretting. I appreciate your honesty.

Decline in ‘civil order’ in Gaza as thousands steal basics from aid centers, UN warns​

The main United Nations agency in Gaza warned Sunday there are signs “civil order is starting to break down” after “thousands” of people broke into its warehouses and distribution centers in central and southern parts of the enclave, “taking wheat, flour and other basic survival items.”

One of the warehouses in the city of Deir al Balah, in central Gaza, stores supplies from humanitarian convoys coming from Egypt, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said in a statement.

Latest ads

Back