• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Medical supplies, disaster relief: India sends planeload of aid to war-torn Gaza

ashok68

Good gesture….​

Medical supplies, disaster relief: India sends planeload of aid to war-torn Gaza​

Nearly 6.5 tonnes of medical aid and 32 tonnes of disaster relief material have been sent to Palestinians in Gaza.

1697981684226.png

India on Sunday sent humanitarian aid to strife-torn Palestinians in the Gaza Strip amid the war between Hamas and Israel. Nearly 6.5 tonnes of medical aid and 32 tonnes of disaster relief material have been sent to Palestine, which will reach the country via Egypt.

Taking to X (formerly Twitter), External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi wrote, "An IAF C-17 flight carrying nearly 6.5 tonnes of medical aid and 32 tonnes of disaster relief material for the people of Palestine departs for El-Arish airport in Egypt."

Read more at:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...stine-amid-war-with-israel-2452192-2023-10-22

Courtesy: Indiatoday

There is a war happening elsewhere. The conflict has nothing to do with India. Indian govt recognizes the suffering and sends humanitarian aid at whatever capacity. One does not need to applaud or even acknowledge. One can simply ignore if one wishes. But what does this guy do? He could not control his anti-govt itch. He bitches and whines about the quantum of aid!! Can you believe it? And when this appalling behavior is called out, he runs to the moderator, who obliges! How tone-deaf can one get?!

Last edited:
There is a war happening elsewhere. The conflict has nothing to do with India. Indian govt recognizes the suffering and sends humanitarian aid at whatever capacity. One does not need to applaud or even acknowledge. One can simply ignore if one wishes. But what does this guy do? He could not control his anti-govt itch. He bitches and whines about the quantum of aid!! Can you believe it? And when this appalling behavior is called out, he runs to the moderator, who obliges! How tone-deaf can one get?!

You are right sir,

India sending load of critically needed medical supplies and disaster relief materials including a comprehensive array of essential items, from life-saving medicines to surgical supplies, tents, sleeping bags, tarps, sanitary utilities, and water purification tablets, among other indispensable necessities is an act of profound demonstration of compassion and solidarity. India's steadfast and principled stance on the issue was established by delivering much-needed relief to the distressed civilians.

I agree, instead of appreciating the good gesture, he goes on to comment about sending of much-needed Medical supplies and disaster relief materials which is not in good taste.

There maybe more such postings......let us handle it in his own style

Hi

i agreed help.....but all wars created by humans greedy......some innocents suffering through out life...

india is helping palastine and support isreal for war efforts....im not sure...these are just more publicity to

the world for political benefits....other than nothing...

Hi

i agreed help.....but all wars created by humans greedy......some innocents suffering through out life...

india is helping palastine and support isreal for war efforts....im not sure...these are just more publicity to

I hope the Israel-Palestine conflict ends.
I feel both sides are too blame for not being able to come to any constructive conclusion.
But its sad to see the loss of lives on both sides.

But at the same time, I cant help noticing that Israel gets very little sympathy even though HAMAS had brutally killed even babies and pregnant women.

Hi

Yes, my comment was in the same vein. The war was man made, the world is watching the devastation, and in the midle humanitarian aid is pure theater. Instead of solving the problem we(the world) is pretending to help.

India's help is appreciated, and probably WHO, Red cross, and UN is helping is this ban aid effort helps the people suffering. We can pat our back that we tried.

You are right Doctor

Days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to convey condolences over the loss of civilian lives at the Al Ahli Hospital in Gaza City, India on Sunday sent its first humanitarian aid for the beleaguered residents of war-torn Gaza

Our concern is about the civilian casualties due to the ongoing conflict.

And there are diplomatic challenges to deal with.

It is difficult for minds with band aid size of empathy to understand the humanitarian situation and the good gesture.

I hope the Israel-Palestine conflict ends.
I feel both sides are too blame for not being able to come to any constructive conclusion.

But at the same time, I cant help noticing that Israel gets very little sympathy even though HAMAS had brutally killed even babies and pregnant women.
Hi

i agreed some ways....but like india and pakistan /bangladesh.....pakistan and bangladesh technically indian

land.....in reality ... we can't claim ...is it pakistan /bangldesh occupied india....yes....they both occupied indian

land....like wise ...isreal occupied palestine land....if you occupied.....its no right to claim....just occupied

other's land.....historically theses problems never end ....may be some temporary patch...but never

finish....

There is a lot of pretense going on, alright!

What is the position in Malaysia? Which side do the malaysian people support? What is the position of the Malaysian Govt?!
Hi

all countires follow double standards......including india..there is tamil proverb.....KUZHANDAIYE KILLI VITTU

THOTTIL AATTARATHU.....குழந்தையே கிள்ளி விட்டு தொட்டில் ஆட்டறது...

Last edited:
There is a lot of pretense going on, alright!

What is the position in Malaysia? Which side do the malaysian people support? What is the position of the Malaysian Govt?!
There isnt any pretence from my side.
I dont feel good when there is loss of lives of civilians and soldiers from any side.
Loss of lives of soldiers too are uncalled for, when politicians cause war yet they are well protected from war.
The pain and suffering makes you feel guilty of even being alive.

Most people take the side which they have something in common with.
Hence you find most Muslim countries on the side of Palestine.
But Egypt being a Muslim country warned Israel repeatedly about an impending attack by HAMAS yet Israel didnt pay much attention to it.

Personally I feel only the Kalki Avatar would be able to restore balance in the Israel - Palestine conflict.

There isnt any pretence from my side.
I dont feel good when there is loss of lives of civilians and soldiers from any side.
Loss of lives of soldiers too are uncalled for, when politicians cause war yet they are well protected from war.
The pain and suffering makes you feel guilty of even being alive.

Most people take the side which they have something in common with.
Hence you find most Muslim countries on the side of Palestine.
But Egypt being a Muslim country warned Israel repeatedly about an impending attack by HAMAS yet Israel didnt pay much attention to it.

Personally I feel only the Kalki Avatar would be able to restore balance in the Israel - Palestine conflict.
I did not mean to say that you are pretentious Renukaji.

It was my mistake to combine that generic statement and my queries about Malaysia. Sorry for the confusion.

I really wanted to know the position of Malaysian people and govt.

Your sentiment highlights a view that some people share regarding humanitarian interventions in conflict zones. The complexity of sending aid to war-torn countries is multifaceted, and several aspects are worth considering:

Different Nature of Crises: Natural disasters and wars are two different types of crises. Natural disasters, though devastating, are non-political events that elicit empathy and a universal desire to help. Wars, on the other hand, involve political, ethnic, and sometimes religious disputes that might make aid distribution more complex.

Humanitarian Aid can Save Lives: Even in a war-torn region, providing food, medicine, and shelter can save countless lives. For many, this justifies the efforts, risks, and costs.

Politics and Aid: One reason some view aid in war zones as "theater" is the potential misuse of aid for political reasons. There are instances where warring factions seize aid shipments, use them as bargaining chips, or distribute them unequally. Some argue that, in such cases, aid can prolong conflict by providing resources to combatants.

Media Attention: The visibility of aid can sometimes overshadow its efficacy. High-profile campaigns and dramatic news reports can create an impression of "performative" assistance, where the main objective seems to be garnering attention rather than helping the afflicted.

Moral and Ethical Responsibility: Some argue that the international community has a moral responsibility to help civilians caught in conflict, irrespective of the complexities or potential for misuse. Turning a blind eye to human suffering, regardless of the cause, is considered unacceptable.

Long-term Solutions Needed: While immediate humanitarian aid is crucial, many argue that a long-term political solution is necessary for true peace and stability. Thus, humanitarian efforts should be complemented by diplomatic and political interventions.

Aid as a Tool for Peace: In some instances, the process of aid delivery can facilitate dialogue between warring parties. Humanitarian efforts can sometimes serve as a bridge, initiating discussions that could lead to ceasefires or peace agreements.

In summary, while there are valid concerns about sending aid to war-torn areas, there are also strong arguments for its necessity. The challenge is to ensure that aid reaches those in need without being co-opted for other purposes. Like many issues in international relations, it's complex and requires nuanced understanding and action.

The war is not of India's creation. India is a matured democracy which has its clear stand against terrorism and extremism, but supports humanity and human values. It has shown this very clear to the world earlier also.
Unlike the earlier stance, the Indian governments current stand is clear and taken in the best interest of present and future of this country as well as whole humanity.

By sending this medical aid India has shown that while it is against any kind of terrorism and violence or war, it also is with humanity and will do its part to help the suffering in the broad sense of humanity.

The support is for Palestine.
So I take it that Malaysia didn't condemn Hamas' terrorist act.

I asked the question because Iran is an avowed anti-Israel state and Shia is majority in Iran. So I assumed Shia is majority in Palestine as well. Malaysia is majority Sunni. So I thought they would have condemned terrorism. But may be loyalty to Ummah overcomes all such differences.

I think India as a country which has also suffered from terrorism a lot is correct in condemning Hamas' attack. But India's long standing position is a two state solution and India recognizes civilian casualties of a war and wants to do its bit in contributing to humanitarian relief. What else can India do? Should India send its troops to Gaza? Is that what people want when they say India is pretending?!

It is not only in this instance. When Turkey was devastated by a horrible earthquake, India was one of the first nations to send aid. Turkey is not a friendly state to India. Turkey always sided with Pakistan and has frequently voted against India in kashmir resolutions. Despite that India tried to do its part.

So why do some.people still hate this Indian govt and India? What could be reasonable explanation.other than the fact that their hatred against hindutva has morphed into hatred against hindus and hatred against India? This world is a cruel place indeed. Very sad state of affairs. I sometimes wish I never found this forum.

So I take it that Malaysia didn't condemn Hamas' terrorist act.

I asked the question because Iran is an avowed anti-Israel state and Shia is majority in Iran. So I assumed Shia is majority in Palestine as well. Malaysia is majority Sunni. So I thought they would have condemned terrorism. But may be loyalty to Ummah overcomes all such differences.

I think India as a country which has also suffered from terrorism a lot is correct in condemning Hamas' attack. But India's long standing position is a two state solution and India recognizes civilian casualties of a war and wants to do its bit in contributing to humanitarian relief. What else can India do? Should India send its troops to Gaza? Is that what people want when they say India is pretending?!

It is not only in this instance. When Turkey was devastated by a horrible earthquake, India was one of the first nations to send aid. Turkey is not a friendly state to India. Turkey always sided with Pakistan and has frequently voted against India in kashmir resolutions. Despite that India tried to do its part.

So why do some.people still hate this Indian govt and India? What could be reasonable explanation.other than the fact that their hatred against hindutva has morphed into hatred against hindus and hatred against India? This world is a cruel place indeed. Very sad state of affairs. I sometimes wish I never found this forum.
Hi

generally alll arab /muslim countries supporting HAMAS/HISBULLAH/AL QUIDA/PALASTINE....

like it or not....all arab/muslim countries hate ISREAL /USA/ WEST NATIONS....this is reality....even all

USA HATE MONGERS SUPPORT PALESTINE/HAMAS....they dont care about terroeists acts....

The war is not of India's creation. India is a matured democracy which has its clear stand against terrorism and extremism, but supports humanity and human values. It has shown this very clear to the world earlier also.
Unlike the earlier stance, the Indian governments current stand is clear and taken in the best interest of present and future of this country as well as whole humanity.

By sending this medical aid India has shown that while it is against any kind of terrorism and violence or war, it also is with humanity and will do its part to help the suffering in the broad sense of humanity.
Hi

Likewise....india support UKRAINE AND RUSSIA TOO.....INDIA NEVER ONE SIDED.....thats Nehru's foreign

policy.....india support TAIWAN AND CHINA TOO....if war happens..LOL

This thinly vailed attack is noted.
But you are alwatys chasing my post with this personal attack that I am anti-Indian. Your judgement is clouded and you are delutional.

I do not have to prove to you or anyone else my love of my motherlad (India).

I do criticize some Indian Government policies or Indian practice, but it is my right. You are not going to stp me.

I write my opinions.

KB you wrote:

I sometimes wish I never found this forum.
I too wish that for you and may you be successful

For reference, more than three-quarters of households in Gaza receive some form of aid from the U.N. and other international organizations, mostly in the form of cash or food. Topher McDougal is a professor of economic development at the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies at the University of San Diego. He directs a graduate program in humanitarian action there, and he spoke with “Marketplace Morning Report” host David Brancaccio for more. The following is an edited transcript of their conversation.

David Brancaccio: When a limited convoy of international aid moves into Gaza, who and what guides its distribution to the intended destination? I mean, a lot of that’s got to be U.N.

Topher McDougal: Yeah, absolutely. So, in the past, USAID [the United States Agency for International Development] has administered the lion’s share of U.S. assistance to Gaza, and I imagine that they will continue to do so. But they work in conjunction with local partners, and the major local partner is the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, or UNRWA. That agency was originally founded in 1949, with a 3-year mandate as a temporary measure until a two-state solution could be found. It was never found.

That agency continues to serve, in effect, as a kind of parallel — but obviously unelected — government for Palestinian refugees. And since it’s funded and administered by the U.N., it’s seen as sort of a third party. They operate a network of 284 schools, many of which have been turned into displacement shelters, and 22 health centers. And it’s those facilities that are probably going to be targeted as distribution sites.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back