• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meaning of my name

Namaskarm to All. My name is Pragasen, I reside in Durban, South Africa, and i wish that someone could Please give me the meaning of name.
hi

may be PRAKASAN in tamil word....prakasan became into PRAGASEN....means one who gives light or

one who enlighted....

பிரகாசம், (Prakasam) means sparkle or sheen or brightnes
Prakasam is a Tamil (PrakAza )Sanskrit word gets changed to Pragasen

on a lighter vein ......
P is for patience, the best of you!

R is for reassuring, eliminating doubts!

A is for agreeable, the best side of you!

G is for genial, a pleasing personality.

E is for enjoy, your life can be fun!

S is for sincere, a model of truth.

A is for approachable, constantly meeting new people

N is for natural, the genuine side of you.

Your name stems from the word prakAsha of Sanskrit which means bright, brilliant and shining.

Since in Tamil the letter ka is sometimes also used to denote ga so some K get spelt with G in
Tamil.

And Tamil doesnt use the श (sha) of sanskrit hence mostly an S is used.

And in Tamil..mostly names are ended with an N which makes it sound like N accusative mode of Sanskrit.

Also give room for spelling variations of regions.
South African with names like Kumar have it spelt as Coomar.

Hence summing everything up your name got spelt as Pragesan.

So keep shining away.

Typo...
And in Tamil..mostly names are ended with an N which makes it sound like the accusative mode of Sanskrit.

Also give room for spelling variations of regions.
South African with names like Kumar have it spelt as Coomar.

Hence summing everything up your name got spelt as Pragasen.

I checked with a linguist and this is the anatomy he offered. Pragasen = Praga + Sen. Praga is a place in Poland and Sen is a Bengali surname. Even during colonial rule, Bengalis were very dynamic and traveled far and wide. They produced some of the finest scholars. So, he opined that Pragasen could be a combination of the name of a place and Bengali surname.

Best wishes.

Meaning Of Prakasam: –

Brightness, Shining, Gleaming, Glistering, Radiant, Glowybrightness; Shining; Radiant; Brilliant; Luminance, Brilliant, Luminance

Similar Names:- Parasmani, Pearson, Perarasan, Persiannan, Persimmon, Pragnay, Prahasan, Prajana, Prajin, Prasana,

The above is valid only if pragasen is converted name of Prakasam.

Pragasen means Praga or Prague (capital of Czech) or Bueatiful + Sen (an unit of currency change) or a small piece of beauty.

Meaning Of Prakasam: –

Brightness, Shining, Gleaming, Glistering, Radiant, Glowybrightness; Shining; Radiant; Brilliant; Luminance, Brilliant, Luminance

Similar Names:- Parasmani, Pearson, Perarasan, Persiannan, Persimmon, Pragnay, Prahasan, Prajana, Prajin, Prasana,

The above is valid only if pragasen is converted name of Prakasam.

Pragasen means Praga or Prague (capital of Czech) or Bueatiful + Sen (an unit of currency change) or a small piece of beauty.

Latest ads

Back