• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meaning of Bad Dreams and Slokam to prevent Bad Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir/Madam,

For the past week I had some durswapnams (bad dreams) repeatedly as such I was standing in the place where srathams are going on.

And by mistake I was telling few times that I would like to have sratha sapadu.

I am worried very much.

Can anyone give meaning as why I am getting bad dreams and why I was telling sradha saapadu a few times?

Is there any meaning for these happenings.

If so tell me, so that I will correct the mistakes, if any, from my side.

Also suggest me the slokams to be recited for this.

Thanks and Regards,
Usha.

Hi Usha,

If some one is going to suggest a slokam for you, it would be nice.

But I like to consider this point of view, please.

I have a friend in Sydney. He travels to Chennai almost once every two years. Once I asked him what attracts him in Chennai ( Triplicane) that often... He said 'thevasa sappadu!". Yes, he just loves that food.

For that matter, I love that menu too. No Thoor dhal. Only selected root vegetables and vegetables. Completely different recipes.... I would love to eat that meal as a 'full kattu!'

My suggestion is, kindly look at the bright side.

By the way, mostly night mares are caused by few chemicals in the diet. You have to work it out. It could be one particular vegetable in the diet, or a particular rice brand anything. I was under one particular medication at one time... hallucination was its side effect. I had vivid nightmares.

Cheers!

Dear Sir/Madam,

For the past week I had some durswapnams (bad dreams) repeatedly as such I was standing in the place where srathams are going on.

I am worried very much.

Can anyone give meaning as why I am getting bad dreams and why I was telling sradha saapadu a few times?

Thanks and Regards,
Usha.

Dear Madam,

From the medical point of view certain food cravings show up in different manner..sometimes we can also dream about a certain food cos its contains some component our body lacks.

So some might dream they are eating Bananas cos they lack potassium and some might dream they are eating liver cos they lack iron.

So may be there is some component in the Shradda food that your body lacks.

Just do not worry..check out the menu of Shradda food and see if you lack a certain vegetable there in your diet.

Dont worry about bad dreams..most of us get it too..nothing beats my dreams where I often dream I am a Vampire Slayer!

Anyway if you want the Shloka for keeping away bad dreams..here it is:

"rama skandam hanumantham vainatheyam vrikodram
yo na ye smaren nithyam dushswapnam cha nashyathi"

think of rama,skanda, hanumantha, garuda, bheema .. they kill bad dreams

Last edited:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am worried very much.

Thanks and Regards,
Usha.

From the side of the orthodox beliefs, it looks to me as though in your real life in the past, sometime or another, you might have refused to eat this "sraaddha Saappaadu" even when someone kind of compelled you to eat it. This dream is the subconscious mind's "praayaschittham" in that it (the sub-conscious mind) is trying to tell out that it had no objection to eating the "sraaddha Saappaadu" and that it is still ready to do so. May be your conscious mind refused to eat it due to lack of hygiene or some personal rifts or something like that.

There is nothing to be worried. If, by chance, you happen to attend some sraaddham function in the near future, don't refuse the meal and eat it with full mental welcome.

Smt Usha

No field of study known to humans can claim to interpret dreams with reasonable certainity as to cause and effect.

The real issue in my view is not the dream itself but your reaction to its possible significance.

If good or bad event is going to happen there is no way to stop that from happening in any of our lives.

Fear of what might happen is one of the weaknesses of human mind.

It appears that you are a theist - therefore here is my suggestion.

Pick your favorite Isvara you can relate to and meditate on that every day for an hour letting go all your worries to that Isvara. Recognize that you cannot stop the good or bad things from happening but that Isvara will give you strength and wisdom to deal with any situation.

Having said this nothing bad will happen if you do not follow the above.

My suggestion is for you to gain inner strength, not to prevent events from unfolding in the future but to develop resilience to face whatever events that may come your way.

All the best!

Usha Madam

I think dreams are an indication of what we have in our subconscious mind. So our beliefs, fears, confusions, faith, etc take form of dreams and gives us feedback about what’s happening deep inside us. If we are warned that we are holding some negativity in us we can (and should) work on them and change our thoughts and feelings on a deeper level.

Please do not concentrate your thoughts on the sequences you saw in your bad dreams, as the more your thoughts are focusing on it, you are likely to get more such dreams; because you are inviting such dreams. Your thoughts are the blue prints of what you wish to see!!

Focus your mind on good thoughts before going to bed.

As you go to bed, set your intention to connect with your Higher, Intuitive Mind, and ask to receive guidance in your dream state.

Say out loud: "It is my intention to rest well and to awaken refreshed, and rejuvenated. If there is anything important for me to recall from my dream state, I will recall it when I awaken."

This way, focusing on your thoughts to receive good sleep and awake refreshed will surely help you to get rid of bad dreams.

Usha madam,
U have to tell mayil virutham and pagai kadidhal of pamban swami atleast once in a day. Otherwise OM sarahana bhava for six times before you sleep.
For saying unpleasent words unknowingly and hurting other's feelings or your own feelings is a bad omen and idar kalayum thirupathigam or thirunedungalam thirupadhigam from thirugnanasambadar thevaram is best one.
when u get durswapnam, u have to imagine nandhiyam perumaan and give him aruhambul and pray him.
Giving paal for artha jaam poojai is also a very good remedy for the same.

the fact that u have had dreams is good because it is healthy to have dreams. the content of dreams, well they are just ur own jumbled memories when u r asleep. i just ignore them. neither there is any logic in it, nor it will predict the future.
for example, ur dream video is just a mixture of food, devesam, ur taste that is all. if u start connecting this video to ur real life future happenings then there is no end to it.

In my view dreams may rarely can have connection with future events. The reason they may have connection is that in sleep you are more likely to be in connection with the spiritual and hence connection with future events. But it is only very very rarely. But as I said more often they don't and are only reflective of your thoughts. So you shouldn't worry about it as everybody has bad dreams and most of them don't come true.

predicting future events is different from connection with future events.

as Sravna knows more than me, predicting=probability given that the dream has occured....for example that someone is going to die in the next week, and a devasa is going to occur.

while connection with future is normal for example: for someone will definitely die in the family sometime in the future, for no one lives more than 120 yrs.

if i were u i would just make sure someone dear to you, whom u have duty towards is alright and not doing anything funny like BUNGY JUMPING with a heart failure.

i am tempted to mention the 926th name of the Lord in Vishnu Sahasranamam.. DuHswapnanashanaH. Shankaras commentary tells it all.. duHswapananaashanaH.JPG

You are correct Kanfusion. Here is the full sloka, the 99th one..

Utharanaa dushkrithiha punnyah duswapna nasanah
veeraha rakshana santaha jeevanah parya vastitahah.

I chant it every night before sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back