• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maya/Prakriti/Cosmic Deluder

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now we could all see how MAYA is playing its role in this Universe... :fencing:

We all can discuss and conclude anything that is within human experiences...

We can say that Maya exist. But the concept would remain contrary between people

Otherwise what is the use of "MAYA"?

For instance -

If we eat and drink, we feel that we are full, enough. We are feeling so because the nature has set limit for everything.

Why there is a limit? Might be to balance the supply and demand.

There are many limitations and many probabilities.

Unless we could see something, we can not evaluate and substantiate perfectly.

It's like experiencing Magic Show...The only thing is that it's within the capacity of human knowledge (for a person who could really do)

We can se a magician cutting off a body into two, locking a person inside a box and making him appear from the audience etc..etc..

I a human being could attain the knowledge and understanding of MAYA he can not accept his/her physical body. If so happens than the God's creation of Karma Bhoomy will become meaningless.

As Sri Raghy said, Parkriti is real.

Only if Prakriti is real, MAYA can has its role. Both are off course inter-related.

I feel that Prakrity and living beings in this physical world are all plaything in the hands of God. MAYA is a part and parcel of God himself.

A highly spiritual person, If reaches close to God can understand what and why Maya is. That person can for sure realise that Gad and MAYA are not two different identity for this physical world.

We create physical dolls and keep the baby happy, because baby can not see that the dolls are useless. Likewise we have been provided with this Prakriti and incorporated with some senses to cope with Prakrity, Senses and MAYA and strive to fulfill our Karma.

Different living beings have been incorporated with different sense to cope up with Prakrity and MAYA.

Last edited:
Dear RaghyJi,

I am not that good a debator...I really cant grill anyone .....
Thats not my nature at all...

All I can say is "Be in the World but dont let the World be in you"

Raghyji,to tell you the truth I can't handle your questions.....
Thats all i can say RaghyJi.....
I have no answers at all....
Hope you accept my sincere confession...

renu

Sow.Sri.Renuka,

We are not in a debate. You need not answer any of my questions. To tell you the truth, you can ask me to answer my own questions; I would be rattling away the answers! Everything we discuss in this forum is only 'subjective'. There is no right or wrong answer to anything.

You are writing your messages after reading many books and literatures. I read nothing; you should not take my questions seriously at all! You are one of the very few persons in this forum who answers my questions.

Never mind my questions. Take it easy. The purpose of this getting together is to have fun. I don't like to spoil that.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Chi.Ravi said:-

MAYA is a part and parcel of God himself.

Chi.Ravi, I assume you have faith in God. For a theist, Maya can not be part and parcel of God. Kindly think about it....a theist believes in the existence of God. but, Maya is illusion (Maya seems to be there; but it is really not there). If Maya is part and parcel of God, that part of God becomes an illusion....it is not right? is it? So, Maya is not part and parcel of God (for a theist. I have not included atheists and agnostics here).

Understanding maya is not very hard...'தாமரை இலைத் தண்ணீர் போல்'......

cheers!

re

Every one in the world desires victory. No one desires defeat. All crave for wealth; no one craves for poverty. But how can victory or wealth be acquired? This has to be thought about and discovered. And we need not search long for the solution. Sanjaya, according to the Mahabharata, revealed to King Dhrtharashtra the secret, "Where there are both Krishna, the Lord or Yoga, and Arjuna, the Wielder of the Bow, there victory is assured and wealth is won." Why do we need more than this as advice? There is no need to undergo the threefold struggle - physical, mental, intellectual - to achieve victory. Nor need one get perturbed or anxious. There is no need to pine for wealth and prosperity. Take refuge in God; wield the bow of courage, that is to say, hold the heart pure. That is enough. Victory and wealth are yours. But when you pursue victory and wealth, remind yourself that they are shadows, not substantial things. You cannot attain your shadow with the sun behind even if you pursue it for millions of years. For it flees faster and is always beyond reach. Turn towards the Sun and proceed. Then watch what happens. The shadow falls behind and follows you instead of leading you. It walks on your footsteps like a slave. Consider the shadow as the symbol of Maya. So long as you follow Maya, Madhava is being ignored and is out of sight. You cannot win His vision. You will be caught up in the coils of birth and death and be ever in bondage. From this atmosphere of dependence, one must endeavour to release oneself. Or else, if all one's efforts are directed to the acquisition of sensual pleasures, it is a sure sign of rank ignorance.

vidya vahini,sai baba.

To All: When GOD made this world that day itself the MAYA also born, because the universe and Maya is known to a person the EYEs plays the Key role. If you this World is nothing and you sit on silent and thing nothing is visible then the Q of Maya Never come, Only attachment will bring Detachment,never detachment bring attachment. Maya was the real at the same time it is unreal so how we are looking init. Like me I am a Man but for some I may a Monkey or Dog or tree etc. Maya helps every person to learn from this world. s.r.k.

Dear all...

I was reading the Prasnopanishad today and came across a beautiful explanation of Prana and Maya...

aatmana esha praano jaayate yathaishaa purushe chaayaitasmin etad aatatam manokrtenaayaaty asmin sharire

Of the Aatman is born this Prana.Like the shadow on a man,it is spread out on That.It comes into the body by the act of the mind.

explanation given; here is a clear indication that the Energy whose play is the whole creation both internal and external is born of the Atman and covers the being just as a shadow spreads over a body...
it has no separate existence apart from the Atman and it shrouds the real nature of the latter under its varied display,yet it is as non-essential as a shadow.This is called MAYA.

Dear all...

I was reading the Prasnopanishad today and came across a beautiful explanation of Prana and Maya...

aatmana esha praano jaayate yathaishaa purushe chaayaitasmin etad aatatam manokrtenaayaaty asmin sharire

Of the Aatman is born this Prana.Like the shadow on a man,it is spread out on That.It comes into the body by the act of the mind.

explanation given; here is a clear indication that the Energy whose play is the whole creation both internal and external is born of the Atman and covers the being just as a shadow spreads over a body...
it has no separate existence apart from the Atman and it shrouds the real nature of the latter under its varied display,yet it is as non-essential as a shadow.This is called MAYA.

ahaa pramaadum renu.saraswathy kadaksham in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back