• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
brothers and sisters,

our brahmin community comes up in life due to hard work only. we are also working in top positions at MNCs.

One simple request to our brethren. in case you want to get married let it be from our community at any cost. maybe love marriage choose a person from our community only. also it is always better to go for arranged marriage with the blessings of our parents .

Also of late many brahmin girls are switching on to acting profession in cinemas which is not at all a good profession. though we may earn more in this profession is it dignified. also cine industry is a worse industry these days. also tv programs such as manaada mailada is spoiling the younger generations.

we should uphold our culture and tradition always.

brothers and sisters,

our brahmin community comes up in life due to hard work only. we are also working in top positions at MNCs.

One simple request to our brethren. in case you want to get married let it be from our community at any cost. maybe love marriage choose a person from our community only. also it is always better to go for arranged marriage with the blessings of our parents .

Also of late many brahmin girls are switching on to acting profession in cinemas which is not at all a good profession. though we may earn more in this profession is it dignified. also cine industry is a worse industry these days. also tv programs such as manaada mailada is spoiling the younger generations.

we should uphold our culture and tradition always.
Shri Sugavanam,

Greetings. I am pretty sure that your advice or appeal will mostly fall on deaf ears. More and more TB girls choose TNB boys because of some enigmatic power which is present in the NB boys; I can only guess that similar power has become extinct in TB boys due to some remote ancestor/s of theirs having recited gayatri very dutifully!!

Similarly no one is likely to listen to you and leave any chance for cinema or TV serial, since the money is more attractive.

I will, however, be very happy if some one listens to you and rejects his/her NB lover, or, throws away a cinema/serial offer.

ss

marrying within community is good.

within state is better.

we can also for alliances outside state.if not outside country.

outlook shud match.horoscope analysis helps,but NO gurantees on it.

cinema is like any industry.its wrong to say bad about any industry as everything exists in every industry.

girls shud have freedom and boys also shud hav freedom

human values are most essential,in a marriage.values must be taught and inculcated,lucky are those who are born witha innate human valued nature.

vibing with modern trend is the trick without losing on old religious values.

in north american countries,parents have a say upto a certain point,after that children run their lives without depending upon parents.here they even choose life partners as per their wish,which sometimes involves inter-faith marriages.those intelligent parents accept childrens decision and live happily.parents who cannot let go,end up either becoming a loser or become crazy with their dramatic change in persona.

so,everything is give and take policy.for this grace of god shud be there.

Dear Friends,
when it comes to marriage within caste (loving or arranged) our own people come up with horoscope/ subsect and other area wise restrictions and regulations. I had an experience. One of my friends , a gem , was proposed to my relative girl. It was rejected at the first instance itself stating that he is a chozhiyan. The girl later married a Non brahmin and even though there were initial objection after a while when a baby was born everything calmed down.
The non-brahmin boy died after five years. Had it been happened with my friend then every body would have come with a sword against me saying NAN APPOVE SONNEN ELLIYA?

Money rules the world; not sect, sub-sect, caste, religion or region. Vasudhevam Kutumbakam. There is so much to enjoy in today's world and money is flooding gushing out traditions and civilizations. Just witness the approaching end. Strees had made so far and they are now in the process of unmaking. Life is to enjoy and God will take care of things.

Mostly love marriages are happening if the parents are not controlling their childen.

If the father performs Gayathri every sunday with his family, perform our tradition customs with their family, this things would not occur. Y we r called as brahmins. Because of the breathing technique which we know. This provides us tremendous power. This should be passed on to the younger generation.

Mostly love marriages are happening if the parents are not controlling their childen.

If the father performs Gayathri every sunday with his family, perform our tradition customs with their family, this things would not occur. Y we r called as brahmins. Because of the breathing technique which we know. This provides us tremendous power. This should be passed on to the younger generation.

Sri.Nsiitm,

Greetings. Parents control or the lack of it has nothing to do with the children falling in love. For example, my wife did not know what it meant to debate with parents; she followed her parents verbatim. She fell in love with me! 'தோளுக்கு மிஞ்சினால் தோழன்/ தோழி.' That can be the only appropriate relationship with children.

We are called 'brahmins' since we are born in that caste. That's all. I presented couple of differing views.

Cheers!

Dear Mr.Raghy,

Brahmins r respected in this world only because of their activities and talent, vegetarian food. Their power is "Breathing technique and Gayathri mantra, vegetarian food". Daily do breathing technique with children for years together. Child will listen to us. We should make the child to realise the difference between brahmin and non brahmin. Then they will not marry opt for intercaste marriage.

Dear Mr.Raghy,

Brahmins r respected in this world only because of their activities and talent, vegetarian food. Their power is "Breathing technique and Gayathri mantra, vegetarian food". Daily do breathing technique with children for years together. Child will listen to us. We should make the child to realise the difference between brahmin and non brahmin. Then they will not marry opt for intercaste marriage.
These are really new ideas. I would like to know if you are making these observations on your own a priori basis or whether these are supported by our scriptures. Secondly, if these 3 items (breathing technique, gayatri mantra and vegetarianism) are followed by anyone, does he/she automatically qualify for being considered as a brahmin? According to you can brahmin boys/girls opt for marrying someone in another community who does praanaayaama, gayatri japa and is strict vegetarian?

Greetings, I do not find any distinctive character that is present only in today's brahmin. Not in most of them. We are just another caste like mudaliar, chettiyar, naadar etc etc. I can see the other group which has much more unity than our group. We are busy in loosing our identity. Considering the present trend, sooner the better.

i happen to observe a TB marriage a few months back. Maapilai azhaipla pattasum, Kuththattamum, flux boardumai amarkalama irundhadu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back