• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Many world's theory and Adharma

sravna

Like some, I was not able to reconcile the fact that good people can undergo pain and suffering and the wicked prosper inspite of the truth of karma and the theory of yugas, if God is totally benevolent.

I thought about it and this is what I came up with. It has the approval of both a strain of science and spirituality. Let's say A who is very good person suffers because of evil deeds of B. Just before the point of actual suffering or death, the reality pertaining to A and B splits into two. Person A goes in to a more just world where he continues to live . B remains in the illusory reality where A dies. So presto! no injustice prevails and the world of the righteous always is more real while that of the wicked more illusory. Each world may have its own laws and governed by the divine. Finally anyway all the illusions are removed as everything merges into Brahman at the end of mahakalpa.

This theory is particularly helpful in explaining what happens when force is used on some righteous person and the most probable future event is made to not happen by that force.

Renuka?

This complements the karma theory according to which justice is meted out in a different time. In this theory, justice is meted out in a different space.

The wicked goes in to a world where he finds it more difficult to make his force work. The righteous goes in to a world where he is more rewarded.

For me, I look at it this way..just say I am good and I undergo pain and suffering, it must be because of some bad deed of mine in a previous life.
I accept it as my past deeds and work my way to make sure I dont do anything bad and try to find a solution to face what I am experiencing.

In the Mahabharat, it seems that Dhristharasthra had killed 100 hatchlings of birds 50 births ago.
But he had to take 50 good births to accumulate good karma to beget 100 sons.

only then the bad karma fructified and all his 100 sons died( he had killed 100 hatchlings 50 births ago)

so going by that logic, may be any suffering we are undergoing could be due to bad deeds we did many many births ago.

So I wouldnt worry if another person who is bad but enjoying life because he or she would reap what he sows in some other life.

We could have been that very same type of person who was bad yet enjoying life.

Best it we just focus on ourselves and not compare and contrast why bad people enjoy life and good people suffer.

None of us are innocent, if we suffer its because we have the compatible karma to undergo the suffering.

the person who is causing suffering of others is doing bad deeds due to his free will and will in the future suffer in another life.
If he is bad yet having a prosperous life, the prosperity is due to some good deed done in some past life.

karmic good and bad patterns are not black and white..its a mixture of both good and bad in any life.

Best is work our own way to improve our deeds.
Accepting that we could have been bad in some past life is the first step in self/God realization.

God is benevalent no matter what.
His grace and mercy reaches all alike.
But our Karmic load is our own doing and has to be experienced by us.

Like some, I was not able to reconcile the fact that good people can undergo pain and suffering and the wicked prosper inspite of the truth of karma and the theory of yugas, if God is totally benevolent.

I thought about it and this is what I came up with. It has the approval of both a strain of science and spirituality. Let's say A who is very good person suffers because of evil deeds of B. Just before the point of actual suffering or death, the reality pertaining to A and B splits into two. Person A goes in to a more just world where he continues to live . B remains in the illusory reality where A dies. So presto! no injustice prevails and the world of the righteous always is more real while that of the wicked more illusory. Each world may have its own laws and governed by the divine. Finally anyway all the illusions are removed as everything merges into Brahman at the end of mahakalpa.

This theory is particularly helpful in explaining what happens when force is used on some righteous person and the most probable future event is made to not happen by that force.

Renuka?

Renuka,

Yes Karma explains pain and suffering a person undergoes. But I am trying to put forth my views in a very objective way. I see future existing in probabilities and typically the most probable event is realised. Sometimes I believe though it is a hypothetical scenario that we can play around the future by forcing certain events to happen or to not happen. This includes even forcing the most probable event to not happen.

Then I believe the response inbuilt in nature would be to make the forced event as more illusory. It is logical because force is something that is not in sync with the truth of nature. It is used mainly used to teach lessons and to elevate the souls.

That logic when combined with many worlds theory made sense to me. We also have in our puranas of the existence of innumerable other universes parallel to our own.

What do you think?

Though I believe in the deepest reality future is predetermined and really cannot be played around with.

Renuka,

Yes Karma explains pain and suffering a person undergoes. But I am trying to put forth my views in a very objective way. I see future existing in probabilities and typically the most probable event is realised. Sometimes I believe though it is a hypothetical scenario that we can play around the future by forcing certain events to happen or to not happen. This includes even forcing the most probable event to not happen.

Then I believe the response inbuilt in nature would be to make the forced event as more illusory. It is logical because force is something that is not in sync with the truth of nature. It is used mainly used to teach lessons and to elevate the souls.

That logic when combined with many worlds theory made sense to me. We also have in our puranas of the existence of innumerable other universes parallel to our own.

What do you think?
Nope...I dont think too much about these things.
All I know is if I exist in the physical world that means I have both negative and positive Karmic balance.

Eventually the Karmic balance needs to be zero if one is serious about leading a spiritual life.

So do deeds by dedicating the fruits of actions to God and try not to do bad deeds.

Here I would follow the Abrahamic way...its simple..we have sin and try our best to come out of sin.

In the Quran there is a verse recited by Prophet Jonah when he was swallowed by a whale.

It goes " There is none but You( God), Exalted are You.
Indeed,I have been of the wrong doers"

This prayer was recited by Prophet Jonah when he committed a blunder of not being patient enough when dealing with wicked people of a village who were opposing him badly.

So he repented and developed perserverance to go back to the village and help transform the wicked people.

Just imagine..He considered himself as a wrong doer even though he was good and others were bad.

Its easier to think like this..that way we can keep ourselves under check and not get carried away by being good itself.

Dear Renuka,

I understand. That's the way truly spiritual people see the reality. I have a strain of analytical thinking in me and try to put together logic and intuition.

Dear Renuka,

I understand. That's the way truly spiritual people see the reality. I have a strain of analytical thinking in me and try to put together logic and intuition.
Even then, of what good is it to wonder about why bad things happen to good people or why good things happen to bad people?

Isn't it better just to focus on coming out of any suffering by logical, legal and spiritual means?

Even then, of what good is it to wonder about why bad things happen to good people or why good things happen to bad people?

Isn't it better just to focus on coming out of any suffering by logical, legal and spiritual means?
That is what analytical thinking is all about Renuka? You don't go by purpose . You just need an explanation. But my intuition projects a framework too.

Btw logic, legal means do not help one really. Spiritual yes but how many have that means? That is what is driving me to act on their behalf.

Renuka?
I am sure Hugh Everett would have been thrilled had he been alive. However, see the following link also about that: https://www.quantamagazine.org/prin...eC3MTJMno5bCe8ZzHikXNqO4EzOFWNnBoCIhkQAvD_BwE

Latest ads

Back