• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mango Men and Banana Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dance the Body Music is viral Every body is infected It is no more confined to Acharya's Kudumi It is Sunami !!
Music makes me Happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTdxIQbdrDw
Fun is No sin ! Enjoy - Life has an expiry date!

JJ Ji

Thank you so much for this song, enjoyed after a l…o…..n…….g gap.:)

OSIBISA

Dance The Body Music Lyrics

Dance the body music. Make you feel so happy.
Dance the body music. Music makes you happy.

Hear the music play. Feel your body sway.
Hear the DJ say. Oh.. what a big smash, big smash.

(repeat *)
(repeat *)

Feel the sexy beat. Warm enough your feet.
Feel your body heat. Oh.. what a big smash, big smash.

Source: DANCE THE BODY MUSIC Lyrics - OSIBISA

Here is ... 'Raghupathi Raghava Raja Ram' - Enjoy!!!

Courtesy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzT_vvA8Igk

Last edited by a moderator:
Music makes everyone happy. But each song has a mood which is reflected in the lyrics.

A fusion becomes a confusion, when a few hoots accompany a serene
bhajan !

This is how a
serene bhajan should be: Smt. M S S - bhajan :pray2:

hilarious... though the caricature of mrs K, she would not find it funny :) ha ha ha Ref Post#57 of Kunjappu

I plead - Mrs K to consider my advance Bail !!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Janaki Jambunathan
Music makes every one Happy How about this two for Tango! Imagine the two identified by Raji doing this Tango! Visualize Kunjappu in Place of (Kremlin) Kusho it rhymes well! No malice intended!

Fun is No Sin Enjoy! Life has an expiry date!!

hilarious... though the caricature of mrs K, she would not find it funny :) ha ha ha Ref Post#57 of Kunjappu

I plead - Mrs K to consider my advance Bail !!

quote_icon.png
Music makes every one Happy How about this two for Tango! Imagine the two identified by Raji doing this Tango! Visualize Kunjappu in Place of (Kremlin) Kusho it rhymes well! No malice intended!

Fun is No Sin Enjoy! Life has an expiry date!!

discretion is the better part of valour my lips are sealed. :) ;)

JJ Ji,

Let me be bit serious while few are joking.

Let us see what Thirumoolar Thirumanthiram says about tasting the Mango fruit.

பூட்டொத்து மெய்யிற் பொறிப்பட்ட வாயுவைத்
தேட்டற்ற அந்நிலஞ் சேரும் படிவைத்து
நாட்டத்தை மீட்டு நயனத் திருப்பார்க்குத்

தோட்டத்து மாம்பழந் தூங்கலு மாமே.

பொழிப்புரை :

கிணற்றில் உள்ள பூட்டைச் சுழல்போல, உடலில் முன்னும் பின்னுமாய் இயங்குதல் தன்மைபெற்று நிற்கும் பிராண வாயுவை, பிற பொருள்களைத் தேடித் திரியாது நிலைத்து நிற்கின்ற ஆஞ்ஞையில் சேர்ந்து அசையாதபடிநிறுத்தி, அதனாலே மனத்தையும் வெளிப்போகாதவாறு தடுத்துத் தியானப் பொருளில் நிலைத்து நிற்பவர்க்கு இன்பம் அங்குத் தானே கிடைக்கும்.

Source: ??????? ???????? ???????? ????????
JJ Ji,

Mangapal unndu Malaimeethu Iruppavarku
Thenga Pal yethukkadee?

Naiyena 12 B bus la drivaru thalmela Thaadi thatha poto Pathiya? rendu varile eluthikeethey padichiya? athampa Thirukural!! inthakoral enna solluthu? Onnum purila!

Thenga marathula karanda Palu theriyum Pana marathul karntha palum therium Atichiruken Mangapal? Puthcha Keethey? Pattaiya kelappuma?

Nan oru muttalunga ! Nalla padichavnga nalluperu sonnanga!

Valluvar Moonu paaleyum Killedypa! Kettu sollu!

i

Dear J J Ji,
You must learn to do some web search before posting some Qs in our dear forum. I managed to read your 'Tanglish' post! :ranger:

Please do not drag ThiruvaLLuvar for the mAngaip pAl verse! It is NOT his kuraL. :nono: Those lines are by
குதம்பைச் சித்தன்.

Now, for enlightenment of Tamil readers, here is something worth reading:

''மாங்காய்ப் பால்உண்டு மலைமேல் இருப்போருக்குத்
தேங்காய்ப்ப தால் ஏதுக்கடி-குதம்பாய்
தேங்காய்ப்பால் ஏதுக்கடி.

ஞானப் பாலுண்டு தலை உச்சியலே சிந்தனை கூடி நிலைத்து நிற்கும் ஞானிகளுக்கு உலக இச்சையாகிய பிற இன்பங்கள்

வேண்டியதில்லை எனக் குதம்பைச் சித்தன் மேற்காணும் பாடலுக்கு மீ.ப . சோமு விளக்கம் அளிக்கிறார்.

மாங்காய் என்பது பிரமம், பால் என்பது அதன் அனுபவம், அதாவத ஞானப்பால், தேங்காய்ப்பால் உலக இச்சை, மலை

என்பது மேலான சமாதி, இ.வ்வாறு உள்ளுறைப் பொருள் அமைத்துப் பாடும் பாடல்களைப் பிறிது மொழிதலணி என்று

கூறுவர், சித்தர்கள் தம் கொள்கைகளை மறைவாக வைத்துக் கொள்ள குழுஉக் குறியினைப் படைத்துக் கொண்டனர்.

திருமந்திரத்திலுள்ள சூனிய சம்பாடணை (உரையாடல்) இதற்குச் சயான சான்றாகும். அவர்களின் மருத்துவ நூல்களும்

இவ்வாறு குழுஉக் குறிகளைப் பயன்படுத்தியுள்ளன.''

Source: சித்தர் என்னும் சொல்லுக்கு ...

There is an error in the copy pasted portion.

Please read '
அதாவ ஞானப்பால்' as 'அதாவது ஞானப்பால்' :)

Dear J J Ji,
You must learn to do some web search before posting some Qs in our dear forum. I managed to read your 'Tanglish' post! :ranger:

Please do not drag ThiruvaLLuvar for the mAngaip pAl verse! It is NOT his kuraL. :nono: Those lines are by
குதம்பைச் சித்தன்.

Now, for enlightenment of Tamil readers, here is something worth reading:

''மாங்காய்ப் பால்உண்டு மலைமேல் இருப்போருக்குத்
தேங்காய்ப்ப தால் ஏதுக்கடி-குதம்பாய்
தேங்காய்ப்பால் ஏதுக்கடி.

ஞானப் பாலுண்டு தலை உச்சியலே சிந்தனை கூடி நிலைத்து நிற்கும் ஞானிகளுக்கு உலக இச்சையாகிய பிற இன்பங்கள்

வேண்டியதில்லை எனக் குதம்பைச் சித்தன் மேற்காணும் பாடலுக்கு மீ.ப . சோமு விளக்கம் அளிக்கிறார்.

மாங்காய் என்பது பிரமம், பால் என்பது அதன் அனுபவம், அதாவத ஞானப்பால், தேங்காய்ப்பால் உலக இச்சை, மலை

என்பது மேலான சமாதி, இ.வ்வாறு உள்ளுறைப் பொருள் அமைத்துப் பாடும் பாடல்களைப் பிறிது மொழிதலணி என்று

கூறுவர், சித்தர்கள் தம் கொள்கைகளை மறைவாக வைத்துக் கொள்ள குழுஉக் குறியினைப் படைத்துக் கொண்டனர்.

திருமந்திரத்திலுள்ள சூனிய சம்பாடணை (உரையாடல்) இதற்குச் சயான சான்றாகும். அவர்களின் மருத்துவ நூல்களும்

இவ்வாறு குழுஉக் குறிகளைப் பயன்படுத்தியுள்ளன.''

Source: சித்தர் என்னும் சொல்லுக்கு ...

Nalla padichavanga nalu peru sonnanga Non oru muttalunga. Sure you are No2 among the four Nalla Padichavanga!
No 1 You will identify I am sure - You did that with 2 for Tango!!

Last edited:
"Kidnap A Kid" joke

There was a sardarji who was down on his luck. In order to raise some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree, and told him, "i've kidnapped you." the sardarji then wrote a note saying: "i've kidnapped your kid.
Tomorrow morning, put $10, 000 in a paper bag & put it beneath the mango tree next to the slide on the north side of the city play ground". signed, "a sardarji". The sardarji then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents.
The next morning the sardarji checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath the mango tree. The sardarji opened up the bag and found the $10, 000 with a note saying, "how could you do this to a fellow sardarji? !"

I think I just have time to post this and will be vanishing for 20 days! from April 1 to 20th

Linga calls and I accept ! Not one but two ! Panchamuga - Pasupathi Nath In Kathmandu and the Atma linga the one Ravana carried from Kailash - Baidynath Dham and them - Kali in Kalighat and back! Naryana has called me to Mukthinath! and not worry - he will take care of my heath - I donot know if my "Lung Power" is enough to reach him at that alltitude My pulmonolosit in Madurai tells me I can make with these sprays and drugs he has priscribed! I must conserve and not waste my Lung Power on Jihadi Naryanas! Nadapthellam Naryanan seyal!

"Kidnap A Kid" joke

There was a sardarji who was down on his luck. In order to raise some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree, and told him, "i've kidnapped you." the sardarji then wrote a note saying: "i've kidnapped your kid.
Tomorrow morning, put $10, 000 in a paper bag & put it beneath the mango tree next to the slide on the north side of the city play ground". signed, "a sardarji". The sardarji then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents.
The next morning the sardarji checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath the mango tree. The sardarji opened up the bag and found the $10, 000 with a note saying, "how could you do this to a fellow sardarji? !"

I think I just have time to post this and will be vanishing for 20 days! from April 1 to 20th

Linga calls and I accept ! Not one but two ! Panchamuga - Pasupathi Nath In Kathmandu and the Atma linga the one Ravana carried from Kailash - Baidynath Dham and them - Kali in Kalighat and back! Naryana has called me to Mukthinath! and not worry - he will take care of my heath - I donot know if my "Lung Power" is enough to reach him at that alltitude My pulmonolosit in Madurai tells me I can make with these sprays and drugs he has priscribed! I must conserve and not waste my Lung Power on Jihadi Naryanas! Nadapthellam Naryanan seyal!

If at all there is a contest in our forum for interesting and witty posts, I feel JJJ would be miles ahead of others :)

quote_icon.png

........ I think I just have time to post this and will be vanishing for 20 days! from April 1 to 20th

Dear JJ Ji,

I will miss you lots..your posts are so much fun.

Lots of hugs and kisses

Renu

I know the reason for using the expression 'vAththu madaiyan' but

what is the story behind 'mangA madaiyan'?? Any idea J J Ji?

I thought the story behind the expression Manga Madyan is simple, obvious and self explanatory - an innocent simpleton like the one who goes up a Mangoe tree to eat an apple & calling the Monkey an idiot or Madayan because he has an apple in his hand.!! is a typical example! You want a Bhashyam on this! - I should imagine myself to be knowledgeable - and think differntly and find an inner meaning instead of the obvious!! When I think of Black I see only the colour and nothing else - Black as noun But to informed Vaishna this will be an adjective and will see Krishna who is black! When asked innocently why can't you see any other object that is black like Kaka instead of Krishna they get upset and call you idiot or madayan! The " More Informed" Vaishnava may come out - not upset but upbeat - in the black wings of kaka also will see Nandalaala - taking the cue from Bharathi and still call you a Madayan!! They refuse to see what is obvious - the black colour but wishfully think of Krishna only! This type thinking - (Thumba Vittu valla pidikira Kathai) may be behind the expressin Manga madayan !!

I donot know if his idea was this when Vadara tweeted Mango Men! Inner meaning is Aam Aadmi - ( Mango Man) and the politician - the real as well as the Binami or Proxy like Vadra always fool the Aam Aadmi - Mango Man and the fooled Mango Man becomes Manga Madyan!!

Picked up to day - Off season Mango

i have one for you, right behind the curtains on the windo

My grandmother is 75 years old and her eldest child, my father is 55.

My father has a fondness for mangoes. Fondness would be a mild word; he is crazy for mangoes. He eats around 1.5 kgs mangoes daily (one or more at breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, dinner) with no side -effects. Go figure!!

Others in my family love them too, after all it is but the yummiest thing on earth :)

So in order to ensure that her child gets his daily "dose" of mangoes and to be sure that when he return from office others have not finished them already, she "HIDES" them.

Yes, my grandmother, old and now slightly crazy (in a very cute way) goes to the kitchen during afternoon, opens the fridge, takes out 2-3 pieces of magoes and hides them in bathroom, wardrobe, under the bed, behind the pillow, behind the curtain. (We constantly discover her hideouts and she constantly improvises and changes places). She does this DAILY when mangoes are in season.

To me that is the cutest thing ever. It is so adorable to see my father come home and ask for mangoes with my mother telling him that they are finished and my grandmother rising from her bed and saying no Beta (child), i have one for you, right behind the curtains on the windo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back