• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mahabharatham – Kumbakonam edition – Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

மகாபாரதம் கும்பகோணம் பதிப்பு முன்பதிவு:

While browsing the internet I stepped into an announcement that Sri Venkataramanan of Sri Chakra Publications is planing to bring out all the eighteen parvas of "Srimath Mahabharatham" Tamil translation known as Kumbakonam Edition published in 1923. Full details about the same is available in the following weblink.

?????????????????? | ????????

My first exposure was through Vyasar Virundu by Rajaji. This book is now retitled as Mahabharatam and available. Later on I read all the volumes of the Kumbakonam edition from my grandfather's collection. I did not know then that it was a close translation of the original. I now have the full samskrit edition. I hope there is sufficient response for the new effort.

Mahabharatham - Kumbakonam Edition - Announcement

here is another effort in current colloquial tamil..by arul selva per arasan

mahabharatham

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

Thanks a lot for guiding us to this weblink. I have gone through a small portion of the translation. Author Sri Arul Selva Perarasan has takenup a great job of translating Kisri Mohan Ganguli's English translation of Original Mahabharatham, into Tamil. Very good effort.

Among the editions of Mahabharatha in recent times, I liked the book The Mahabharata - A Modern rendering by Ramesh Menon (Two Volumes). This book is available for (preview) reading in the following URL:

Ramesh Menon - Mahabharata

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back