• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Madisar/Panchakacham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madisar/panchakacham are the beautiful attire to look. In the cinema, they are killing them literally. Wearing 9 yards will provide added divine beauty to the brahmin ladies and elite themselves as "MAMI". Seeing 9-yards in today generation is getting rare. Atleast, they should wear on occassions like:

1. Varalakshmi vritham
2. Karadaiyan nonbu
3. Karthigai deepam
4. Margazhi thiruvadhirai
5. Pongal Sankranthi
6. Avani avittam
7. Navarathri
8. Srartham/homam/other such things
9. Traditional get togethers
10. Sumangali prarthanai (I think here and srartham alone it is must)

Why not fridays??? I think if our ladies of this generaation started waering this, am sure younger generation will also follow as this will become new style for them.

NOTE: My mom said that, it is very hard to wash the 9-yard saree. "THUKKI PIZHINJU ULARTHATKULLA PODUM PODUMNU AIDURADU" this is what she usually says...

Also other problem is for some ladies the kacham will gets loosen (Wearing madisar in a proper way will give you elegant look; It will be the other way around also...).

It also occupies lot of space to get dried.

I think wearing it often and use of washing machine will solve these problems also...

Last edited:
There is a technique which perhaps is not passed on to this generation.you must watch old ladies folding,drenching,squeezing the giant saree with ease and alacrity..I have seen the earlier generation ladies nicely conversing and drying them quickly..

Yeah... But the same time you should also think of their physique. They can lift a Venkala panai with their single hand. Can this generation ladies do that without a pressure? they were workoholic and never get tired. But what about today's girls??? they have a lot of enthu to do things. they are mentally strong also. But, physically they are weak when compared to elder generation people.... So everything that will be easier for them. Also, they thought them as regular dos. they dont even think of 6-yards. So, their habitual waering made them strong in that. At the same time, that has become a constraint for new generation.

Pranams

Yeah... But the same time you should also think of their physique. They can lift a Venkala panai with their single hand. Can this generation ladies do that without a pressure? they were workoholic and never get tired. But what about today's girls??? they have a lot of enthu to do things. they are mentally strong also. But, physically they are weak when compared to elder generation people.... So everything that will be easier for them. Also, they thought them as regular dos. they dont even think of 6-yards. So, their habitual waering made them strong in that. At the same time, that has become a constraint for new generation.

Pranams

absolutely correct..the lay back life style...no proper food and exercise..living for the neighbours...false prestige and so on...have led to the slow and steady erosion of our values and practices!

:)) Hilarious ! I so agree that today's generation is slowly losing the touch. But we cannot say everyone is like that. It all depends on parenting and family teachings too. I know so many Indian born gals who feel shy to keep pottu. Wherelse I love wearing pottu all the time even if I am in modern attire. I feel proud of my own heritage as I grew to be like that. I was trained in bharathanatyam , odissi and veena. So... its not about being born out of India, its individual.

As mentioned by Durgadasan, I wear madisar at least once a week on Friday/Saturday prayers with my husband and I ensure he wears veshti too :))

I'm still young :) Yes, I am not physically strong :D But I try washing in my hands too...as u said "podhum podhum nu ayerthu"...! Still, the beauty of madisar shines.

Yeah. I agree with you 100%. The Beauty lies in that only. If "rasam or more (Buttermilk)" flows from the sides of the vessel, what we colloquially call it as "Madisar payaradhu", it means it is freely flowing. If oil from pickle flows from the sides of vessel, we call it as "Asadu vazhiaradhu". A madisar should flow like that. Easy to flow like veshti. (Thazaya thazaya katinda nanna mahalakshmi mari irukadho- My patti's verse)...

Last edited:
The younger generation ladies are endowed with all sorts of gadgets for washing clothes,utinsils,sweeping,grinding and what not, which our mother or grand mother would not have even dreamt of.Not only there is the availability of such gadgets but also there is affordability for the majority to acquire them.Such being the case,where is the chance for the present day ladies to burn the calories as the older ones.It is a pity to see very young girls being obese, running to the gyms to cut down their unwanted fat from their physique.

Madisar /Panchakacham

I would like to deal the topic on Madisar /Panchakacham in a philosophical sense. To an Indian, philosophy is a way of life - ie to understand sublte aspects of great ideas, certain practices help in the cognitive process. Madisar /Panchakacham is one such a practice.
The goal of Indian idea (OR) a Brahmin way of life is Moksha / Liberation /Nithya Ananda etc. To get there one has to follow eight steps. The first step is called YAMA -which is the practice of the 5 moral codes - Satya, Ahimsa, Brahmacharya, Asteya and Aparigraha.
Among the many ways one can practice Ahimsa, one of them being - avoid a sexual appeal. Because by dressing in a sensual way, one creates the situation for another person to commit a wrong thought /action. This is the concept behind a modest dress code -Madisar /Panchakacham.
To understand the value of Ahimsa - it is said, in presence of a compassionate soul even a Snake would spread its hood over a frog to protect the from from rain. It had happened in presence of Shri Jagadguru Adi Shankara. That place is Sringeri.
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Hari Om !

...Among the many ways one can practice Ahimsa, one of them being - avoid a sexual appeal. Because by dressing in a sensual way, one creates the situation for another person to commit a wrong thought /action. This is the concept behind a modest dress code -Madisar /Panchakacham.
... !

veekay,

i am very impressed by the arguements, though i have doubts as to whether anyone would be following this.

the idea of incorporating sex within ahimsa is quite a shock.

we are talking of youngsters here, at the prime of their sexual appetite. hiding, suppressing and enforcing strict laws, in my opinion has just the opposite effect.

i somehow detect an aversion to sex in your message, but i may be wrong. after all, we also have a tradition of worshipping sex. hence, why the puritanical attitude to treat this in passing.

should our life not be centred around our phyisical body, beautiful as it is. where will the erotic literature fit in with our daily lives? after all, many of our religious literature too borders on eroticism with the almighty.

somehow, your arguments, for me atleast, does not jive, either with the hindus of long ago or with the current ones. it appears to me a yearning for a utopia prescribed by a jain eunuch.

i have heard that prior to islamic invasion we were a permissive society. the concept of keeping women under guard, purdah and above all widow defacement, were a reaction to the arabian mores of separation of man, woman and sex, each into its own separate compartments, with either one of the players preferring to partner whatever may be their object of choice. don't know how much this is true.

by the way, madisar is designed to be among the sexiest looking female garment. have you noticed, how as the lady walks, the sar raises up the left left upto the thigh? it is meant to be erotic. also, with one flip of the fold, it makes one easy for a quickie. so let us not mix madisar with religiosity, under any circumstances.

there is an intersting jayakanthan story about this phenomenon: a writer suffering a block, got cured on seeing a young brahmin bride leaving with her husband at the airport, with her madisar intact and the thigh peeping out each time she walked a step. all in good sense and in the pursuit of a reluctant muse to produce the highest quality literature ofcourse :). i hope this is ok.

Last edited:
after all, many of our religious literature too borders on eroticism with the almighty.

You say borders? Au contraire! Perhaps you have not read Azhvar pasurams. Some are downright not fit for mixed company of modern Brahmins.

Among the most beautiful of Azhvar pasurams are the ones dripping with eroticism, no bordering.

First and foremost, they never shied away from describing female anatomy in the most exquisite ways, viz. தடமுலை, அகல் அல்குல், and புரவு அல்குல்.

The sexual angle was natural for Andal due to her gender. But what is striking is the male Azhvars taking on female role in their relationship to their almighty.

In this 21st pasuram of Thirunedunthandakam, Thirumangai Azhvar describes a scene where the azhvar in female form is waiting for her lord to come to her and make love. But the lord comes with Lakshmana (இருவராய் வந்தார் என் முன்னே நின்றார்) and the Azhvar gets really shy and fearful (அவரை நாம் தேவரென்று அஞ்சினோமே).

In two other prabhandhams called Siriya and Periya Thirumadal, Thirumangai Azvar gives very sensual description of her "viraha thApam". In fact the Azhvar says that she does not accept the concept of 4 purusharthams, aRam, porul, inbam, vIdu. As far as the Azhvar was concerned there is only one prusuhartham worth pursuing, namely, inbam/kamam. Of course kAmam towards the almighty.

The point is, the Azhvars were not prudes, they described their love for the almighty in very sensual terms.

If ever there was a conservative Acharya, it was Swami Sri Desikan. He named one of his granthas, SubhAshitha Neevi. The term SubhAshitha Neevi refers to a knot that is part of a madishar, used to protect and deny easy access to the valuable asset. This grantha is supposed to be about secrets that must be revealed only through properly approaching an Acharya and going through all the required spiritual foreplay.

So, there you go, sexual prudishness is not part of the great tradition that everyone here is very eager to celebrate!!!

Cheers!

I would like to deal the topic on Madisar /Panchakacham in a philosophical sense. To an Indian, philosophy is a way of life - ie to understand sublte aspects of great ideas, certain practices help in the cognitive process. Madisar /Panchakacham is one such a practice.
The goal of Indian idea (OR) a Brahmin way of life is Moksha / Liberation /Nithya Ananda etc. To get there one has to follow eight steps. The first step is called YAMA -which is the practice of the 5 moral codes - Satya, Ahimsa, Brahmacharya, Asteya and Aparigraha.
Among the many ways one can practice Ahimsa, one of them being - avoid a sexual appeal. Because by dressing in a sensual way, one creates the situation for another person to commit a wrong thought /action. This is the concept behind a modest dress code -Madisar /Panchakacham.
To understand the value of Ahimsa - it is said, in presence of a compassionate soul even a Snake would spread its hood over a frog to protect the from from rain. It had happened in presence of Shri Jagadguru Adi Shankara. That place is Sringeri.
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Ahimsa Paramodharma !!!
Hari Om !

Good interpretation!

S.Sridharan

Folks,

The mention of Madisar and Panchakancham as instruments towards making one an unattractive person for sexual attraction is a perfect example of how our community has put ourselves far away from nature.

Theare are four ashramas defined. A grihastha definitely needs to fulfill his duties as a husband. And this includes having healthy sexual relationship with one's wife and vice versa.

I see more and more yougsters (especially in USA) from our community who pay unduly attention towards spiritual matters when they are young and married. While spirituality is good, it has it's place and time and that is why the last two ashramas are reserved for it. There is nothing more cruel than denying one's spouse and also oneself the conjugal pleasures at the grihastha stage of life. Our religion does not forbid this; in fact it encourages it.

Our community, I think has moved away from what is natural - some call this 'dharma' - we deny ourselves proper enjoyment of this life to wait for something in the other world. I have seen numerous instances where the elders are not taken care of, but after they pass away, ostentatious rites are performed to aid the souls of the departed.

I hope this does not come across as condemnation. We have actually lost sight of what is important in the current life in some very important areas of our lives. I think we pay too much attention to material/educational success in this world than thinking about what makes us all as fulfilled human beings in different stages of our lives. Interference in our children's marriage (usually by women who were abused by their Mother-in-laws, who in turn pass that behaviour down), not having a loving relationships with our elders and not backing up our spouses against some obvious mis-treatments by our parents are all examples where we as a community fail.

Just my two cents......

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
I don't think Madisar/panchakacham dress will in any way interfere with the mutual attraction between a husband and wife.They become husband and wife and remain so life long attached to each other based on other important aspects like mutual respect/understanding,love and the bondage that comes about through their offsprings etc.
S.Sridharan

Dear Sri Sadasivam.sridharan Ji,

Then. why did you say this?:

Good interpretation!

Regards,
KRS

Madisar /Panchakacham

veekay,

i am very impressed by the arguements, though i have doubts as to whether anyone would be following this.

we are talking of youngsters here, at the prime of their sexual appetite. hiding, suppressing and enforcing strict laws, in my opinion has just the opposite effect.

i somehow detect an aversion to sex in your message, but i may be wrong. after all, we also have a tradition of worshipping sex. hence, why the puritanical attitude to treat this in passing.

should our life not be centred around our phyisical body, beautiful as it is. where will the erotic literature fit in with our daily lives? after all, many of our religious literature too borders on eroticism with the almighty.

somehow, your arguments, for me atleast, does not jive, either with the hindus of long ago or with the current ones. it appears to me a yearning for a utopia prescribed by a jain eunuch.

i have heard that prior to islamic invasion we were a permissive society. the concept of keeping women under guard, purdah and above all widow defacement, were a reaction to the arabian mores of separation of man, woman and sex, each into its own separate compartments, with either one of the players preferring to partner whatever may be their object of choice. don't know how much this is true.

by the way, madisar is designed to be among the sexiest looking female garment. have you noticed, how as the lady walks, the sar raises up the left left upto the thigh? it is meant to be erotic. also, with one flip of the fold, it makes one easy for a quickie. so let us not mix madisar with religiosity, under any circumstances.

there is an intersting jayakanthan story about this phenomenon: a writer suffering a block, got cured on seeing a young brahmin bride leaving with her husband at the airport, with her madisar intact and the thigh peeping out each time she walked a step. all in good sense and in the pursuit of a reluctant muse to produce the highest quality literature ofcourse :). i hope this is ok.

In general Philosophy is like walking on thin ice. Pleople always interpret great thoughts to suit their own conveniences / mind.
That is why Indian saints/ philosopers do not talk instead just live and know it.
You were attempting to interpret my views as talibanistic. My actual opinion /view is far from it. I cannot wake up a person who is acting like sleeping but I shall try my best ot wake up a person from true slumber. I shall in this case give you the benifit of doubt.- Assuming you are in slumber .

Our forefathers used stories to interpret philosophy. Let me use the same tool here.
The erotic (Kama) relation between Rama and Sita is fine / healthy/ spritual / positive / etc. How ever the Kama of Ravana towards Sita is not necessarily the right one. SO, understanding Kama, difference between Kama and Perversion and the relation between Kama and Ahimsa in the right context is Critical to my views on modesty in dressing - Madisar /Panchakacham.
Finally it depends on the individual as to how they wear their Madisar/Panchakacham. Just because one person wear it in an inappropriate manner does not make the dress inappropriate.
Also your idea that India was a permissive society doen not hold ground. Yes, some sections were permissive -that does not make the whole society permissive. Just as ahimsa is a ladder to take us towards mukthi, so is Brahmacharya.

Hari Om !!!

Dear Sri Sadasivam.sridharan Ji,

Then. why did you say this?:

Good interpretation!

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sir,
What I mean to say is that such tradtional dress code adopted by our community is in a way a sort of shield aginst the lustful gaze of the opposite sex outside the wedlock.That way it is a good interpretation.

my notes in blue

Folks,

"While spirituality is good, it has it's place and time and that is why the last two ashramas are reserved for it. There is nothing more cruel than denying one's spouse and also oneself the conjugal pleasures at the grihastha stage of life. Our religion does not forbid this; in fact it encourages it."

I totally agree with this .One natural aim of life is to propogate its own species.For major living creatures this is accomplished as a result of reproductive sex. It is towards this , nature has provided this with pleasure.

Adi Shankaraacharya was not throned on Jnaanapetam at first attempt for lack of this knowledge as he was a brahmachari.

Our community, I think has moved away from what is natural - some call this 'dharma' - we deny ourselves proper enjoyment of this life to wait for something in the other world. I have seen numerous instances where the elders are not taken care of, but after they pass away, ostentatious rites are performed to aid the souls of the departed.

Even moksha will come to a person who has done his Normal duties in this world. I vaguely recall the essnce of an old tamil movie somg, which says that if God has lived in this world and as a lover, loved and lost, He will prostrate before man and call man His god. That is why the Rama avatar is important-- SriRama had lived as normal human being and gone thru the life's ups and downs. For that matter , Dharmaputra, Sri Krishna etc all have gone thru normal life--- and not directly sacrified everything. and we worship them as God-and the renunciators we call only sanyasis or sadhus. Even rishis used to have grihastha life.

As pointed out correctly ---the order should be brahmacharya,grihastha,vaanaprastha and Sanyaasa.

As Kannadasan has noted in his Arthamulla indu matham--- ithu sanyasa matham alla, ithu vaazha vendiya, vaazha vaikum matham.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
In general Philosophy is like walking on thin ice. Pleople always interpret great thoughts to suit their own conveniences / mind.
That is why Indian saints/ philosopers do not talk instead just live and know it.
You were attempting to interpret my views as talibanistic. My actual opinion /view is far from it. I cannot wake up a person who is acting like sleeping but I shall try my best ot wake up a person from true slumber. I shall in this case give you the benifit of doubt.- Assuming you are in slumber .

Our forefathers used stories to interpret philosophy. Let me use the same tool here.
The erotic (Kama) relation between Rama and Sita is fine / healthy/ spritual / positive / etc. How ever the Kama of Ravana towards Sita is not necessarily the right one. SO, understanding Kama, difference between Kama and Perversion and the relation between Kama and Ahimsa in the right context is Critical to my views on modesty in dressing - Madisar /Panchakacham.
Finally it depends on the individual as to how they wear their Madisar/Panchakacham. Just because one person wear it in an inappropriate manner does not make the dress inappropriate.
Also your idea that India was a permissive society doen not hold ground. Yes, some sections were permissive -that does not make the whole society permissive. Just as ahimsa is a ladder to take us towards mukthi, so is Brahmacharya.

Hari Om !!!

thank you veekay.

i will attempt to clarify. let us talk about the lady wearing the proper way the madisar.

according to you, if i understand it right, madisar represents what? i do not want to put any religiosity in this dress. it evolved over time, i think, as we really do not know what sita wore.

are there any detailed descriptions of what our women wore in 2000 years ago? did they wear a blouse to cover their breasts? or the extension of the thalappu did the needful covering?

we all know that the concept of panties is recent. can we say that the blouse is only a few hundred years old? further, the concept of bra, even in the west is only 100 years old.

would talking about this make me a pervert in your definiton?

if i understand your way of thinking right, madisar has a holy hue attached to it, some dharma thrown in and all glorifying the modesty of women. somewhere there you have also dropped rama & sita.

to me, madisar, is an evolved female garment, whose antecedents we did not know. it is a distinct way to identify female TBs and i have noticed that there is an inherent sexiness and kama to it.

there is no relationship between the two. the idea to wear madisar during religious ceremonies, is i suspect, again due to reluctance to break habits.

also, i cannot believe there is any connection between madi and madisar. if you wear a cotton panty underneath, a bra, and a blouse, you have lost madi. so too a cotton podavai.

only silk has madi. but then kanchi mutt has voted against silk.

now to me, this is how thin a philophical discussion is. ok?

thank you.

on a lighter note, a madisar, is 9 yards. i measured the circular measurment of my daughter's skirs which came to 1/2 yard. so for the cloth used to garb one TB female madisar style, we can theoretically clothe 18 young lasses today. :)

Madisar

Dear Iyer Ponnu
This is an interesting topic you have started and I am happy to find a number of responses. Let me add my own response in this page.

Madisar and Panchakachcham are worn by married people in the South among the Brahmin community. But even today in Maharashtra and to some extent in Karnataka and Andhra the nine yard sari is worn by non Brahmins also. So it is not necessarily a Brahmin article of dress. Any community can wear madisar and dhothi or panchakachcham.

I also find that in Maharashtra the 9 yard is worn in rural and also urban areas even before marriage by girls when they come of age. It is worn by them even before marriage. At least that was the custom up to 20 or 30 years ago but it may be a little less common now.

I was told by my father and others that the shastras prescribe that men and women should wear unstitched clothes which are not tailored. The garment should be with kachcha or thar so that the energy of the body is not lost to the earth. It is also a fact that the kachcha gives protection, safety and self control to both men and women.

There is no religious reason for wearing of madisar etc. But the shastras prescribe madisar and panchakachcham for the reasons stated in the above paragraph. My wife from young age had no religious faith and actually since our marriage 28 years ago she also became a total rationalist (no belief in God or prayer etc). She had to wear madisar due to my mother's condition initially but later on she continues the 9 yards permanently because of comfort and feeling of safety and modesty. So religious reasons are not necessary but the modesty, grace and safety are the reasons given by the Shastras.

Madi can be observed without madisar but the use of kachcha is recommended for prayer and pooja etc as it gives both self control and madi.

More people can convert to madisar for these reasons. The same applies to panchkachcham. The problem is 1) non familiarity and 2) fear of ridicule by others. Both can be overcome if more people can start wearing these items of clothing frequently and regularly.:blabla:

I was going through the threads posted earlier on and found some posts relating to how the madisar and the panchakacham should be worn.. this gave rise to another question in my mind..I know that the madisar/panchakacham is considered to be the garment of the Tamil Brahmin. My patti(s) wear it everyday; my mother on certain auspicious days, me once on the day I got married and once during my sister's wedding and for the sumangali prarthanai. My question is as follows: When should the madisar/panchakacham be worn?
Given the fact that most of us dont wear it often, I feel that this beautiful garment is slowly dying.At least if we all made sure that we wore it on certain days, this lovely saree wont fade away completely..Are there any rules/restrictions as to when this has to be worn? Is this governed by the rules for 'athu pazhakam' and does this (wearing it on certain occasions and festive days) depend on which part of Tamilnadu/Kerala the family hails from.. Please clarify..

Mythili

....I was told by my father and others that the shastras prescribe that men and women should wear unstitched clothes which are not tailored. The garment should be with kachcha or thar so that the energy of the body is not lost to the earth. It is also a fact that the kachcha gives protection, safety and self control to both men and women.

dasaanu,

i do not want to sound pervert and neither am i one.

but i cannot help noting that we do, these days, wear undergarments which are 'stitched'.

so whether we wear madisar or kachcham, we do lose the energy of the body to earth. right?

thank you.

Dear all,

So you people concluded very well that madisar is not fit for creating lust (In veekay's words KAMA). See four or five generations before ( I mean our forefathers) have atleast 10-15 kids each (Are that madisar not attracted them??hahahah).

Long back, I studied a story in Kumduam or AV. I forget. But the story is this. A young iyer boy married a iyer girl. This boy went all over the world. He saw girls of all types. So, even after marriage he did not even see his wife at all. She was worried much because of this. Finally, one of her doctor friend asks her, what you wear in home? She replied, "nighties or chuidar". That doctor said, "OK. you are a brahmin girl na. Just wear madisar daily and see the change". She followed the doctor's advise and found her problem cleared.

I agree that lust comes from attire too. (But we cannot say that an attire alone can create lust). In the proper combination (place, opposite sex, looks, dress, their mentalities, etc.), it is coming out. I just leave this for the mamis to answer this, whether their attire (Madisar) attracts their mamas or not. If they attract their own mama, why not the other guys too???

I also want to contradict one statement, the lust of ravana... Ravana did not saw seetha and got his perversion at first sight. It was totally because of surpanaka, he acted like that. Nowhere in whichever ramayana, I think the attire of sita was described that much worst to induce the lust of other people.

If sita wore madisar at that time, will ravana left her in that hermitage itself???
So, the philosophical and in-depth conclusion and findings and all are mere vain only I think. This is a customary wear for our own people. Even if we teach, only certain people can grab who comes from other communities. At any cost, we should not give up our own customs, which are rich in cultural heritage. Bengalis wear same saree in a style, even among us, Iyers wear madisar in a style and iyengars wear in other way around. Can we say apart from madisar all the other attires will create perversion and lust??? Certianly no. Because, madisar itself is such an attire only. Anyhow, it has its own beautiness residing inside, it makes a dwarf girl to tall girl, a young girl to mature lady.
Madisar and panchakacham has everything to start a grihasthasrama...

Pranams

Last edited:
Dress should offer convenience and /or comfort.

I can keep many things, from comb, Credit card ,medicines,cellphone,calculator, to money ---or what not, in umpteen pockets in trouser/pants and shirt. Or even in specialised undergarments as used by many in Indian villages and towns .

A panchakacham does not offer these conveniences..

So let us not blame anybody or let us not be dogmatic.

People will choose what is good for them.

Adapatability should be the prime aim.

Greetings

Madisar and Panchakachcham

Kunjuppu Sir
Your statement or question does not prove or disprove anything. What I mean is that by extending the logic further one can state that there is nothing wrong with eating beef or with nudism. And the argument will be totally correct. But that does not mean that vegetarianism or wearing clothes is wrong!

Such argument for the sake of argument takes us away from the subject I feel. I was only stating the belief as per the Shastras in regard to kachcham and not suggesting that wearing of underwear results in loss of energy. Once again it is yathaa saukaryam. No compulsion.

Mr Durgadasan says madisar resulted in sex appeal and 15 children families. But even those whose wives did not have madisar had such large families. I think availability of contraceptives and economic needs are the reasons for today's smaller families. When everybody wore madisar it had no more sex appeal than today's sari of 6 yards. Now that madisar is rare people may find it attractive. That is all. :nod:

dasaanu,

i do not want to sound pervert and neither am i one.

but i cannot help noting that we do, these days, wear undergarments which are 'stitched'.

so whether we wear madisar or kachcham, we do lose the energy of the body to earth. right?

thank you.

Dear suryakasyapa ji...

Cellphone, purse, money, credit card, calculator -- will you carry all these things with you when you do srartha for your father or vivaha for your son??? Certainly wearing a dress is just for a convenient sake. But, at the same time, one should not give up their traditions because of laziness and silly reasons. Madisars and panchakachams are our own attire. From the very beginning of this thread, almost everyone said that atleast these should wear during some functions. At those times, more than personal convenience something is there... Am I right sir?

Can you say that smt. visaka hari or shri. Vittal das maharaj are not comfort with these attires when going out??? Even in this same forum, many people have accepted that they wear this often.

Once again, I stress that certainly convenience depends on each person. But, if we loose everything for our convenience, finally we will lose everything.

Note: Once, muslim people wear lungi and we wore dhoti. Now??? the situation is totally turned. Because of we only... Dont make madisar and panchakacham to die...

Pranams

Sorry if Iam wrong by any means

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back