• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maanam Ketta Tamil Cinema!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont differ from topic

Dear Vijisesh
Statistics may be lies, but what i said is blatant. you can see it with your own eyes. You said brahmins are still interested in knowing their culture. If that is the case, they will have a some idea of our culture by now. but the truth is the opposite. They are more keen in learning computer software than anything else. What is the result ? They become slaves of the west and become mlechas. Thats all. Im still an optimist !!!

vanam9394
why u are mixing culture with profession..Culture is how we have to steam line our self... but professional is different for other world.. we should practice both.. yes i am a software profession but while i am at home i am doing sandavandana and reading slokas.. being a software profession we need to earn for ourself and for our family... not only software engineer this is respective of any rofession following culture is purifying our self for next jenma and this janma.. i belive that we have lot of audio and vedios of our swamiji upanyasam.. we can hear our self .. that gives peace of mind and clean our self...

these cultural toughts wont come by forcing by ur mother or others, it shoud be in self... ofcourse it is our duty to do it.. see our younger generation should start pratcise those things in order to maintain our bramistical culture.

Dear Sriniranga,

Good to note that u also practice Sandhyavandhanam after working hours !
The 5 types of pranayam will help one to control breath also !
And listening to keerthanas , bhajans , shall keep one away from being addicted to TV serials and other unwanted things and will make a meaning to your life !

vanam9394
why u are mixing culture with profession..Culture is how we have to steam line our self... but professional is different for other world.. we should practice both.. yes i am a software profession but while i am at home i am doing sandavandana and reading slokas.. being a software profession we need to earn for ourself and for our family... not only software engineer this is respective of any rofession following culture is purifying our self for next jenma and this janma.. i belive that we have lot of audio and vedios of our swamiji upanyasam.. we can hear our self .. that gives peace of mind and clean our self...

these cultural toughts wont come by forcing by ur mother or others, it shoud be in self... ofcourse it is our duty to do it.. see our younger generation should start pratcise those things in order to maintain our bramistical culture.

If you argue that brahmins are following their culture and tradition, it is a meaningless argument. Even a newborn baby knows that is not true. In fact that is the main argument for all the non-brahmins that brahmins are not brahmins anymore. If you ever been to big cities like madras which has huge brahmin population. You can see for yourself what is really going on there. Total deviation of any sort of brahminical culture.

An old saying !

When you point a finger to someone (or 2 fingers including the thumb), the other 3 fingers point at you !!

This is a forum to AGREE UPON what needs to be done to solve the problems such as the one you have raised !!-- being ....How do you make brahmins still interested in knowing their culture ??
so that HISTORY doesn;t wipe off existence of BRAHMINS like the fading ORANGUTTANS ! ( Wrong choice, , I should have chosen TIGERS- perhaps!!

So u are supposed to put up solutions in a common platform to discuss rather than posting problems !

At the end of the fruitful discussion in this forum , during which
you may be seriously tested for your emotional values ,
made to go around in circles returning to the point of origin ,
counter argued over and over again
and at the end , the secret will be unfolded !!
Finally ,
You shall discover much much more about YOURSELF and YOUR INNER KNOWLEDGE !! and how much efforts and pains have been taken
by the other members of this forum ( including me ) to make u understand ur INNER CONSCIENCE !!
TRY IT TO EXPERIENCE this feeling !
Make a START today !!

I greatly appreciate your intension on finding a solution to the problem. But the first step is to clearly identify the problem. It is like if you go to a doctor, first thing they do is to identify the problem exactly so that they can give proper medicine. So the first step is to identify the problem. Frankly, I have no answer to your question "How do you make brahmins still interested in knowing their culture ??". That is something we need to discuss. I think people need to be thought the true meaning and relevance of our culture and tradition.

Last edited:
vanam 9394 ji

I agree with u !

The first step is for the parents to get to know the basics first and then spend some quality time with their siblings , conveying what they have read ! But beware , u may have to be ready with one hundred thousand answers to convince your whiz kids !

Why do I get the feeling that u always put up a serious outlook in your msgs ???

Cheer up, it's not ur fault ! that things are happening this way !! Right !!

Try and share a joke in the area for jokes !

vanam 9394 ji

I agree with u !

The first step is for the parents to get to know the basics first and then spend some quality time with their siblings , conveying what they have read ! But beware , u may have to be ready with one hundred thousand answers to convince your whiz kids !

Why do I get the feeling that u always put up a serious outlook in your msgs ???

Cheer up, it's not ur fault ! that things are happening this way !! Right !!

Try and share a joke in the area for jokes !

Well, it is not my fault except that i made the mistake of taking birth in a brahmin family. i have gone through lot of trouble for the simple reason that i was born a brahmin and suffered for all the mistakes done by my predecessors. thats why i want brahmin community to unite and start acting now instead of postponing for ever. :embarassed:

mistakes

Well, it is not my fault except that i made the mistake of taking birth in a brahmin family. i have gone through lot of trouble for the simple reason that i was born a brahmin and suffered for all the mistakes done by my predecessors. thats why i want brahmin community to unite and start acting now instead of postponing for ever. :embarassed:

what mistakes they done... dont talk like periyar follower . basically we are not doing wong things to any one... we are following our path... same way non-bramins are also. but few of non bramins those who are saying i am follower of periyar are fools and ideots... pls dont talk like this... becase our predecessors are really good and having humanity of others.

Come on! give some more time for the lady to explain what's troubling her !
We have all the time in the world then to comment but let us examine what's disturbing her ! Maybe personal reasons!
Why is she so vexed about being a brahmin , when the GREEN signal has already been given to eat " whatever moves in land , swims across water and flies in air "!! ,
We need to have justifications from her as to why she feels this way !!

Come on! give some more time for the lady to explain what's troubling her !
We have all the time in the world then to comment but let us examine what's disturbing her ! Maybe personal reasons!
Why is she so vexed about being a brahmin , when the GREEN signal has already been given to eat " whatever moves in land , swims across water and flies in air "!! ,
We need to have justifications from her as to why she feels this way !!

Who gave the GREEN signal to eat anything...the moment one does that he is not a brahmin...Brahmin is not just a caste in the society, it is a way of living.. That is the major fact brahmins dont understand.. the word brahman can be split - brahma janate iti brahman which means one who knows the absolute truth....i cant expect present day brahmins to know all this but atleast they should follow some basic principles....just because someone is born a brahmin is superior to everyone inspite of doing all nonsense and commanding respect from other caste.. that is why brahmins are cornered by rest of the tamil population and humiliated everywhere..

Last edited:
what mistakes they done... dont talk like periyar follower . basically we are not doing wong things to any one... we are following our path... same way non-bramins are also. but few of non bramins those who are saying i am follower of periyar are fools and ideots... pls dont talk like this... becase our predecessors are really good and having humanity of others.

Mr Iyengar
You may have to read some recent history...the whole Dravida movement is rooted against brahmins for the atrocity committed by them by misusing their power. Otherwise, why should the whole Dravidian population single handedly suppress the minority brahmin population. what might be the reason ?? they are not doing it to pass time or just for fun. we must try to learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat it.

Dear Sowbhagyavathi vanam9394 Ji,

I entirely agree with you that a whole lot of us, as Brahmins, have abandoned our prescribed Dharma (which includes the way of life) and so others use this against us to gain political advantage.

However, I may disagree a bit with your thesis. Vegetarianism, Madisaram etc., etc., are not truly the reasons we were 'respected'. We were respected because a Brahmin lived for all others' welfare in the society. This meant not competing for paying jobs with others, doing the daily karmas and pujas from very early morning till the evening and then eating the only food that was available freely (either by begging or by getting the vegetables out of the plants growing by the side of the river).

When we as a community decide to go back to this way of life and as some would have it, re-establish the Varna Dharma, when all others agree to this type of living by us and honour it, then and only then the vitriol will stop. In my humble opinion, anything other than fully following our Varna Dharma, will not restore us to our original concept of being called 'Brahmins'. Without this, we are forever cursed and unfortunately have to live amongst others, who will never accept us us one of them. This is the reality.

But in the meanwhile, we need to fight to help the unfortunate in our community, with all we got.

Pranams,
KRS

Vanamji!

Most of the things propagated are to gain political mileage !

As for your statement ..just because someone is born a brahmin is superior to everyone inspite of doing all nonsense and commanding respect from other caste..

what makes a Brahmin think that he is superior ! I never think so !! A Brahmin has his own lifestyle just as anyone practicising some other religion !

So No one is superior or inferior ! All are same in the eyes of GOD !

Pl come out of the wrong notion that you are born as a brahmin in this janma , as a result of a special treatment from GOD ! Definitely not ! I think !

Who is a Brāhmin?

Brahman and Brāhman means "belonging to Brahman"
English word Brāhmin is an anglicised form of Sanskrit word Brāhmana.

People who have knowledge of Brāhman are called Rishis.
Brahmins seek Brāhman.

The six duties of Brahmin are given as per the Sloka
adhyāpanam adhyāyānam
yajanam yajanam tathā
dānam pratigraham caiva
brahmanānāmakalpayāt
Teaching, study (svādhyāya), performing Yajna, make performing Yajna, accept Daana, and give Daana are the six duties of a Brahmin.

The daily routine includes performingThere are very very few people who fit in the above description. They are all in Ashrams seeking Brāhman.

I entirely agree with you that a whole lot of us, as Brahmins, have abandoned our prescribed Dharma (which includes the way of life) and so others use this against us to gain political advantage.

However, I may disagree a bit with your thesis. Vegetarianism, Madisaram etc., etc., are not truly the reasons we were 'respected'. We were respected because a Brahmin lived for all others' welfare in the society. This meant not competing for paying jobs with others, doing the daily karmas and pujas from very early morning till the evening and then eating the only food that was available freely (either by begging or by getting the vegetables out of the plants growing by the side of the river).

When we as a community decide to go back to this way of life and as some would have it, re-establish the Varna Dharma, when all others agree to this type of living by us and honour it, then and only then the vitriol will stop. In my humble opinion, anything other than fully following our Varna Dharma, will not restore us to our original concept of being called 'Brahmins'. Without this, we are forever cursed and unfortunately have to live amongst others, who will never accept us us one of them. This is the reality.

But in the meanwhile, we need to fight to help the unfortunate in our community, with all we got.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear KRS
Thank you for your comment. I am happy that i could get my point across one genuine member. As a senior member you have a better insight into these issues. I totally agree with you. Unless brahmins restore to their original Varna darma, they will never gain the respect of others.

Last edited:
Vanamji!

Most of the things propagated are to gain political mileage !

As for your statement ..just because someone is born a brahmin is superior to everyone inspite of doing all nonsense and commanding respect from other caste..

what makes a Brahmin think that he is superior ! I never think so !! A Brahmin has his own lifestyle just as anyone practicising some other religion !

So No one is superior or inferior ! All are same in the eyes of GOD !

Pl come out of the wrong notion that you are born as a brahmin in this janma , as a result of a special treatment from GOD ! Definitely not ! I think !

Sir
I dont think brahmins are great but most brahmins do..atleast they did in the past and got into a whirl wind.

Brahman and Brāhman means "belonging to Brahman"
English word Brāhmin is an anglicised form of Sanskrit word Brāhmana.

People who have knowledge of Brāhman are called Rishis.
Brahmins seek Brāhman.

The six duties of Brahmin are given as per the Sloka
adhyāpanam adhyāyānam​
yajanam yajanam tathā​
dānam pratigraham caiva​
brahmanānāmakalpayāt​
Teaching, study (svādhyāya), performing Yajna, make performing Yajna, accept Daana, and give Daana are the six duties of a Brahmin.

The daily routine includes performing
There are very very few people who fit in the above description. They are all in Ashrams seeking Brāhman.

Thank you Nacchinarkiniyan for giving this information.

Dear Vijisesh
Kindly take a look at this.

Last edited:
Maa vanam9394, I can understand how you feel persecuted. We have all gone through that phase. I had my entire education outside Tamil Nadu. I have worked only for 4 years in Tamil Nadu. Please believe me when I tell you that you face a lot of hostility, ridicule, and what not ouside.

If this is the position in India you can very well imagine the position in the Middle east or U.S. You are treated like an Alien in U.S. At least in India all Indians have something in common. But in U.S we feel at first that we have nothing in common.

Ikkaraikku Akkarai Pachai.

We have all survived, learnt how to cope with the problems and now settled down happily in places outside Tamil Nadu.

This homily won't help you. Take heart and do not lose Courage.

God Bless You.

Maa vanam9394, I can understand how you feel persecuted. We have all gone through that phase. I had my entire education outside Tamil Nadu. I have worked only for 4 years in Tamil Nadu. Please believe me when I tell you that you face a lot of hostility, ridicule, and what not ouside.

If this is the position in India you can very well imagine the position in the Middle east or U.S. You are treated like an Alien in U.S. At least in India all Indians have something in common. But in U.S we feel at first that we have nothing in common.

Ikkaraikku Akkarai Pachai.

We have all survived, learnt how to cope with the problems and now settled down happily in places outside Tamil Nadu.

This homily won't help you. Take heart and do not lose Courage.

God Bless You.

Thank you for your message

is it possible

Dear KRS
Thank you for your comment. I am happy that i could get my point across one genuine member. As a senior member you have a better insight into these issues. I totally agree with you. Unless brahmins restore to their original Varna darma, they will never gain the respect of others.

Vanam9394..

i have one question if we restore our original varna darma... is other non bramins will do the same... If it happned we will do that... so i totally dis agree your statement... One thing i tell u... we are not hunting others life style or their jobs... but non-bramins especially bc,mbc are the people trying to do wrong on FC especially Bramins... In tamil nadu that is more... I am sure that god will provide one solution and implement in india especially in tamil nadu.

Brahmeeeeeeeeeeeen

Thank you Nacchinarkiniyan for giving this information.

Dear Vijisesh
Kindly take a look at this.

Yakkao vaanam9394 ( sorry i can't say Maa vanam !),

Firstly, I never proclaimed myself as the Ideal Brahmin , as of now !
( I may be called a swamiji , tomorrow!)
We are in the process of " Knowing what Veda and other religious books really taught ",
" Learning from elders ( senior members !) and from other weight ulla mandai's,the contents of hinduism and Brahminism !

And for that matter I feel being a responsible human is more important ! than being called a Brahmin !
GOD is more important than religion!
GOD is one , the channels to reach him are many !( check dishtv for frequencies)
Service to humanity is service to GOD (I shall send u my bank a/c no waiting for your service !)
and mostly commonly used dialogue in the movies - Blood of a human is red and the same for all humans ( don't talk about the Rh factor , now)
whether he is a brahman or anyone else !

Brahmin endru piranthathal rendu kombu mulaithirukka enna??

I do not believe that GOD is someone who reserves a seat in heaven for those who pray more , rather he may do so for those who believe that Work is worship ! , those who are happy and those who make others happy ( asathapovathu yaaru !) .

By doing prayers , u get yourself under control , u believe in yourself and your capabilities , but i don't think that u can ever mascapolish ( butter) GOD to achieve your needs!

Abhivadhaye sollittu Namaskaram seiyyum ,

Ungal Nanban!

Last edited:
but i don't think that u can ever mascapolish ( butter) GOD to achieve your needs!
God is the Universal Mother (our belief). The same way that you butter up your real mother you can butter up the Universal Mother. We call her Sdhuthi Priyayai and Stotra Priyayai.

But like your mother will refuse to buy you things which will harm you, MAA will not give you anything which will harm you.

Nallathu, Theeyathu, namariyom Annai. Nallathu Nattuga! Theemayai Ottuga!!

Saranagadha Deenartha Parithrana Parayane,
Sarvasyarthikare Devi Narayani Namosthudhe.

Thank you for your compliment. My 'seniority' comes from having posted numerous items here!

While I said that as a community we will not regain our 'status' unless we go back to the Varna system, we need to think whether that is even possible. Unless all the four Varnas agree that this system should come back, we can not go back.

And what is the possibility that a group will willingly allow to be called a 'Shudra' class, with all the attributes that such a labeling will bring? Will the Kshatrias become exclusively the fighters and so the country's defence forces will only exclusively recruit them? Within the context of the modern world and industry, how do we partition off the work according to the four Varna dharmas?

These issues seem to me are so large as to prevent us going back to re implementing the Varna system for the society, let alone getting untangled first from the present ugliness of the Jathi divisions.

But while I am saying this, we need to make sure that we respect the wishes and the lifestyles of folks who wish to live anywhere in the continuum of the Varna scale. We are all products of our upbringing and the changes demanded by the modern living, while sure to come, will come at different paces for different beings.

This is why we need to concentrate on focusing on how to improve the condition of our community with concrete actions and move forward. I am happy that we have a Forum like this that allows us to speak and discuss and unite on certain concrete actions.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear KRS

God is the Universal Mother (our belief). The same way that you butter up your real mother you can butter up the Universal Mother. We call her Sdhuthi Priyayai and Stotra Priyayai.

Mr.Nacchi,

If that be the case , the gurukkal is the person who is the nearest to GOD and offers prayers , the maximum number of times, the sastrigal is also in the top list who repeatedly performs poojas, homams umpteen number of times in their lifes . But I do not see any special privilege given by GOD to them !.
Why isn't GOD impressed ??

Actually the concept of archanai itself is intriguing ! It is like " informing GOD to mark attendance " ,
Doesn't GOD know by his creation who you are? Why do you have the sastrigal to inform GOD loudly your name , nakshtra gothra during archanas ??
What's behind this ?

Last edited:
The Sasthirigal and the Archaka perform Yagnas and Archanai only on behalf of the Yajamana. The Vedic Yagnas were also performed mostly for Yajamanas. If you see my earlier posting it was one of the duties of the Brahmins "make performing Yajna". They get Dakshina for that. That is all. But if there is any lapse in the performance the consequences will be on the Sasthirigal.

There are many Archakas especially in the rural areas and in the unfrequented temples who keep the lamps burning and offer Neivedhyam from their own resources. They are in most cases poor, but their devotion is fantastic. Who says they are not rewarded. They are. They are the ones who will get Mukthi.

There are many Brahmins who do not ask the Sasthirigal to perform the Homams, but do it themselves. Not many among Tamil Brahmins. But it is more common among the Nambuthiris of Kerala.

We do not. We conduct all our homams and Yagnas. But it requires special Diksha (What we call Adhikara) and training. "performing Yajna"
This is not for the faint hearted.

Again we do not perform Archana in temples. The only exception is in those temples where there is hardly any visitors and the Archaka needs the Dakshina and we feel honored by giving Dakshina.

Some months back during my last visit to Kapaleeswarar temple, I was standing near the sannidhi and reciting some mantras. The archaka said "Ellorum intha mathiri panninal engalodu Pizhappu ennavakirathu". I do not blame him.

The name, gotra etc is a sankalpa. The archaka does the sankapa for you because Archana is a puja. Pujas need sankalpas.In regular pujas we do the Sankalpa ourselves.

As your progress you give up the sankalpha. It is nisssankalpa where you do not ask for anything. But not all sampradhayas believe in this. Most of them insist on a sankalpha before Puja.

But strictly according to sasthras these archanas followed by Karpura Arthi is wrong. Temples have trikala Puja during which the deity is offered Shodaupachara Puja. Karpura Nrajana should follow dhupa, deepa, Naivedya and other Upacharams. Doing only Karpura Nirajanam is wrong. But traditionally it is done in Tamil Nadu. In some of the non HR&CE temples you will find a board saying "no Archans will be done."

You got me going. So do not blame me.

Yakkao vaanam9394 ( sorry i can't say Maa vanam !),

Firstly, I never proclaimed myself as the Ideal Brahmin , as of now !
( I may be called a swamiji , tomorrow!)
We are in the process of " Knowing what Veda and other religious books really taught ",
" Learning from elders ( senior members !) and from other weight ulla mandai's,the contents of hinduism and Brahminism !

And for that matter I feel being a responsible human is more important ! than being called a Brahmin !
GOD is more important than religion!
GOD is one , the channels to reach him are many !( check dishtv for frequencies)
Service to humanity is service to GOD (I shall send u my bank a/c no waiting for your service !)
and mostly commonly used dialogue in the movies - Blood of a human is red and the same for all humans ( don't talk about the Rh factor , now)
whether he is a brahman or anyone else !

Brahmin endru piranthathal rendu kombu mulaithirukka enna??

I do not believe that GOD is someone who reserves a seat in heaven for those who pray more , rather he may do so for those who believe that Work is worship ! , those who are happy and those who make others happy ( asathapovathu yaaru !) .

By doing prayers , u get yourself under control , u believe in yourself and your capabilities , but i don't think that u can ever mascapolish ( butter) GOD to achieve your needs!

Abhivadhaye sollittu Namaskaram seiyyum ,

Ungal Nanban!

All you wrote is your opinion ..but they are not true. It is clearly stated in Bhagavad Gita that one who thinks about God and worships Him and offers prayers to Him attain Him after death. So GOD does reserve a special seat for him. It is similar to a friend reserving a seat for you in a concert. Your friend does not reserve seat for anyone else except you because you are his friend. Doesnt mean GOD is partial. He reciprocates to His devotees.
If work is worship, what you got to say about a thief or Gunda !!! You are talking like total communist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back