• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lullabies - Looking for Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itsmesiva

Hello Everyone

We have a new born and am looking for lullaby ideas (preferably mp3 links). Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindhi - anything musical and soothing for the ears. Below is what I have so far:

1. Harivarasanam - even Ayyappan sleeps hearing this
2. Mannupugazh Kausalai than
3. Nadha Vindhu Kaladhi Namo Nama
4. Ethirugananu
5. Paluke Bangara Mayana
6. Omana Thinkal Kidavo - Swathi Thirunal (actually his uncle)
7. Chaliye Kunjan - Swathi Thirunal
8. Chinnanchiru Kiliye
9. KannO Kamala Poo
10. Maanasa Sancharare
11. Endaro Mahanubavulu - no accompaniments, just vocal
12. Anbendra Mazhayile (movie song)

Suggestions are welcome and the help is greatly appreciated.

Anbudan,

Siva

if i may borrow from p.g.wodehouse, my own voice, would resemble more closely, the 'mating call of a bullfrog with laryngitis'.

however, i remember in my early fatherhood days, many a night, with the newborns, i used to rock them to sleep or comfort, with whatever came to my mind, and putting an arcane tune to it.

one night, it was 'gajananam bhootha ganaathi', hummed and sung to the hit tune of the day. or repeated gajaananams or any such thing. the little ones, care more for the cuddle, affection, tenderness, and the seemingly apparently 'soothing' voice of the parent.

the content really does not matter at the early age when lullabies are a delight, as much for the parent as for the little one.

congrats and enjoy God's greatest gift to humans - a baby. God Bless.

if i may borrow from p.g.wodehouse, my own voice, would resemble more closely, the 'mating call of a bullfrog with laryngitis'.

however, i remember in my early fatherhood days, many a night, with the newborns, i used to rock them to sleep or comfort, with whatever came to my mind, and putting an arcane tune to it.

one night, it was 'gajananam bhootha ganaathi', hummed and sung to the hit tune of the day. or repeated gajaananams or any such thing. the little ones, care more for the cuddle, affection, tenderness, and the seemingly apparently 'soothing' voice of the parent.

the content really does not matter at the early age when lullabies are a delight, as much for the parent as for the little one.

congrats and enjoy God's greatest gift to humans - a baby. God Bless.

The highlighted portion is the truth. If you have seen the highway labourers, those who do the road laying work, they tie a sari as the cradle, place the baby in it and just go on making the sound "vaavoe" with their own personal modulations and all that.

Many mothers in better-placed homes also do the same and the baby sleeps. The baby will recognise the voice which hugs it, feeds it and constantly is close to it, whether it is father or mother or even sister or brother.

BTW, you have not told who is this new arrival - grandchild?

Dear Shri Siva

How about

1. Aayarpaadi maligaiyil thaai madiyil and
2. Laali Laali varam thantha saamikku from 'Chippikkil muththu'

Kind regards

Kunjuppu: Thank you Sir for the nice suggestions. Like any parent, I random compose stuff, set tunes to slokhas etc... just wanted to see if there was something else out there that I have missed.

Sangom: our DAUGHTER Athmika will sleep only on her mom's lap or dad's shoulders. We've been doing most of what you've said. Thanks for the suggestions.

MSKMoorthy: thanks will look for it. Vatsalyam is by Sudha Ragunathan I believe.

Valli: nice suggestions. Ayar padi maligayil kettu naaney thoongi iruken... that was 3 decades ago... LOL

Anbudan,

Siva

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai all

I think in same vatsalyam itself, a famous malayalam song "Omana thingal kidavao" is a superb lullaby. I always sing that and make my brother's child to sleep. It was written by Iraimaan thambi, the court poet of swathi thirunaal and this whole set of song was written by him in praise of the birth of swathi thirunal. Very nice lyrics and very nice lullaby. Sometimes I also slept with the child while singing itself.

Pranams

durgadasan,

welcome back dear friend. haven't seen you for a long time. hope all is well :)

what has been happening in your life since your last visists to us. i think you have been gone for a couple of years. no?

Dear Sri. Siva, Greetings.

While in mother's womb, the embryo gets exposed multivarious noises, amplified through the fluid around it; noises caused in mother's body. The baby possibly finds the world way too quiet for it's comfort. While I was looking after my newborn daughter, I used to place the radio close to her crib, playing local FM B105 station, non-stop music along with commercials. She would cry only when she was hungry or only when she had gas trapped in her tummy. So, any song in any language can be a lalluby for the baby. Anyway, when I thought of a lalluby, I thought of this music.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back