• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Looking for Tamil Brahmin Localities in Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a closed thread on this topic that's about 2 years old. However, I would like to know about the current trends as our family will be shifting to Bengaluru in a few months. Any suggestions for a residential locality near Hebbal (or as close to it as possible) with access to local temples, satsangs, sabhas and the like? Any help & guidance from veteran bangalorians or others is very much appreciated!

sarakaranagara is one place near canara bank colony where they have a ganesha temple where women meet every evening to recite all sahasranamams through the week dont know whether they still do that...sunkan

Martha Halli., HSR Layout,white field ,K.R.Puram are some places in Bangalore and near to Hebbal,where considerable amount of Tamil Brahmins are living.

Temples also close to those places as desired by you..

If you want any more assistance please get back to me in my mob: 98421-11592. I can assist and guide you.

Thank you very much for the response! Glad to note there are a good number of options. I shall start exploring the areas that you've all mentioned and see what works out best for us. We're also looking to start school for our 3 yr old daughter. So any suggestions based on the Hindu schools that the Tamil/ other brahmins of the areas usually prefer will also be useful..

Thanks again T.S. Sankaranarayanan sir and Sunkan ji!

Hello,
Can anyone throw some light about the Malleshwaram area? It seems to be the oldest Tamil brahmin area in Bangalore, typically what we're looking for. How are the schools, facilities and more importantly, opportunities for spiritual activities?

Hello,
Can anyone throw some light about the Malleshwaram area? It seems to be the oldest Tamil brahmin area in Bangalore, typically what we're looking for. How are the schools, facilities and more importantly, opportunities for spiritual activities?

Malleswaram is not exclusive TamilBrahmin locality, it is populated by middle class and upper middle class people of all denominations. There is a branch of Kanchi Shankara Mutt in this area, as also branches of Chitrapur (Gowd Saraswath) Mutt, Palimar Mutt here. There are a number of Temples including the famous Kadu Malleswarswami Temple, Venugopalaswami, Ganapathi Temple are located here. It has good shops and vegetable markets.Also a number of popular eateries are situated in Malleswaram.
If you could get suitable accommodation there it is a comfortable locality to live.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thank you very much for the clear response Sir. I understand that this locality may not be an exclusive locality for TamBrahms. I would like to know if there's a higher chance of finding them or otherwise more traditionally oriented people here than in the newer areas up north like R T Nagar, Hebbal or Yelahanka? It is the number of mutts & temples in this area that gave me an impression this could be a good place for cultural and traditional exposure.

Bangalore is a cosmopolitan City with mixed population spread over the metropolis. The exclusiveness of community wise living has dissolved fully due to the influx of people from all states of India after the City has become a silicon center. However now there are groups of like minded people who have organised themselves religious groups, music sabhas etc in each locality. Chamrajpet where the main Sringeri Shankar Mutt and Sri Ramakrishna Mutt are located is one of the best localities for religious activities ( but mostly Kannada based), so also Fort, V V Puram and Basavangudi are famous for cultural activities. The old Tamil area , the Bangalore Cantonment has a Tamil Sangam, Odukathur Mutt, Ramakrishna Mutt and many Temples including the famous Someswara temple at Ulsoor.
I have been living in Bangalore for 46 years and I can assure you this is a wonderful place to live, the local population, particularly of Kannadigas and Telugu people are exceptionally friendly lot. Ofcourse it also depends on our interaction with others.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thanks again Sir for the detailed reply. Glad to receive a positive response about Bangalore. We will look into the areas you have mentioned and see what works out best for us. Malleshwaram seems to be the nearest temple hub from my husband's workplace. That is why I wanted reviews about that place.

Hi,

Cansomebody guide me about the bhajanmandali's or sathsangam in and around BTM Layout,bommanhalli.

Thanks in advance.

Sudharsan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back