• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Looking for Tamil Brahmin Localities in Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were plenty of Tamil Brahmins in Marthahalli and White Field area in Bangalore.If you are looking for any rental houses or houses for outright purchase please call me in my mobile 099521-63523.

I have lot of TB's there and also I have VVIP Friends there to assist all your expectations.

Ulsoor is predominantly Tamil Locality where Brahmins along with other Tamil Population live in Bangalore. The one and only Brahmana Samooham is located there. Also the famous Someswara Temple is located there. Odukathoor Swamy Mutt premises opposite the lake host cultural and religious programs mostly in Tamil. Bangalore Tamil Sangam is also located near the Ulsoor Lake.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

Last edited:
One of the oldest place of Tamil brahmins is Malleswaram which abounds in temples of every god and goddess. The real estate price there is quite expensive there. If you can afford please go there. You can listen to wonderful Ramnavami concerts there.

So is NR Colony/Basavangudi area though they are Brahmin dominated, they are not tamils.

Banngalore is a cosmopolitan city and it is better to mingle with locals.

Yes. Bangalore is friendly place, I am living here for the past 45 years have become a permanent resident. Malleswaram , Basavangudi, Chamarajpet are old middle class locality. Very lively places to live. Now these areas as well as Cantonment have become too crowded and expensive.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Hello
Tamil brahmins are in Malleshwaram, Jayanagar IV block and in different pockets of Apartments all over !!

Bangalore is not the same as you imagine. I am here since 1989 and the topology, culture and food habits are quite changed.

If you find brahmins living around as brahmins here - whether they are smarthas or Iyengars or as tamil iyers, you should be happy !! ?

The reversal of faiths and lifestyle is deteriorating the brahmin groups all over the south. We have (IT)ers than Iyers around due to software professionals.
Ganesan

Ganesan

hi
generally ulsoor/indira nagar predomindally tamil based population...very nice temples including murugan temple there....even though

sedhadripuram/malleswaram mainly tamil brahmins....including kanchi sankara mutt is there...but middle class tamil brahmins prefer

indira nagar/ ulsoor area....very nice chinmaya hospital with chinmaya temple is there.......try old madras road area too....

regards
tbs

Thanks for all of ur responses.... As we do have a lot of festivals round the year like navarathri, karthikai, diwali etc, it would be helpful for my Mom to feel comfortable if we have tamil brahmins living around. That is the only reason I want to shift to a brahmin locality and nothing else. I stay alone now in Ramamurthy Nagar and I am planning to bring my mom in next 4 months.... I am open to more suggestions and advices... Other than Brahmin locality my order of preferences is like this - Water facilities, Cost/Rent, How far it is from the main city.. etc

Thanks for all of ur responses.... As we do have a lot of festivals round the year like navarathri, karthikai, diwali etc, it would be helpful for my Mom to feel comfortable if we have tamil brahmins living around. That is the only reason I want to shift to a brahmin locality and nothing else. I stay alone now in Ramamurthy Nagar and I am planning to bring my mom in next 4 months.... I am open to more suggestions and advices... Other than Brahmin locality my order of preferences is like this - Water facilities, Cost/Rent, How far it is from the main city.. etc

Dear Sri Vinpremkr,

I am extremely pleased to see your concern shown by you for the comfortable stay of your parents, when they come over to stay with you in Bangalore. Location is very important for happy living. I hope you will get comfortable accommodation for your parents soon.

Best Wishes,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back