• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Living in high rise in bangalore

I happen to live in a high rise apartment in bangalore near my chidren .In terms of proximity it is excellent . But power situation in bangalore being what it is there are temporary failures of a few minutes . One can get stuck in apartment lift even with back up during switch over.If it happens late evening God help you.It is not possible to call anyone as alarm does not work. Mobiles do not work inside lift.
House helps are expensive and cooks rake in 6 to 8k per flat . My cook works 6 houses and makes 50k a month
Getting out of apartrment complesx is a hastle
If one has a car with driver ok otherwise it is not
easy.
It is not easy to get call taxis during covid timed

I happen to live in a high rise apartment in bangalore near my chidren .In terms of proximity it is excellent . But power situation in bangalore being what it is there are temporary failures of a few minutes . One can get stuck in apartment lift even with back up during switch over.If it happens late evening God help you.It is not possible to call anyone as alarm does not work. Mobiles do not work inside lift.
House helps are expensive and cooks rake in 6 to 8k per flat . My cook works 6 houses and makes 50k a month
Getting out of apartrment complesx is a hastle
If one has a car with driver ok otherwise it is not
easy.
It is not easy to get call taxis during covid timed
Except in Mumbai, living in high rise apartment blocks in any other city in India is a hassle. We lived in Mumbai in a high rise apartment for 20 years with absolutely no problem. No issue of power cuts or water problem or even domestic help at reasonable price. In most cities , power cuts and people stuck inside lifts seem to be a major issue. Now a days , most lifts are equipped with batteries that take you to the next floor and open up. So, risk of getting caught inside the lift during power cut is minimized. In Mumbai local yellow cabs are available in plenty and so there is no problem of transport at any time of the day or night. Bangalore infrastructure is bad and has not kept pace with the population growth.

Latest ads

Back