• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Living thru Trauma...what is the purpose?

hi sir

vanakkam....this kind of similar situation .....im also in the same boat.......i heard in some cases.....

ppl go through suicidal situations.....but life is changing....think in my life personally.......we are still blessed

with god's grace.....karma and time takes everything.....i believe in karma theory.....just example....we are

still okay.....many millions died in CORONA time....but still we are living....thanks to GOD ALWAYS....

BE POSITIVE....BUT ITS HARD TO FOLLOW REALITY.....im now passing through 7 and half year sani

time.....i know ...i have to wait for 2 more years to pass this phase of life.....HOPE ONLY WORD...
Namaskaram. Very sorry to hear that you are also going through bad times. I pray for your coming out... and into good times this new year. Thank you for your wishes.

You hold multiple high academic qualifications. You can try writing blogs on familiar topics, particularly for foreign web sites. From what I read, getting $15-20 per article may not be too difficult. Even if you initially manage $200 per month that would be Rs 16000. In your present financial position (as you have described), that could be useful money. With experience this income can increase. You can search in google for sites that pay bloggers.
My best wishes!!!

As I write this I am aware that I am sharing something which is a real life happening and it is personal. I hope readers will respect the confidence I place in them.
My intention is to ask if anyone else has been through this trauma and suffering or knows such a real life story and what was the final salvation.
I am in my mid 50s. Till year 2016 I had a life that was blessed in every way. Nothing was missing in life, my connect to God was the strongest. My family and I were having the best years. I hold multiple high academic qualifications and was respected immensely by people around me many of whom till today say that they owe their career growth and prosperity to my guidance.
I don't feel that I did something special at the same time I did go beyond my limits to support and promote them but I have no claim or pride that I did this, rather it was God who enabled me to help them. I was just God's instrument.
In Q3 2016 everything changed. Lost my job of decades, lost my health, family members health also affected. In the last 7 years (84 months) since the bad times began, I have had income from temporary assignments and such for about 30 months (small periods of work and larger periods of no work). I have offered to work for free in my field to keep my mind active and learning....but still not got work. The problem is not the material aspects (by Gods grace we are managing on a very simple and frugal life).
What is more traumatizing is the reality of having no work (I used to voluntarily work at least 10-14 hours each day and took only one day off in a 5 day week). I was a workaholic from day one that I joined my first job about 30 years ago.
I have done just about everything that Astrologers and elders could recommend - visiting powerful temples to change destiny such as Brahmapureeswarar and Sri Vanchiyam, offering prayers for Sani mahadasa (currently running and at the mid way of 19 years duration), performing Tila-Homam at Tirupullani, Sudarsana Homam at Kumbakonam, and so many other Homams and prayers.
On several days I feel I have lost the meaning and purpose of life and the will to continue.
Sometimes when we face a problem much larger than we alone can tackle, we look for some divine intervention and guidance from elders and Gurus.
Is there anyone in this spiritual group who can relate to this and show a direction as to what I need to do as a prayer or offering or penance to overcome the trauma that continues. Thank you.
What is said may not be satisfying to you.
Physical suffering when that happens has to be dealt with by seeking right help such as seeing a qualified physician. Sometimes there may be no simple cure except means to deal with pain management

But mental suffering is entirely optional. If it is extreme then seeking professional help can help. But for most issues of life mental suffering has to do with expectations of how life ought to unfold. By being identified with body and mind the issues of mind gets worse

No god can fix the pain. There are no fixes possible for the sufferings arise by wrong understanding of life. If you want to bring God into the equation then realize that God is described as Karma Phala Data meaning giver of fruits. This does not mean a God is punishing you for your past actions. It only means that the context for suffering gets created in nature. But to suffer your wrong ideas of life has to contribute.

Let us say you change your attitude towards pain pleasure. Suppose you stop seeking pleasure and stop avoiding pain. You will not know what is pleasure or pain and will be at joy regardless of the situation

Most people out of wanting to help share their well meaning ignorance to escape the issues. Astrology , visiting temples , chanting etc are means for escape. You might get a welcome relief momentarily but very soon the issue of mental suffering will return with even more force.

Please realize pain and pleasure do not last long. But your attitude towards them can help you to be immune to them and help you see your true nature of joy itself. This is not conceptual. Sharing this from direct experience.

Most here cannot accept such a response. But there are no other lasting approach.

Please pray to Gods of your choice but do so without asking Gods for anything. If that is not possible the activity is futile.

Please go and help others. You will see you are actually in far more better situation

Anyway all the best to you

IDHUVUM KSADANTHU POGUM....
இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்
Dear tbs sir..

You have said you have done 4 Masters and PhD in sanskrit.. then you must have completed atleast nyaya and vyakarana.. And if you have read these with patience you would have gained clarity why puranas are supposedly called pura-api-navas. With such knowledge and background, it is saddening to me that you are using crass and pithy dravidian sayings like idhuvum kadandhu pogum..

Can I know what are the four masters degrees you pursued and what did you do research on in your phd sanskrit. I am asking because I am starting to learn sanskrit .

I realise fully that you are not on top of the hill right now. But talking helps..

Dear tbs sir..

You have said you have done 4 Masters and PhD in sanskrit.. then you must have completed atleast nyaya and vyakarana.. And if you have read these with patience you would have gained clarity why puranas are supposedly called pura-api-navas. With such knowledge and background, it is saddening to me that you are using crass and pithy dravidian sayings like idhuvum kadandhu pogum..

Can I know what are the four masters degrees you pursued and what did you do research on in your phd sanskrit. I am asking because I am starting to learn sanskrit .

I realise fully that you are not on top of the hill right now. But talking helps..
hi sir

1 MASTER IN SANSKRIT
2 MASTER IN EDUCATION
3 MASTER IN PHILOSOPHY
4 MASTER IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE

PH.D IN ADVAITA VEDANTA.....

Latest ads

Back