• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Life with Covid 19

We are a nation of hoarders
Our women are always prepared for supply shortages .
I suppose not many would feel the shortage of supplies .Most would have stocks or a Plan B in place.for any emergencies.
Our women are our biggest assets
How men would cope without them.
Most women run their homes mostly assuming that their men are dumb .
Many also advise their husbands how to tackle issues in office .

I love to wear Madisar I have about 6 ( 9yds sarees) The Green with red boarder is the prettiest - It was my Koorai saree given by my in laws for my wedding in 1969 I have been wearing - minnum twice in a year - பரணி தீபம் , வரலக்ஷ்ம் விரதம் - all these years - then cost of this saree with blouse was ₹500.!

Our women are our biggest assets
How men would cope without them.
Most women run their homes mostly assuming that their men are dumb .
Many also advise their husbands how to tackle issues in office .(#26)

As usual in our Ramada meet when asked to share our joys and sorrows since our last meet at Pragiti Hyderabad - he declared we ( J and JJ) are like Vijaykanth and Premalath and handed over the mike to me! He is not dumb - cleverly dumps his responsibility on me!

Last edited:
My Aqua guard needs emergency care Water continually dripping from the bottom of the unit even while the unit is switched off. Called the service they said to send service man on Monday tomorrow ruled out total lock out on Sunday ! I know I should close the valve on supply line till Monday - but I don't see any wall provided in the supply line Raman Sastry will be on line by 10 .30 AM I called DLF service the plumber came and after 15minutes struggle closed feeder line !

Aqua guard service man came suddenly as the bolt from the blues - did the job in half an hour In spite of corona lock out. He was welcomed - " ஜலலக்ஷ்மி ராவே மா இண்டிகி"!

Over dose of festival & festivities effect from 31 Aug - VV , Punarpooja, பதினெட்டாம் பெறுக்கு & ஆவணி அவிட்டம்!

Chance to flaunt in my 4 different 9yds மடிசார்!

But my liver is challenged by all sorts of பிராசாதம் & சாதம் like புளி தேங்காய் தயிர் எலுமிச்சை etc. I hope my bile doesn't turn 'Black Bile' because of my indulgence in all these festivities!

Remedy - லங்கணம் பரம ஒளஷதம்! Hepatolgist may not be available during Covid19 lockouts!

ஆடி menu ! சித்ரான்னம் + Left over Prasadam made for Varalaksmi (வடை) becomes தயிர் வடை No பொறிச்ச அப்ளாம் /வடாம் - சுட்ட அப்ளாம் fine! தொட்டுக்க home made புளி இஞ்சி - கோங்குரா - மாகாணி available!

Great .It looks delicious.
Do you serve it with chilly sauce and flakes

Have a 'deko' at the tacos made at home by my பேத்தி in banglore ! Looks fantastic!

IMG-20200804-WA0064.jpg

[8/4, 18:21] Mallika: We made tacos at home!
[8/4, 18:21] Mallika: Great you have another profession to look forward.
Looks absolutely yummy
You could open the best restaurant in Bangalore 😃😜

Opening of the city removing movement restriction is not making people to freely move.Still fear of covid persists.karnataka CM has tested positive for covid and admitted to Manipal Hospital here.
Temples are open now
Today in Ayodhya there is Bhoomi puja for Ram temple ( to be telecast 11cam) .Might watch on TV

Jj ji
Info for you .yes bank has shot up and hit upper circuit at 12.85.
I suppose the bank is recovering .
I do not know if state bank consortium has any merger plans for the bank

Witnessed Bhoomi puja in Ayodhya on TV.
A historic event our nation waited for 70 years.A solemn event with our PM and others participating in the pooja.

Moody thinks so They have given higher rating after infusion of capital by FPI of yes bank - Modi (Nirmala Seetharaman) at the time when SBI was forced to rescue Yes Bank - categorically said that SBI will not take it over! Also had a dig af UPA in similar earlier occasion when Global Trust was merged with Oriental bank of commerce!

Modi performed a great pooja with conviction with no secular pretence. His dress sense was perfect for the occasion except that his பஞ்சகச்சம் - looks very much like Jambu's on ஆவணிஅவிட்டம் - I felt it was not perfect!

Last edited:
One maid servicing five flats in 4 different blocks of our apartment tested positive.
So the scare is on
A number of flats are to be sealed by BBMP.This is what happens if maid instead of husband washes dishes.Lol.

We in comfort of our flats were very safe from corona.A maid testing positive has spoit our sleep.
When such things happen normally the maid simply vanishes and becomes untraceable.BBMP normally seals their tenemant housing them.
Our countryside is vast.They can simply go there .So many of them have just done that
Perhaps this maid was not enterprising enough
I do not knowvif my maid will report for work and security willlet her in
So some drama expected tomorrow

Apartment complexes need to keep oxygen cylinders for emergency use.
All need testers for oxygeb level pulse rate and
body temp.
Modern gadget tiny size are available for domestic use
I do not know how many households have them.

Delhi govt has implementedhome quaratine with oxygen cylinder in neighbourhood in all colonies. This is considered effective enough .Only criticalcases are shifted to hospital

Latest ads

Back