• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Life of the forthcoming generations in US

cs19844

I am sending this message to all the people because someone in their family is in US and may plan to stay there forever. I thought it is my responsibility to share some of my thoughts by which I mean there could be a possible disaster in life of the forthcoming generations in US.

"I cannot survive in a place where I am not a mainstream in a society. Indians in US can never be mainstream even after 10 generations. After two or three generations they will lead a life of an outcast, who will not have any sense of belonging either in US or in India"

What does this mean? What is mainstream? Mainstream is a people in a society who gets cultural importance among others. American conservatives are mainstream in US. The scenario will not change forever. Indians in US, even though they lead complete american life, cannot be mainstream forever. We will not feel the importance of it as the first generation indians lead an isolated life in US but that will not be the case with the next generation. They will try to mix with american culture as much as possible at the same time they will not be the mainstream and they will face continuous cultural rejections. They will serve the american mainstream all their life and lead a life of a cultural servant. They may become CEO of a company but still not be the mainstream. They will be brought up from childhood as being a non-mainstream and by the time they reach 20 years of age they will develop a slavish mindset who cannot survive in India. In US, there will be someone who leads life with the cultural authority and treat you as a non-mainstream even though you are born and brought up in the same country, you give heart and soul for the same culture and you have nowhere else to go. This is a serious problem and cannot be overlooked. Do you agree the next generation will suffer in US?

Life can be either being a mainstream in a society or being a slave, there is nothing in between. This is especially applicable for people who have decided to spend their entire lifetime in US. I cannot let my child to lead a slavish life who will not have any sense of belonging either in US or in India. 100% of the indians in US are superstars in profession but when it comes to life are total zero. They will not even understand if someone is treating them with contempt or not.

This could be my personal view based on my stay, education, work and travel across the US at the same time understanding their culture and behavior. In a society there cannot be the case where some people are racist and others are not because it becomes a compatibility issue among themselves, so everyone should in the same perspective. You might say some of them might have behavioral problem where others do not, but you should understand behavioral problem is different than the perspective (Perspective means living life on a particular line of thought). I can assuredly say people always treat you with different perspective but indians always take it in the right perspective. In short, there are mainstream people in american society and they will not let others become mainstream forever.

I am sending this message to all the people because someone in their family is in US and may plan to stay there forever. I thought it is my responsibility to share some of my thoughts by which I mean there could be a possible disaster in life of the forthcoming generations in US.

"I cannot survive in a place where I am not a mainstream in a society. Indians in US can never be mainstream even after 10 generations. After two or three generations they will lead a life of an outcast, who will not have any sense of belonging either in US or in India"

Who said you belong to India, or who said you do not belong to India?
Does the Dalit feel that they are mainstream in India (according to them), does a TN TB feel that they are mainstream in TN?

What does this mean? What is mainstream? Mainstream is a people in a society who gets cultural importance among others. American conservatives are mainstream in US. The scenario will not change forever. Indians in US, even though they lead complete american life, cannot be mainstream forever. We will not feel the importance of it as the first generation indians lead an isolated life in US but that will not be the case with the next generation. They will try to mix with american culture as much as possible at the same time they will not be the mainstream and they will face continuous cultural rejections. They will serve the american mainstream all their life and lead a life of a cultural servant. They may become CEO of a company but still not be the mainstream. They will be brought up from childhood as being a non-mainstream and by the time they reach 20 years of age they will develop a slavish mindset who cannot survive in India. In US, there will be someone who leads life with the cultural authority and treat you as a non-mainstream even though you are born and brought up in the same country, you give heart and soul for the same culture and you have nowhere else to go. This is a serious problem and cannot be overlooked. Do you agree the next generation will suffer in US?

You either lived in Indian ghettos in American cities and did not experience the American life, or you wore shades that colored your vision.

Life can be either being a mainstream in a society or being a slave, there is nothing in between. This is especially applicable for people who have decided to spend their entire lifetime in US. I cannot let my child to lead a slavish life who will not have any sense of belonging either in US or in India. 100% of the indians in US are superstars in profession but when it comes to life are total zero. They will not even understand if someone is treating them with contempt or not.

You have a very poor view of your children's capabilities. The children I know excel in their field and are given the opportunities that they could not even dream. They are resourceful and successful in the USA.
Why do you think people line up for the US visa?

This could be my personal view based on my stay, education, work and travel across the US at the same time understanding their culture and behavior. In a society there cannot be the case where some people are racist and others are not because it becomes a compatibility issue among themselves, so everyone should in the same perspective. You might say some of them might have behavioral problem where others do not, but you should understand behavioral problem is different than the perspective (Perspective means living life on a particular line of thought). I can assuredly say people always treat you with different perspective but indians always take it in the right perspective. In short, there are mainstream people in american society and they will not let others become mainstream forever.

I grew up in India before migrating to the USA, people are people everywhere, you get exactly what you sowed nothing more and nothing else. If we sower Pahakay seed you will get Pahakay and not poosnikay.

Just see and observe and accept the change or you will be miserable.

Friend of mine who was in your boat decided to move back to India to "preserve" culture. His daughter is now married to a Kerela Christian and hates her father of robbing her fortune by denying her the US education, and thereby her future. She hates the treatment she got in India as an American.

So count your blessings before you cry.

[/QUOTE

Good luck.

Please understand that there is no uniform mainstream feeling in US like what you see in India.

Assume you enter a restaurant in India and a minority person also enter the same place, immediately you have kind of thoughts like "Why did he come here?", "I don't really like him coming here", "Better not come near me". Although that person may not realize that you will be full of such thoughts, you will live all your life with such thoughts. This is called perspective. Americans always treat indians with that perspective. Although it might look genuine because all the time indians take it in right perspective.
It is never the case like in India where everyone treats everyone else in the right perspective.
Their perspective always shows out, many a times it's very subtle, with some of the times being very blatant. Unfortunately I cannot tolerate even the subtleties and my purpose of life is not survival alone, there are few priorities in my life and I want to live with it. Mainly because I have been brought up that way.

Last edited:
Please understand that there is no uniform mainstream feeling in US like what you see in India.

Are you kidding? What is the mainstream feeling in India?

Assume you enter a restaurant in India and a minority person also enter the same place, immediately you have kind of thoughts like "Why did he come here?", "I don't really like him coming here", "Better not come near me". Although that person may not realize that you will be full of such thoughts, you will live all your life with such thoughts. This is called perspective. Americans always treat indians with that perspective.

You must not have traveled outside of you agraharam in India. I travel extensively throughout India. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari. I can speak 5 languages. You get treated differently everywhere. We have walked into establishments and walked right out because we were not comfortable. We were caught in a MNS rally in Mumbai and felt how unwelcome we were.
Discrimination happens everywhere. You have to understand and accept reality.

Although it might look genuine because all the time indians take it in right perspective.
It is never the case like in India where everyone treats everyone else in the right perspective.
Their perspective always shows out, many a times it's very subtle, with some of the times being very blatant.

Yes, it happens. In India, you clearly can discriminate and openly on the basis of religion, caste, food habits, etc. At least in USA, there is protection against it. Please know your facts. Google it, research it, otherwise, you just show your biases and ignorance.

Unfortunately I cannot tolerate even the subtleties and my purpose of life is not survival alone, there are few priorities in my life and I want to live with it. Mainly because I have been brought up that way.

I do not mean to demean your concern, but they are blown out of proportion.
When a Brahmin boy even after getting 95% marks cannot get admission for Engineering, that is a lot more insulting than not getting into ivy league school.
Most of your wounds are self-inflicted. No one other than you can solve it.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back