• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lesson From Ramayana

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s007bala

आप्रियस्य पथ्यस्य वक्त्र श्रोत च ढुर्लभः |

Apriyasya Pathyasa Vakthra Shrotha Cha Dhurlabahah.

Meaning: It is very difficult to get one who tells or one who listens the bitter truth and digest it.

Ramayana’ s Aranya-Kanda. Maareecha trys his best to avoid Ravana’s plan to abduct Sita.

He also warns the divine mention that his death, in the golden deer is the start of Ravana’s destruction. Maareecha then says the above statement haplessly when Ravana refuses all his advices.

If one have to convey truth or make point clear the sentence must avoid subjectivity.. It sounds offending to the listener. If it is mixed with objectivity.. the listener may realize in future if not immediately.

Avoid words like “I/Me”, “you/he/she/they”. Eg: “I told you not to do so” to “It would have been better if so and so approach was considered?"Or you must take this tablet to these tablets to be taken on so and so time - it makes clear to the patient that doctor is trying to help him get cured. It is like sugar coating a pill (the truth) so that it can be consumable (digestable).
Similarly the recipient must actively listen/understand the message, identify the objectivity of the info and conclude the matter. Thirst for truth with right attitude of mind helps to be more objective.

sb

Can you tell me Sir, Why The Sri vashnavas take a pilgrimage to Ayodhya as some do to Visit Ayyappa.
There are good Number of Vashavas visiting Ayyappa but I see very few or one in thound visiting Ayodhya. Why the Vaishnavas don't take an yatra there???

re

Can you tell me Sir, Why The Sri vashnavas take a pilgrimage to Ayodhya as some do to Visit Ayyappa.
There are good Number of Vashavas visiting Ayyappa but I see very few or one in thound visiting Ayodhya. Why the Vaishnavas don't take an yatra there???

Ramachandran

As far as i know Vaishnavas,sri vaishnavas,gaudiya vaishnavas,smarthas....etc still visit ayodhya for yatram.so,i am clueless to your query.but i will research and get back to you.

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back