• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

History lesson from Javadekar, 'Nehru, Patel, Bose were hanged by Brits'

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

New Delhi: In a major gaffe, Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar said on Monday that Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged by the British.
According to reports, speaking at a Tiranga Yatra rally in Chindwara in Madhya Pradesh, Javadekar said, "The fight for independence that began in 1857 ended 90 years later when we threw the British out. We salute freedom fighters…. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Sardar Patel, Pandit Nehru, Bhagat Singh and Rajguru who were hanged."
However, Javadekar later clarified his remarks, stating that he had used a 'full stop' after mentioning leaders like Gandhi, Nehru and Subhas Chandra Bose, implying that he did not lump them together with those who were hanged by the British."I am amused with the news. I paid my respect to all the freedom fighters since 1857. I mentioned leaders like Gandhi Nehru, Subhash Bose. It was a full stop," Javadekar tweeted."

In the next sentence I recounted those who were hanged, jailed and suffered at the hands of the British. There was no confusion in the minds of those who listened. I hope this removes all confusion," the HRD Minister added.

Javadekar on Monday drove a scooter through the streets of Chindwara, carrying the Indian flag, as part of the BJP’s Tiranga Yatra celebrating 70 years of India’s Independence, said reports.His statement comes days after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley tweeted a tribute to Bose on his supposed death anniversary, leading to a backlash from West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and Netaji's grand-nephew Chandra Bose, who demanded an apology from Jaitley.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...ar-nehru-patel-bose-were-hanged-by-brits.html
FINISH:
[SIZE=+1]T[/SIZE]he sign for "finish"is made by placing both of your open hands in front of you. Each hand should face you, with your fingers pointing upward. Twist both hands quickly a couple times ending with the palms pointing (somewhat) forward. You can also do this sign with just a single twist which makes it seem more "final."

finish.gif

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/f/finish.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back