• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kula deivam

Gayathri9

Hello All,

I came across multiple discussions and thread regarding kula deivam. My ancestors are from Mayavaram. We don't know our kula deivam. On seeing prasannam, they told that kula deivam is angry and they can't see. But mentioned it is a female goddess. We followed up on this and this is the information we could get.

1) Ambal who is Sri raja rajeshwari amsam.
2) From horoscope of my cousin brother some one mentioned, that it is a "old ambal" which is 100 kms within the native and the ambal can't walk. I don't understand what "old ambal" means.

None of my paternal ancestors are alive. We have absolutely no relatives to ask and my father also does not know.

Appreciate help from this forum to find the kula deivam. My grandfather lived in Mayavaram and owned farm land in Umayalpuram.

Thanks,
Gaayathri

kgopalan

I am also in chennai. pammal-near pallavaram. you may come here with your cousin brother to find out kula deivam.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media