• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kanishka report today

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sort of tired of looking at this issue every once in a while in the canadian press.

'the mounties always get their man' is the motto of the royal canadian mounted police, the federal police force that is incharge of investigating this crime.

it has been 25 years & all we get is another boat load of paper, which is unfit even for toilet purposes. the mounties did not get their man. the canadian legal system with loopholes more than a tea sieve in a nair shop, and the general apathy of the white public, all played into the hands of the sikh extremists into derailing any serious investigation and punishment.

well punishment in this country is a jail, which resembles more like a resort, with three full meals, a flush toilet, tv, cigarette breaks and doing nothing. not like our RI. also, even before you are in, you get out on parole.

i am disgusted.

any punishment or verdict delayed is not having justice in it. that is the set up of democratic world . judgement delayed is justice denied .altimately we have to move with wind.

apparently this report was a strong indictment of the canadian government. over the years, i have found, there is more indignation.

this is because of the increased acceptance of the indians within the canadian soceety, i think. also the voting power, especially of the indians in key constituencies.

recently 10,000 sikhs signed a petition, to coincide with the release of this report, which they knew would damn the terrorists. the petition wanted a canadian parliament resolution condemning the 'massacre' post indira gandhi murder.

much as i abhor the killing against the sikhs, i thikn the indian government & the canadian government did not want any condemnation which would give succour to the terrorists.

still, had it been white canadians killed in such large numbers, the government reaction would not have waited for 25 years.

unfortunately, 25 years have passed, the children have grown to adulthood, and without the benefit of one or both parent. single parents have aged, without their children or partner or both. lives lost are lost forever. when i think in those terms, how can we ever measure the loss.

........ and thanks to the foulup, the killers are living loose and comfortably in the canadian society :mad:

Bopal Gas Tragedy and Kanishka explosion are almost erased from the memories of general public except close relatives of the victims families.

I thought only Indian courts are very slow in delivering judgments.

I am really surprised by the delay of Canadian authorities.

Such delays will only encourage criminals to commit more crimes.

The criminal justice system has to be improved throughout the world as the present situation seems to be alarming.

Let us hope for the best atleast in the future.

canada's criminal justice system is one of the mildest in the world. there is no death penalty. many prisons are medium security, meaining they are like hotels. the furnishing are luxury by indian standards, and the prisoners can go home on the weekends (!).

undoubtedly all this was initiated in the 1950s when times were more innocent. there has been now a mandatory life sentence for committing murder. life sentence means 25 years but parole can start as early as 15 years.

the kanishka affair investigation was mired in confusion and finger pointing right from the start. add to it, the people affected were not white canadians. it is only over the years that things have become more organized. but as this report shows, canada has a long way to go to enforce rules and precautions, to prevent another such tragedy.

canada's criminal justice system is one of the mildest in the world. there is no death penalty. many prisons are medium security, meaining they are like hotels. the furnishing are luxury by indian standards, and the prisoners can go home on the weekends (!).

wow kunjuppu ji,hat's off err turban's off to canadians.

undoubtedly all this was initiated in the 1950s when times were more innocent. there has been now a mandatory life sentence for committing murder. life sentence means 25 years but parole can start as early as 15 years.

what a humane society you live,nice.

the kanishka affair investigation was mired in confusion and finger pointing right from the start. add to it, the people affected were not white canadians. it is only over the years that things have become more organized. but as this report shows, canada has a long way to go to enforce rules and precautions, to prevent another such tragedy.

albeit you say,rascism exists in canada.mounty police vaazhgha :eyebrows:

IN UNION CARBIDE CASE,CAN WE EXPECT THIS KIND OF ACTION EVEN THOUGH DELAYED FROM THE INDIAN AND US LEADERSHIPS .

Canadian PM to apologise to Air India Kanishka victims (Lead)

Toronto, June 23
Twenty five years after 329 people, mostly Indo-Canadians, died when Air India flight was blown up in midair near the Irish coast, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will apologize to families of the victims here for the "evil" act "perpetrated by cowards".http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a145720.html

yes ananthu,

the canadian prime minister was very gracious. he took the full blame of the canadian government for many things - the initial goof ups, the delays, the inefficiencies, the general level of 'dont care' attitude of the canadians in general because these victims were indians even though these had canadian passport.... all these and more..

mr. stephen harper gave this public apology before the relatives of the victims. as a result of the government taking the blame, these folks are eligible for financial compensation from the canadian government.

it came late. but it came with a grace and sincerety, proving my faith in the essential goodness and honesty of the ordinary canadian & society, of which the government is only a reflection.

i wish the same for the victims of the bhopal tragedy. it is the duty of the indian government to apologize and take care of the victims, and the indian government alone has the clout to claim compensation from dow chemicals, the current owners of union carbide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back