• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jyotirling Trip

There are many Jyotirlings across the length and breadth of the country but it is considered auspicious to visit the following twelve Jyotirlings.

1. Mahakaleshwar - Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
2. Omkareshwar - Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh
3. Triambakeshwar - near Nasik, Maharashtra
4. Grishneshwar - Aurangabad, Maharashtra
5. Bhimashankar - near Pune, Maharashtra
6. Rameshwaram - Tamil Nadu
[Maharashtra is indeed blessed to have 3 of the 12 Jyotirling temples. Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have two each.

I visited these in 2018 along with numerous other temples, notably Kal Bhairav and Akand Jyoti Hanuman Temple in Ujjain, Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Mandir (Pune) [said to be amongst one of the richest temples in India] and the beautiful Shri Mahalakshmi Temple in Pune.

In September/October 2019, I visited the following Jyotirling temples on a 21 day trip.
1. Mallikarjuna - Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh
2. Nageshwar - Dwarka, Gujarat
3. Somnath - Somnath, Gujarat
4. Kashi Viswanath - Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
5. Badiyanath - Deogarh, Jharkhand

I also visited the Vasukinath Jyotirling temple in Jharkhand though it would not be counted among the 12 Jyotirlings.

Except in Rameshwaram, where one is not permitted to enter the sanctum sanctorum, I was privileged to perform Abhisekham at all the other ten Jyotirling temples.

I covered a number of other temples but the image of Lord Krishna (Dwarkadeesh - meaning King of Dwarka) will always remain fresh in my mind. The idol is indescribably beautiful. I considered myself also fortunate to have visited the Sakthi Mata temple which is not open to the general public.

The last Jyotirling temple I need to visit is in Kedarnath, Uttarakhand. I also intend to cover Bhadrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri during this trip.

I am also interested to go to Vaishnodevi temple in Katra and, of course, the Kailash Mansarovar trip. The Kailash Mansarovar trip, apart from demanding a high level of fitness is also quite expensive since the overall expenses would come to approx. Rs.200,000 per person.

Thank God I speak Hindi like a native, otherwise, it could be quite problematic on a solo trip.

There are many Jyotirlings across the length and breadth of the country but it is considered auspicious to visit the following twelve Jyotirlings.

[Maharashtra is indeed blessed to have 3 of the 12 Jyotirling temples. Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have two each.

I visited these in 2018 along with numerous other temples, notably Kal Bhairav and Akand Jyoti Hanuman Temple in Ujjain, Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Mandir (Pune) [said to be amongst one of the richest temples in India] and the beautiful Shri Mahalakshmi Temple in Pune.

In September/October 2019, I visited the following Jyotirling temples on a 21 day trip.

I also visited the Vasukinath Jyotirling temple in Jharkhand though it would not be counted among the 12 Jyotirlings.

Except in Rameshwaram, where one is not permitted to enter the sanctum sanctorum, I was privileged to perform Abhisekham at all the other ten Jyotirling temples.

I covered a number of other temples but the image of Lord Krishna (Dwarkadeesh - meaning King of Dwarka) will always remain fresh in my mind. The idol is indescribably beautiful. I considered myself also fortunate to have visited the Sakthi Mata temple which is not open to the general public.

The last Jyotirling temple I need to visit is in Kedarnath, Uttarakhand. I also intend to cover Bhadrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri during this trip.

I am also interested to go to Vaishnodevi temple in Katra and, of course, the Kailash Mansarovar trip. The Kailash Mansarovar trip, apart from demanding a high level of fitness is also quite expensive since the overall expenses would come to approx. Rs.200,000 per person.

Thank God I speak Hindi like a native, otherwise, it could be quite problematic on a solo trip.

Dear Sir I m from Malaysia I would like to go to Kedarnath, Bhadrinath, Gangotri and yamunotri, roughly how much would it cost and how many days it takes to complete the pilgrim. Kailash Mansarovar trip I have completed.

Dear Sir I m from Malaysia I would like to go to Kedarnath, Bhadrinath, Gangotri and yamunotri, roughly how much would it cost and how many days it takes to complete the pilgrim. Kailash Mansarovar trip I have completed.
I have been to many places in Uttarakhand including Haridwar and Rishikesh but I have not been to the places you have mentioned i.e. Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri (Chardham). If you have not been to Haridwar and Rishikesh, I suggest that you also cover these enroute. If you are in Uttarakhand, please do not miss the opportunity to travel to Dehradun, Mussoorie, Bhimtal, Chaukori and Binsar. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There are two famous Devi Temples in Haridwar to which you can go by cable car.

It is very difficult to indicate the cost since it would depend on the mode of transport and the hotels you stay in. A single person from New Delhi, on a shoestring budget could probably cover all the four places at less than INR 10,000. But then he would not be in a position to avail the helicopter ride to and fro Kedarnath and would probably stay in Dharmshalas.

I am attaching a link to Chardham Yatra i.e. the four places stated by you. This would probably be fairly expensive but certainly value for money without hassles, particularly if you are not comfortable in the local language.

Latest ads

Back