• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Just bid what you have got and follow suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

A doctor is called out for an emergency from a bridge tournament, With still the last board to play. They ask a kibitzer to take his place, although he knows nothing about the game. They tell him "Just bid what
you’ve got and follow suit". He thereupon starts the following bidding sequence:

South West North East
1C Pass 2H Pass
2S Pass 3C Pass
3H Pass 4NT Pass
7D Dbl All Pass

This is the deal

NORTH
S A9
H AKQ65
D AK
C Q 10 54

WEST EAST
S KQ 10 8 S 76542
H J 10 97 H 8
D Q 10 D J9
C KJ8 C 987632

SOUTH
S J3
H 432
D 8765432
C A

South took the lead of the king of spades with the ace, cashed the ace and king of trumps, came to hand with the ace of clubs and played all his diamonds.
On the last one, West was hopelessly squeezed in hearts and spades, and ultimately discarded a heart, whereupon South made the last four tricks in hearts.

When the opposition saw South's hand, they called the director, who asked for an explanation of the bidding, and got the following reply…
"I was told to bid what I’ve got, and I have one club, two spades, 3 hearts and 7 diamonds!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back