• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I haven't read the objects of this forum and neither this posting should be construed to suggest that the admin or the owner has to agree with me)

One of the objects of the web-forums generally is to let people to voice their concerns and be a mode to the letting out of their grievances. After all forums are not appeal courts or govt. departments weidling political power. They would just be some place where you could come and eat your heart out without anyone knowing who you are or aggrevating your already strained nerves. A Tamil Brahmins would in my opinion choose this forum to voice his concern and grievance or even peeves howsoever petty it could be without being molested or lectured about on being politically correct or that your opinions goes against great national leaders or known Hindu leaders of choice or being sermonized that you deserve all ill treatments because you are a Tamil Brahmin and your ancestors allegedly mistreated someone and so on and so forth. What is the idea of contriving something to justify jumping into argument to advance something that would so much irk a Brahmin or to say you are a fundamentalist and I am a progressive?

I would find such an attempt would be like that of a virus taking over your computer.

Simple Tamil Brahmins who would like to use this forum might be turned off, if this continues unchecked especially the anti-Brahminism that is advocated or questions raised on the very foundation of one's being as a Brahmin by those zealous watchdogs. Sure one can win a battle but would lose the war.

Woud the purpose of Tamil Brahmins be served would be known by the number it reaches out to.

Just a thought!

Dear Sri Desi,

(I haven't read the objects of this forum and neither this posting should be construed to suggest that the admin or the owner has to agree with me)

If you haven't read the objectives of this forum which is available in the mission statement then you should not have posted this.

I want to answer the points you raised but I am closing this thread as the points you have made are so far away from what we want to achieve in this forum.

The rest of my responses are below...

One of the objects of the web-forums generally is to let people to voice their concerns and be a mode to the letting out of their grievances.

That depends on what the fora want to achieve. Not everything is simplistic. There are some serious ones such as ours.

After all forums are not appeal courts or govt. departments weidling political power. They would just be some place where you could come and eat your heart out without anyone knowing who you are or aggrevating your already strained nerves.

Unfortunately behavior in any public place has to be responsible. Otherwise there will be chaos. An electronic forum such as ours is no different.

If there are people who want to just vent their feelings then they should find another place - afterall the Internet is free for all.

Out here, we want to keep a sense of purpose because we would like to know that we are doing something useful for our community - that we are making lives better in some way.

A Tamil Brahmins would in my opinion choose this forum to voice his concern and grievance or even peeves howsoever petty it could be without being molested or lectured about on being politically correct or that your opinions goes against great national leaders or known Hindu leaders of choice or being sermonized that you deserve all ill treatments because you are a Tamil Brahmin and your ancestors allegedly mistreated someone and so on and so forth. What is the idea of contriving something to justify jumping into argument to advance something that would so much irk a Brahmin or to say you are a fundamentalist and I am a progressive?

As I mentioned earlier I am sure there are other places for such activities.

I would find such an attempt would be like that of a virus taking over your computer.

A virus is treated as a virus only because it is in the wrong place.

Simple Tamil Brahmins who would like to use this forum might be turned off, if this continues unchecked especially the anti-Brahminism that is advocated or questions raised on the very foundation of one's being as a Brahmin by those zealous watchdogs. Sure one can win a battle but would lose the war.

Anti-Brahminism? Is that what you call the opinions of others who differ from your own? Please remember that you are addressing Brahmins, i.e., your fellow community members. However different they may be we need to learn how to accept them.

Woud the purpose of Tamil Brahmins be served would be known by the number it reaches out to.

Hopefully our offline activities should be able to address that.

Just a thought!

Hope you got your answers.

Regards,
Chintana

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back