• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

joseph iyengar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good article Kunjuppu sir,

I think Joseph has migrated from dwaitham philosophy practiced by Christians to Vishistadvaitham philosophy of Bagavath Ramanujar.

All the best

Brothers & Sisters,Hopefully Joseph will migrate to Advaitham philosophy of Adi-Shankaracharyar,using Christ Consciousness,as rightly written by RVR.Kunjuppu thank you for the link and thank"The Hindu" for publicly publishing the article for the due kudos,Mr.Joseph deserves.

nachi naga.

Aww bless him, really warms my heart to read about Joseph. Looks like on the ground people like him are being the change that some want to see and breaking the barriers. Hope he becomes even more famous.

Dear all,

Nice to read this article....

Actually Jesus also preached all levels...from Dvaitam,Vishistadvaitam and Advaitam.

He said;

I am the Son of God(Dualism)

The Father and I are One(Vishisthadvaitam)

I am the Way,the Truth and the Life(Advaitam)

Sri.Kunjuppu,

Thanks for the nice article. Sri.Yesudas also broke the religious shackles. Such great persons are like oasis in the desert.

Cheers!

re

Sri.Kunjuppu,

Thanks for the nice article. Sri.Yesudas also broke the religious shackles. Such great persons are like oasis in the desert.

Cheers!

a gifted divine voice,jesudoss.

nachi naga

Sri.Kunjuppu,

Cheers!
may be previous birth.sri yesudas might be brahmin who knows?
a god gifted person....nobody can sing like him about sri guruvayurappan songs without seeing sree guruvayurappan
vigraham...its amazing his devotion...

regards

Casteless Hindus

I wish organisations like Arya Samaj should create a new class of Hindus who are converting from other religions. They may be made into casteless Hindus.

Present Hindus who want to convert into such casteless Hindus may also encouraged to get into the new `casteless Hindu group'

All the best

re

I wish organisations like Arya Samaj should create a new class of Hindus who are converting from other religions. They may be made into casteless Hindus.

Present Hindus who want to convert into such casteless Hindus may also encouraged to get into the new `casteless Hindu group'

All the best

RVR,

I second your opinion.A stroke of a genius idea.

nachi naga.

Dear RVR:
What a brilliant idea! I think your suggestion deserves serious thought and consideration by all Hindus.

All the best

Dear RVR:
What a brilliant idea! I think your suggestion deserves serious thought and consideration by all Hindus.

All the best

it was precisely with that intention that arya samaj was founded by swami dayanand saraswati early 1900s or so.

he was murdered by a muslim, when he tried to re-convert some tribal folks in himachal pradesh or around there. this guy was hung. happened sometime 1920s or so, if i remember right.

on the day of his funeral, entire delhi was green with mourning.

when the swami was cremated, entire delhi was saffron with mourning.

i may be off base here with my facts.

i have attended arya samaj weddings in toronto. they are precisely to the minute, 1h 22m and go through vedic rituals without any dressings.

recently, one of my nephews in the u.s. married a korean girl. the bride's family flew in from korea for the wedding. local arya samaj priest in chennai conducted the wedding. no kudumi. no bare chest. just another ordinary person like you and me. :)

Dear Sri Nachi Naga:
Why do you think Sri Joseph should migrate to Advaitham philosophy?
After all, didn't Sriman Ramanuja come from Advaitha?

Brothers & Sisters,Hopefully Joseph will migrate to Advaitham philosophy of Adi-Shankaracharyar,using Christ Consciousness,as rightly written by RVR.Kunjuppu thank you for the link and thank"The Hindu" for publicly publishing the article for the due kudos,Mr.Joseph deserves.

nachi naga.

re

Dear Sri Nachi Naga:
Why do you think Sri Joseph should migrate to Advaitham philosophy?
After all, didn't Sriman Ramanuja come from Advaitha?

sf,

Vaishnavas are sustainers of creative aspect of the lord and the creative aspect of the lord evolves from the destroyer aspect of the lord to destroy ignorance.all three are interconnected in nature by the lord himself.

sriman ramanuja acharya comes from the lineage of the destroyer of ignorance to sustainer.simply put,he is from lord shivas,lord brahmas blessings,to sustain lord vishnus reality.that was needed during his time,as chaos prevailed.not that chaoticness in unavailable now,but we are tolerant of each other.that is why sriman ramnuja acharya,invited everybody and was preaching one and all,without any distinction.look what his followers are doing,they have become so exclusive,that they will not worship lord shiva or lord brahma.

vaishnavas have their ishta devatha as pradanam,namely lord vishnu.

more often than not,people align as groups,failing to admit,all three are indeed one only.when one realises all three are indeed one,then advaitham shines perenially.

so joseph in my opinion,will ultimately gravitate,to the trinity as one,if he has the grace of the trinity.otherwise he will just stick to va.

nachi naga.

Sri.Nachi Naga,

With due respect to your opinions, I think that 'advaitham' has nothing to do with either brahma, vishnu or Shiva. Advaitham, as i have read was essentially connected to either saguna or nirguna brahman. But I like to understand things in simple terms to suit my limited thinking capacities.

Cheers!

re

raghy,

Sri.Nachi Naga,
With due respect to your opinions, I think that 'advaitham' has nothing to do with either brahma, vishnu or Shiva. Advaitham, as i have read was essentially connected to either saguna or nirguna brahman. But I like to understand things in simple terms to suit my limited thinking capacities.
Cheers!

sagunam brahman is lord shiva lord brahma lord vishnu=trinity of forces with their shakthi, parvathi saraswathi lakshmi to manifest.

nirgunam brahman = advaitham = poornamidam........the sloka is a shanthi mantram as a starter......to reach this stage is Phd...sarva siddhi prapthi rastu...

we can only experiance it as individuals a non-duality existence...but experianced teachers from time of gaudapada and before him have experianced advaitham...

bhagavath pada adi-shankara acharyaal,avataram took place to let vedam/scriptures of sanathana dharma regain its exalted position in the world and propagate advaitham.buddhism,jainism influence waned considerably during his time....

nachi naga.

Dear Sri Nachi Naga
I am not as educated as you are in Vedas and many of the things you say are way over my head. All I know is that I read Bhagavad Gita and it tells me who the real God is. Read Chapter 11.

re

Dear Sri Nachi Naga
I am not as educated as you are in Vedas and many of the things you say are way over my head. All I know is that I read Bhagavad Gita and it tells me who the real God is. Read Chapter 11.

sf,

oh no.Education has nothing to do with what we write.I am not a gurukula product,as you know most of us are here are english educated macaulay products.

If Bhagavath Gita is ishta upanishad,that indeed is wonderful sir for you.After all,Mahabharatham,is the actual hero,for bhagavath gita,with lord incarnating as Krishna.

hare rama krishna,is the mahamantram for kaliyugam.

thanks,i will certainly read chapter 11,which incidently i think is called,bankruptcy chapter,in usa laws of business schools.how appropriate and wise the lord is.

nachi naga.

// After all, didn't Sriman Ramanuja come from Advaitha? //
śrī silverfox,
No he did not. Even his father (āsūri keśava somayāji) was a smārtha only until the point of his marriage to the sister of periya tirumalai nambi who ensured his sisters are married only to śrī vaiśṇavās. He initiated both āsūri keśava somayāji and kamala nayana bhattar (father of embār) by conducting pañca samskāraṃ at tirumalai before the marriage. So they ceased to be advaitis themselves so naturally their children were not. Two more facts are that yes svāmi emperumānār did study under yādava prakāśa. But that is not since he was an advaiti but it is what is called pūrva pakṣa grantha knowledge. One has to know and understand the pretext of what the other school is saying with regards to the common pramāṇam, śruti before one gets into a discussion or debate. This would explain the association. And svāmi embār was indeed a kāḻāmukha śaiva for some time vhen he vas in kālahasti before he was brought back to śrī vaiśṇavam by svāmi emperumānār. :)

PS: You could refer yatirāja vaibhavaṃ authored by vaduga nambi his intimate śiṣya for references to the same.

pādukā dāsan,
velāmūr ammaṅgi śrīnivāsan

Last edited:
HI all..:)
I am happy and impressed by Renukakarthikayan's anaysis of Jesus vis-a-vis the three main schools of thought in Hinduism.
Also with due resppect to the contributor, may i pls point out that curd is "dadhi" in Samskrt and with "annam" the word should be pronounced as "dadhyonnam".will try to find the equivalent of tamarind rice soon:)
regards
durga

DEAR KUNJUPPU, WHOEVER WANTS TO TRED THE PATH OF SPRITUALITY AND FIND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS LIKE WHY WE WERE BORN AND FROM HERE WHERE WE GO, HAS TO TURN TO HINDUISM ONLY.LIKE JOSEPH IYENGAR, THERE IS STEPHEN KNAPP FROM USA.YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HIS FROFOUND KNOWLEDGE, HE HAS WRITTEN MANY BOOKS, ONE AMONG THEM IS "HOW TO FIND HAPPINESS".I WOULD RECOMMEND ALL OF YOU TO GO TO THE WEBSITE, www.stephenknapp.com TO READ HIS LIFE HISTORY AND HIS POURINGS.
BALAGOPAL

Dear pvraman, yes what you have mentioned about the link is correct.now, stephen knapp is extorting all hindus to fight the conversion going on india, he is telling that americans are pouring money to convert hindus.he says that it is high time hindus are united to stop conversions.he has described in his books how thw moghuls plundered india and killed and converted hindus, the worst sufferers being indian women-raped and killed.if we read that, we will never sleep.such a chilling encounters.god only saved india.
Balagopal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back