• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jaya Mami !

Janaki Jambunathan

Jaya Mami is close to me - know her for decades She came with us to Pappan Kulam in Tirunelveli dist when our family installed Rama idol in a new sannidhi where -I remember she made a krithi about Rama in Kalyani. On the way she created a Krithi on " Get Well" Hanuman sanithi inside get well hospital near Tirunelveli junction and bustand in Varai Most of herr songs are on Hanuman

This story about Hanuman is real experience I have seen that Hanuman several times in her pooja room!

The story as narrated by her.

When we left Delhi, a friend gave me a stone and said, ‘Worship this Anjaneya.’” Jaya says that it did not look like an idol. It had the figure of Anjaneya etched on it, although the contours were rather faintly inscribed. She placed it in her puja room and began worshipping it with devotion. Over the years as she continued to do abishekams for the stone, the contours became clearer, with all the details like crown and ornamentations showing up distinctly, until she finally had a full-fledged vigraham of Anjaneya!

She gave me an audio cassette of her ஹரி கதா performance 'சுந்தர காண்டம்' in which a number of her Hanuman Krithis could be heard. This was given to me in early 90s when we made that Tirunelveli Trip. This tape may not me in good condition more over I don't have player to play that That lies in Madurai and see if I can upload in youtube . I will be in Madurai during Chitra Festivals.

JJ, Do you have her compositions...Can you share a few here
Hello vgane. I'm a new member and I do not know how to message you directly. Sorry to hijack this thread but do you know any good tamil Yajur veda vathiyar in Gurgaon? If so, can you please let me know his contact details? I just moved to Gurgaon and am in need of a good priest for all ceremonies and rituals. Thanks a lot!!!

Hello vgane. I'm a new member and I do not know how to message you directly. Sorry to hijack this thread but do you know any good tamil Yajur veda vathiyar in Gurgaon? If so, can you please let me know his contact details? I just moved to Gurgaon and am in need of a good priest for all ceremonies and rituals. Thanks a lot!!!

Please get in touch with Sri Ramakrishna Vadhyar from Kumbakonam...His no is 9811320149

Talked to Mami over phone and she gave me the link These were uploaded by her students - not recorded and uploaded by professionals! She has moved to a new house in Yellenkha and I will meet here soon when I go to Bangalore.

Latest ads

Back