• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Iyer-Iyengar Marriage

rukmini_mami

Namaskarams to all.

We are an Iyer family settled abroad for 2 generations. I am currently the eldest sumangali of my pukkaam.
My daughter expressed interest to us to marry her Iyengar friend.
I have dilemma about this.
If we approve for this union, is it right to invite her after her marriage, to our family's annual sumangali prarthana where I will be the kartha?

The gothram has to be different (which it is) and the married daughter of the house should be invited post marriage... but i have never witnessed Iyengars being invited to Iyer sumangali Poojai and vice versa...

Please advice. Also welcome opinions about any other rituals (especially pithru karma related) where such a union might not be favourable.

Don't complicate life. Will you stop loving your daughter because she married an Iyengar boy?

The current generation are not bothered about all this. Only a very small percentage do but beyond that the world has moved on.

World has changed and is changing.

Stop worrying too much. As Balumeena said it is better than an intercaste marriage.

Madam,

What naturally attracts forms the best complement. But as always one has to be careful it is not a lure but genuine attraction.

Madam,

What naturally attracts forms the best complement. But as always one has to be careful it is not a lure but genuine attraction.

Here is good post in this regard.

Latest ads

Back