• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is the devadasi system once again to resuscitate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is suggested that you at least have a cursory look at wikipedia or do some google search before you spin your opinion as matters of fact and make unsubstantiated and wild distortion of historical facts and put the sentence in bold letters like "it is important to note....."

You also seem to have not read about the Battle of Haldighat in your school days nor have heard or read about "jauhar" - an act of self immolation of womenfolk on funeral pyre of their husbands in order to protect their chastity and self respect.

From your post it would appear that Rajasthanis' named their cities like Ajmer, Fatehpur etc. in profound recognition of utopian Mughal Rule from a distance and so many people converted to islam so much so that about 9% population are muslims now!

Your thread started with devadasi system and it is said to have prevailed only in South and East India and Rajasthan is in neither of the two zones. Why are you now jumping to sati and Rajasthan?

If you have an axe to grind against "reactionary policies of Hindutva" do so with some cogency rather than these leaps and jumps which are mostly devoid of facts.

Here is a link for quick primer for Moghul Rule in Rajasthan and the reasons (may be one of the many) for sati called "jauhar" over there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Rajasthan

Aamen.

I do not know about Iyers.

People who are sharp and good generally do not hurt others wantonly. But if people meddle with or provoke such sharp and good people, they may get hurt badly. They will only have themselves to blame. It is like the monkey playing with the peg in the cleavage. When its tail is caught tightly in the wood, it will cry oh Iyengar, My vaal. LOL.

We are trigger happy with our self-destructive double barrel even when people don't meddle with or provoke.

https://youtu.be/_kfixjAIx1k

I do not know about Iyers.

People who are sharp and good generally do not hurt others wantonly. But if people meddle with or provoke such sharp and good people, they may get hurt badly. They will only have themselves to blame. It is like the monkey playing with the peg in the cleavage. When its tail is caught tightly in the wood, it will cry oh Iyengar, My vaal. LOL.

Being a Tamil Iyengar one doesn’t know about Tamil Iyers is nothing but blatant lie. Have you not come across popular Iyers from all fields from TN?

Regarding monkey, it is quite natural to seek your help since Anjaneya belongs to you.

Being a Tamil Iyengar one doesn’t know about Tamil Iyers is nothing but blatant lie. Have you not come across popular Iyers from all fields from TN?

Regarding monkey, it is quite natural to seek your help since Anjaneya belongs to you.

The problem is, for every iyer from a field there is a better Iyengar there. So I do not remember the Iyer there. Do you want to dispute this? You may get barred from the forum. Then I may have to send Anjaneya to you to help you out. Take care.

I stop with this. I am able to see our friend who likes vaal already getting restless. LOL.

It is suggested that you at least have a cursory look at wikipedia or do some google search before you spin your opinion as matters of fact and make unsubstantiated and wild distortion of historical facts and put the sentence in bold letters like "it is important to note....."

You also seem to have not read about the Battle of Haldighat in your school days nor have heard or read about "jauhar" - an act of self immolation of womenfolk on funeral pyre of their husbands in order to protect their chastity and self respect.

From your post it would appear that Rajasthanis' named their cities like Ajmer, Fatehpur etc. in profound recognition of utopian Mughal Rule from a distance and so many people converted to islam so much so that about 9% population are muslims now!

Your thread started with devadasi system and it is said to have prevailed only in South and East India and Rajasthan is in neither of the two zones. Why are you now jumping to sati and Rajasthan?

If you have an axe to grind against "reactionary policies of Hindutva" do so with some cogency rather than these leaps and jumps which are mostly devoid of facts.

Here is a link for quick primer for Moghul Rule in Rajasthan and the reasons (may be one of the many) for sati called "jauhar" over there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Rajasthan

:cool: zebra16

The river mingled into the sea some tributaries also joined it. Like that when writing about something to write other instances as well. There is nothing wrong in that.

Last edited:
The problem is, for every iyer from a field there is a better Iyengar there. So I do not remember the Iyer there. Do you want to dispute this? You may get barred from the forum. Then I may have to send Anjaneya to you to help you out. Take care.

I stop with this. I am able to see our friend who likes vaal already getting restless. LOL.

The problem is what is wrong with people?
Don't they understand that Iyengar sect is only for privileged people - because I am born as one.

In fact, I even have tattoos to prove that this God concept has chosen me to be born special. I may say everyone is equal etc - wink , wink - but I have proof of my greatness.

What do they know about Boyd's gene theory and now these morons do not understand there is a Brahmin gene. In order to not rile up some vaals I did not say that it is that only Iyengar gene that is the best of the best.

How do I know? Because in this forum , in avatar after avatar, I have watched all these people's ego. I am least bothered when they attack me because they are wasting bytes here.

I cannot stand any attack on Sriman Narayana. I love him and how dare they make fun.

Yes, I come here with guns blazing for HIM.

My purpose is to defend Narayana and watch all these egotistical people day after day. I comment about them, their arrogance. But they do not stop. Let them learn that the best religion and sect is the one I am born into, Fools

I stop with this. LOL.

Be scared of the Monkey icon in my profile. LOL.

My Iyengar friends from School, College and Work Places have been very jealous about Iyers' performance in all fields with International recognition, and have been sleepless.

From your reply that there’s a better Iyengar for every Iyer I am reply happy to know it.

Can you please tell me the better Iyengars in Science, Literature, Carnatic Vagyakaras, Singers, Instrument Players, Cinema, Politics etc so that I can tell my Iyengar friends, and from this day they will have sound sleep.

LOL

The Iyar and Ayyangar's debates are unnecessary.

My Iyengar friends from School, College and Work Places have been very jealous about Iyers' performance in all fields with International recognition, and have been sleepless.

From your reply that there’s a better Iyengar for every Iyer I am reply happy to know it.

Can you please tell me the better Iyengars in Science, Literature, Carnatic Vagyakaras, Singers, Instrument Players, Cinema, Politics etc so that I can tell my Iyengar friends, and from this day they will have sound sleep.

LOL

The Iyar and Ayyangar's debates are unnecessary. I have to post a comment here I from the backward class Yadava did not belong to these two clans. From my school to college days, I have a lot of friends in both sects. Nevertheless, I do not see any difference between them. I have registered here that both of them are kind to me.

The Iyar and Ayyangar's debates are unnecessary. I have to post a comment here I from the backward class Yadava did not belong to these two clans. From my school to college days, I have a lot of friends in both sects. Nevertheless, I do not see any difference between them. I have registered here that both of them are kind to me.

Iyer Iyengar musings exposed your identity.

Why did you bring economic status here? Krishna belonged to Yadava community, it is said. Is he really backward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back