• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Marriage necessary in the modern day?

Computer and cars .
This evolution ...no .
Today who knows and can count nakshatras , so where evolution but
Vedic people knew as 28 .
पत्नी यदृश्यन्ते पत्नी यक्षमाणा जरितरो अथामो दैव ।। अथर्ववेद
Preserving nature and similarly preserving wife is the root of philosophy and not selfishness .
Just read Indra the selfish one .

परि ष्वजन्ते जनयो यथा पतिम् । १७/ अथर्ववेद
From the Vedic period women are to take shelters of men and to go for .
Even the Urvasi left her children to her husband and gone away as per Rigveda .
So is inferred that a man needs never a marriage .
hi

i remembering my childhood in kerala....there is system called OOTTUPURA in malayalam.....generally

many brahmins/ nambooothiris had called SAMBHANDHAM...means no marriage....just relationship

with nair ladies.....its socially accepted....just had many ladies with many children but i think

father name is not added...ONLY MOTHER'S NAME ....not anymore this system...

hi

i remembering my childhood in kerala....there is system called OOTTUPURA in malayalam.....generally

many brahmins/ nambooothiris had called SAMBHANDHAM...means no marriage....just relationship

with nair ladies.....its socially accepted....just had many ladies with many children but i think

father name is not added...ONLY MOTHER'S NAME ....not anymore this system...

Yet people blame western culture for degradation in society when local culture was equally haram! Lol

Agreed
Only for western culture .
Go pl with our Vedic scriptures .
women are always put on heart , care and perfect liberty , how come the word haram .
Female is Prakriti evolved by purush but male is only purush .
I salute to women . 🙏

Latest ads

Back