• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is karma yoga practically possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,
As my understanding goes, Karma Yoga mean performing one’s “duty” without “attachment” i.e. that is without “I perform” feeling and without expecting fruits of the action – selfless.
I think duty here means both domestic, social as well as professional / occupational duty.
If my above definition is correct as per the scriptures which says Karma Yoga is a one of the paths for salvation / self-realisation, pls explain me whether it is a viable path in today’s materialistic world. Take my case as a case study.
I am a professional accountant / financial adviser rendering various services to my client like taxation, auditing, accounting, financing etc. I need not explain to you how much I have to compromise on ethical and moral issues while servicing my clients who are mainly business community.
Or do I stand in the same place as a butcher who kills animals for his living?
You are all seems to be learned people with wide and indepth knowledge in Vedas and scriptures. Please explain me how in my case Karma Yoga is possible?
……

Dear all,
As my understanding goes, Karma Yoga mean performing one’s “duty” without “attachment” i.e. that is without “I perform” feeling and without expecting fruits of the action – selfless.
I think duty here means both domestic, social as well as professional / occupational duty.
If my above definition is correct as per the scriptures which says Karma Yoga is a one of the paths for salvation / self-realisation, pls explain me whether it is a viable path in today’s materialistic world. Take my case as a case study.
I am a professional accountant / financial adviser rendering various services to my client like taxation, auditing, accounting, financing etc. I need not explain to you how much I have to compromise on ethical and moral issues while servicing my clients who are mainly business community.
You are all seems to be learned people with wide and indepth knowledge in Vedas and scriptures. Please explain me how in my case Karma Yoga is possible?
……

Dear Sri Murari,

At the outset I wish to confide that I do not posses adequate knowledge scriptural or other wise to offer advise to others. However the same doubt has passed through my mind many times and I have asked our learned Acharyas and Gurus in this regard. Here I would like to sum up and share my understanding briefly, as a layman.

"God deals the cards to every one at the time of birth, and it is for the individual to play the game with the available freedom in our own way".

You have answered the question yourself. You have selected the profession of Professional Accountant, like a butcher who had to kill animals for his living. I believe the freedom is given to us to serve our profession without compromising our ethical and moral values. However If we can't do so, then we should do the same without attachment as advised by Sri Krishna in Bhagavad-Gita:

Brahmaṇy ādhāyakarmāṇi
sańgaḿtyaktvākarotiyaḥ
lipyatenasapāpena
padma-patram ivāmbhasā (CH:5.10 )

One who performs his duty without attachment, surrendering the results unto the Supreme Lord,
is unaffected by sinful action, as the lotus leaf is untouched by water.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Dear sir,

Thanks for your explanation. But I fear that this proposition is a very dangerous one, in my view, as anyone can indulge in anything which may be injurious to others. Even if it is done without attachment, the result is the same. This "non-attachment" will then become an escape route to do anything.

I wish the discussion be in the context of karma yoga which is a prescribed path for salvation.

Regards.

Mr. Murari1970,

I would like you reconsider your statement.
It should be "without attachment to results". Actions are going to produce results, but if you perform it in the spirit of service to God, the results are "prasad".
As far as morality is concerned that is purely up to you. If doing some thing is going to bother you, and disturb your peace, do not do it, but you have to face the consequence.
There are three types of action that are SIN, as it causes mental anguish.
1. Action against society. You break a law society will punish you.
2. Action against Inner Self. Your conscience will gnaw you.
3. Action against Nature. You do not want to fly off a tall building.

So do the right action. There is no need to compromise on your principles just for money. You can live an honest life and do with less money.
I wish you success.

Mr. Murari1970,

I would like you reconsider your statement.
It should be "without attachment to results". Actions are going to produce results, but if you perform it in the spirit of service to God, the results are "prasad".
As far as morality is concerned that is purely up to you. If doing some thing is going to bother you, and disturb your peace, do not do it, but you have to face the consequence.
There are three types of action that are SIN, as it causes mental anguish.
1. Action against society. You break a law society will punish you.
2. Action against Inner Self. Your conscience will gnaw you.
3. Action against Nature. You do not want to fly off a tall building.

So do the right action. There is no need to compromise on your principles just for money. You can live an honest life and do with less money.
I wish you success.

Dear sir,
I agree with you reg. "without attachment to results". But here I am servicing to my client and what should I could consider as result? For me fee charged to my client is the consideration for my action. For my client, the benefit desired by him. Both are achieved.

If with out attachment to result means neither of the above objectives (fees for me and benefits for my client) shall happen, then ... well... I cannot do my profession.

Reg. morality, yes to be honest, it was not disturbing me before but now it has started.

Reg. your last paragraph, it is easier said than done. I need money to take care of my family, children education and marriage, parent's health etc. which you will agree is a basic house hold duty of a married man. As i said, i am serving to the section of the society - business community - whose dharma is only money making.

One of our senior member in our profession who is a very pious and religious man with a very orthodox traditional attitude and a big namam in his forehead - he is also doing the same thing in the profession - when i discussed with him, he told me don't confuse the karma yoga with your professional duty. Do it according to the "dharma of the profession"!!!

Not only my profession, there are lot of other professions and occupations which are in such predicament.

I hope more light would be thrown upon this subject by our learned members.

Take my case as a case study.
……

Dear sir,

You have no compulsion to compromise on Dharma in your job.

On the other hand the butcher is well within his Dharma.

Dear sir,

I will share with you some personal tips.
I am a doctor and in my job I do not compromise ever on ethics even under pressure.
I once worked in a government hospital where a local politician wanted to cut the waiting queue to see a doctor.

It was not an emergency so technically he can take a number and wait like everyone else but the hospital director called me and told me to see the politician.

I told the director that everyone else is waiting and why should a late comer be given special treatment?
I told the director that I will only see the politician if he takes a number and waits.

The hospital director got real mad with me and asked another doctor to see the politician.

Even when my parents come to see me in my clinic they take a number and wait like other patients(my parents themselves do not cut queue).

As a doctor in a day to day life I face situations where one can earn more by being lax on ethics but is money everything?

Any money got through undharmic means adds to bondage.

I will give you another example..many patients after paying the bill ask receipts to be issued more than what they had paid so that they can claim more from their companies.

Most doctor also agree to keep patient happy but I DO NOT do that at all.
Yes patients do get angry and tell me they prefer other doctors who help them claim more.

For me the receipt will be exactly what they paid and nothing more..
The reason is:

1)Firstly it is Fraud
2)It will also affect my accounts
3)A Karmic Debt will be formed by me,patient and the person who will be forking out extra money to pay the patient.

So you see lots of small things add up.

Last edited:
Dear all,

I would like to highlight that many a times we feel that a Butcher is Adharmic and sinful.
I feel we need to see a job as a job and nothing more.

In a different thread I had written if we compare jobs of a doctor,butcher and a commercial sex worker we will find this;

1)Doctor takes countless lives of bacteria by prescribing antibiotics to patients.

2)A butcher takes a few lives a day may be some 5 animals a day for example.

3)Commercial Sex Worker does NOT take even 1 life in her job.

A doctor is not held guilty for murder of bacteria cos it is the Dharma of the doctor to save the patient.

So it is also the Dharma of the Butcher and the CSW to preform their duties well.

We should always consider the Dharma of the profession and NOT just judge the act.

Last edited:
Dear all,
……

Sri. Murari, Greetings.

I am not qualified to guide you in Karma Yoga. That is because I am honest and know my misgivings.

If you like an action of self less, the minimum qualification is honesty. If you don'y have honesty, the 'self-less' situation doesn't occur, Unfortunately, you have to be selfish to compromise on honesty. No. sir, without honesty 'self-less karma' can not happen. God gave you two middle fingers one in each hand just for one purpose.... when someone demands you to be dishonest, show them one; if he/she persists, show two!

Cheers!

Dear sir,

Thanks for your explanation. But I fear that this proposition is a very dangerous one, in my view, as anyone can indulge in anything which may be injurious to others. Even if it is done without attachment, the result is the same. This "non-attachment" will then become an escape route to do anything.

I wish the discussion be in the context of karma yoga which is a prescribed path for salvation.

Regards.

Dear Sri Murari,

I request you to kindly go through my post again, no where I have told that the freedom is given to us to serve our profession by compromising our ethical and moral values. It is my strong conviction that right living is the basic requirement for spiritual aspirants.
Best Wishes,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear sir,

Regards.

Non attachment is NOT an escape route.Any act should NOT cause harm to anyone by thought, word and deed.

If the act causes harm it cannot be classified under NON ATTACHMENT.
We should not confuse NON ATTACHMENT with IRRESPONSIBILITY.

Non Attachment is where the act is preformed just as a duty and not for any personal gain.
Here again many might argue that "in that case when we work we are gaining our salary"

In work we get our salary cos that's the Dharma of the employer to pay his employee or in case of self employed individuals..its just Dharma to get Halal returns for our effort.

Sathya Sai Baba has made it clear in explaining the Karmanyevadhi Karaste Ma Phalesu Kadacana line.

Baba said that action preformed by man will lead to a fruit which is a reaction to the action preformed.

So thats why the word "Ma" is used in the line Karmanyevadhi Karaste Ma Phalesu Kadacana.

Ma in Sanskrit means Not that means in this context we are Not desiring the fruit.

The word Na in Sanskrit means No..the word Na was not used in the Karmanyevadhi Karaste Ma Phalesu Kadacana cos that would only go to mean that there is No reaction to action(hence incorrect)

For every action there is a reaction but in this case we are NOT DESIRING the REACTION(hence Ma Phaleshu Kadacana).

No Desire=Non attachment.

Last edited:
Dear sir,

I will share with you some personal tips.
I am a doctor and in my job I do not compromise ever on ethics even under pressure.
I once worked in a government hospital where a local politician wanted to cut the waiting queue to see a doctor.

It was not an emergency so technically he can take a number and wait like everyone else but the hospital director called me and told me to see the politician.

I told the director that everyone else is waiting and why should a late comer be given special treatment?
I told the director that I will only see the politician if he takes a number and waits.

The hospital director got real mad with me and asked another doctor to see the politician.

Even when my parents come to see me in my clinic they take a number and wait like other patients(my parents themselves do not cut queue).

As a doctor in a day to day life I face situations where one can earn more by being lax on ethics but is money everything?

Any money got through undharmic means adds to bondage.

I will give you another example..many patients after paying the bill ask receipts to be issued more than what they had paid so that they can claim more from their companies.

Most doctor also agree to keep patient happy but I DO NOT do that at all.
Yes patients do get angry and tell me they prefer other doctors who help them claim more.

For me the receipt will be exactly what they paid and nothing more..
The reason is:

1)Firstly it is Fraud
2)It will also affect my accounts
3)A Karmic Debt will be formed by me,patient and the person who will be forking out extra money to pay the patient.

So you see lots of small things add up.

Your profession - medical profession - is the most noble profession. There is no price for a life and you are in the profession of saving lives. People come to you only to get cured / saved and not for getting extra money. What you have mentioned about adding something more to the cash receipt is only collateral which you can very well afford to deny and so far you are giving them fair medical advice, people will turn up to you.

In most other professions / occupations like ours, lawyers etc. we deal with legal and money matters. I will give you an example from my side. A business man comes to me for some taxation advice. He wants to save tax. First I can tell the exemptions and deductions available legally (today most of the clients know this due to internet!) to reduce tax, but he insists on reducing more tax and now I have to resort to advices which will be brilliant but unfair in other terms. I have to advice for some accounting juglary to reduce tax. If I do not do so, I will be branded as incompetent / unfit and the client will go away. Here what the client expecting from me is not collateral but his main objective. Also in many cases, the line dividing "tax saving methods" between fair and unfair is very thin. If you are aware about the economic affairs of the country, i would like to refer the infamour "vodafone case" where the Govt. lost 14000 crores of tax money. Though even the supreme court approved this, as a tax professional, like many of us, I consider this unfair and immoral of way of tax planning.

Having said this, from the spiritual angle, how to distinguish between good and bad in our professional duties? Or in this material world, karma yoga as a spiritual path is obsolete?

In most other professions / occupations like ours, lawyers etc. we deal with legal and money matters. I will give you an example from my side. A business man comes to me for some taxation advice. He wants to save tax. First I can tell the exemptions and deductions available legally (today most of the clients know this due to internet!) to reduce tax, but he insists on reducing more tax and now I have to resort to advices which will be brilliant but unfair in other terms. I have to advice for some accounting juglary to reduce tax. If I do not do so, I will be branded as incompetent / unfit and the client will go away. Here what the client expecting from me is not collateral but his main objective. Also in many cases, the line dividing "tax saving methods" between fair and unfair is very thin. If you are aware about the economic affairs of the country, i would like to refer the infamour "vodafone case" where the Govt. lost 14000 crores of tax money. Though even the supreme court approved this, as a tax professional, like many of us, I consider this unfair and immoral of way of tax planning.

Having said this, from the spiritual angle, how to distinguish between good and bad in our professional duties? Or in this material world, karma yoga as a spiritual path is obsolete?

Yes I get what you mean...even I am sometimes branded as a doctor who does not know how to keep the patients happy and patients have left cos I refuse to do abortions,refuse to sell medical certificates,refuse to give false medical reports,refuse to certify unfit individuals for commercial vehicle licence..lists can go on and on.

The result of this is...I earn less than many of my friends out here.

So you have to be brave to face that fact that you might earn less.

Don't worry God will not let anyone down who follows Dharma.

If you are helping the client to evade tax that means you are contributing indirectly to the loss of income tax for the country and you know the consequences.

Some might feel that if only one accountant thinks this way..it is not as if all economic problems in India will be solved but there is always a start.

The very fact that you are asking this question that means you feel something is not right.

So strengthen yourself..be prepared to earn less.

Dear all,

We should always consider the Dharma of the profession and NOT just judge the act.

Who would decide what is "Dharma" of the profession? According to your perception something may be adharmic, but in the context of a particular case, It may be absolute dharma according to me. If the act, though falls under "Dharma of the profession", if it is injurious against any one or larger society, can you still call it as Dharma and say this will be considered as Karma yoga.

Even if it is injurious to others, if it is done for your livelihood and fullfill your domestic duties like feeding your family, is it ok? That is what a butcher does, kill animals to take care of his genuine family needs but not our of anger or hatred. I think this is what you wanted to point out. Am i right? If so, can it be extended to other professionns /vacations summarily?

Who would decide what is "Dharma" of the profession? According to your perception something may be adharmic, but in the context of a particular case, It may be absolute dharma according to me. If the act, though falls under "Dharma of the profession", if it is injurious against any one or larger society, can you still call it as Dharma and say this will be considered as Karma yoga.

Even if it is injurious to others, if it is done for your livelihood and fullfill your domestic duties like feeding your family, is it ok? That is what a butcher does, kill animals to take care of his genuine family needs but not our of anger or hatred. I think this is what you wanted to point out. Am i right? If so, can it be extended to other professionns /vacations summarily?

It becomes a sin for a butcher when he charges his clients more for the meat or cheats in the weight and does not declare his Taxes!!!LOL

I feel religion is quite clear that the food we lay on the table for family to eat should be got by dharmic means.

These days many claim that they resort to Undharmic means to support family.
I am not talking about those in dire straits..I am talking about people like you and me.

We have no excuse to feel that we might resort to Adharma to support family.

Sri. Murari, Greetings.

I am not qualified to guide you in Karma Yoga. That is because I am honest and know my misgivings.

Cheers!

When you say you are honest, you are the most qualified one to guide me in karma yoga.

If you like an action of self less, the minimum qualification is honesty. If you don'y have honesty, the 'self-less' situation doesn't occur, Unfortunately, you have to be selfish to compromise on honesty. No. sir, without honesty 'self-less karma' can not happen. God gave you two middle fingers one in each hand just for one purpose.... when someone demands you to be dishonest, show them one; if he/she persists, show two!

I think most of us cannot remain in business!! Even to feed my family, giving good education to my child, etc also to some extent selfish. I think we have to consider the degree of this "selfishness". If you want to send the child to some international school, have a BMW car, a good villa to live - the degree of compromise will be more.

I am not talking about that. Considering today's cost of living, even a decent life style requires a sizeable amount to be earned and spent unless you have some fixed income through ancestral assets.

So Karma yoga in its absolute meaning is possible in today's competitive world? If so, what kind of material life we will be put into?

Breaking rules like taxes, ownership etc set by the king or the government is not a sin; it is breaking the rules and will invite punishment from the king/ government. Today's tax rate may be 100%, tomorrow the the law may reduce it 20%. So, one can use filters to differentiate sin and breaking of law.

For e.g, sometime back, one cannot buy or consume alcohol in tamilnadu, but can do that in pondicherry or bangalore. Drinking is not a sin but illegal in some places just one km apart.

karma and dharma are intricate.

It is my strong conviction that right living is the basic requirement for spiritual aspirants.

Dear sir,

I agree with you absolutely on this point sir. There is no doubt about that. The problem is "what is right living". In our domestic life, we lead an absolutely right living - love our family, educate the child, help the needy, do charity, do poojas and rituals as per scriptures...

But when we step out of our home and go to work, a lot of factors comes to play. Still I agree we should not compromise on honesty, a very basic requirement for spirituality. But are we able to do this? To confuse more, "Dharma of profession" is coined to justify many acts of professional/occupational work.

I need more clarification on this point.

Sri. Murari, Greetings.

I think most of us cannot remain in business!! Even to feed my family, giving good education to my child, etc also to some extent selfish. I think we have to consider the degree of this "selfishness". If you want to send the child to some international school, have a BMW car, a good villa to live - the degree of compromise will be more.

I am not talking about that. Considering today's cost of living, even a decent life style requires a sizeable amount to be earned and spent unless you have some fixed income through ancestral assets.

So Karma yoga in its absolute meaning is possible in today's competitive world? If so, what kind of material life we will be put into?

Saving tax dollars for your client where it is legally allowed is not adharmic. In fact that is your dharma. But, if the same client asks you to prepare bogus documents in order to claim tax exemptions, then if you do it, that would be adharmic. (I once had an experience.. that time I was running a business, accounts maintained by the 50% non-participating share holders. This accountant slipped in some paperwork which actually left all my assets to the company! Lucky for us, my wife noticed it and sensed something not right in that document; although we signed it, it came back for bit more fine tuning and my wife kept is safely away in our custody. Well, one fine morning the share holders informed me the company, there by, the share holders own my meagre properties which was not included in the company assets earlier. When I asked them how, they said I signed my assets for the company and one of them actually smirked! I asked them to produce that document.... well, 1 week later, paid them off and kicked them away!). That kind of action from the accountant would be adharmic. But, most accountants can legally save a lot of money for their clients and still stay along the right side of the law. My accountant wouldn't do a thing unethical; he would flatly refuse. But would get as much benefit as possible. That tax saving advices cost a good deal of money. That should be your dharmic income, i suppose.

I am a small fry. This is what I do.... I just pay my taxes and just not bother about the money. I can afford that. When I needed more money to help the young family grow, just opted for more overtime, took a second job, lived on shoe- string budget etc.

I can take more mortgages, buy many more houses and collect more rental income and spend much money for repairs and maintanence to reduce my tax bill and still develop my portfolio at the cost of the government. There is nothing adharmic about that either. In fact, that's exactly what my accountant is asking us to do, the bank keeps asking us to do. I could do all that, still live without attachments.

In my opinion, self-less and non-attachment is, still doing whatever we do at its best, earn as much as possible without getting greedy and without getting into the wrong side of the law. But always remembering, we came to here with nothing, will carry back nothing. The whole lot in between is just transient and should be treated as such.

Learned members of this forum would be guiding you much better than this.

Cheers!

Dear sir,

I agree with you absolutely on this point sir. There is no doubt about that. The problem is "what is right living". In our domestic life, we lead an absolutely right living - love our family, educate the child, help the needy, do charity, do poojas and rituals as per scriptures...

But when we step out of our home and go to work, a lot of factors comes to play. Still I agree we should not compromise on honesty, a very basic requirement for spirituality. But are we able to do this? To confuse more, "Dharma of profession" is coined to justify many acts of professional/occupational work.

Dharma is a very hard word to define cos of it's multiple meanings and interpretations but in reality it is the most simple to put in Practice.

In your case Dharma of an accountant is to make make sure you do all accounts right for your client in the best of your knowledge and also you should be legally in the clear.
Right for client means what is legally right.

It is not so hard isn't it.
Yes..you might earn less...the choice is yours.

We should not think that in today's world it is hard to practice Dharma.
It is actually not a big challenge.

I have had people come and give me 100 forms to sign to certify people fit for licence without checking them.
I showed them the door..what good is such money at the expense of ethics?

There was a Forensic Specialist I knew once who was transferred to a remote area and had not pay rise for a long time cos he refused to falsify a post mortem report for a high profile case.

He earned less and was in a remote area but he said he is happy with his decision cos he didn't want to do injustice.

Do not worry too much..just pray to God for guidance.

Dear all,
……

Dear Mr. Murari,

Yes, I understand your predicament. First of all, let me say that karma becomes
karma yoga when you do the karmas without expecting any rewards and treating
them as an offering to the Lord. Then the fruits of the karma do not add up to
the stored up karmas - no aagami.

This appears to be simple, but quite complicated. This advice was given by Lord
Krishna to Arjuna who was wavering and who was confused about the morality
of the war against his own own relatives and Masters. He was advising Arjuna
to do his svadharma as applicable to a kshatriya. The Mahabharata war was
the only way to regain the rights of Pandavas since even the efforts of the Lord
failed.

Ours is a day-to -day war. We are in a decaying society with eroded moral
values. Even if you are right and have run your affairs in tune with the law of the
land, the current bunch of officers demand bribe. Otherwise they will put you
into untold hardships. They will find silly mistakes and ask you to correct them
and come back. The amount of time and money you spend is considerable,
not to speak of the mental agony.

Under these circumstances, the choice is between the two paths - fall in line
with the current practices or stay upright and fight it out. It has its own pros
and cons. Your employer will tell you to close the chapter by giving the money
demanded.

The people in general have lot of regard for the honest persons and they will
give you respect. You may get your things done provided you stay the course.
Often times your employer will compromise since a businessman is interested
in making money by any means. He is afraid of the skeletons in his cupboard.

If you stay uptight , you will succeed in the end , but it all depends upon your
own compulsions and circumstances.

This is my personal experience in professional life. Others may or may not
agree.

Last edited:
Dear sir, I agree with you absolutely on this point sir. There is no doubt about that. The problem is "what is right living". In our domestic life, we lead an absolutely right living - love our family, educate the child, help the needy, do charity, do poojas and rituals as per scriptures... But when we step out of our home and go to work, a lot of factors comes to play. Still I agree we should not compromise on honesty, a very basic requirement for spirituality. But are we able to do this? To confuse more, "Dharma of profession" is coined to justify many acts of professional/occupational work. I need more clarification on this point.

Dear Sri Murari,

As I have told in my earlier post, I do not posses adequate knowledge to offer advise on spiritual doubts What I write here is my understanding of life and from reading books by great souls who had spent their life in search of truth. Hereunder I give websites of two Great masters Jiddu Krishnamurti and Shivapuri Baba who had dealt the subject of Right Living. Kindly go through the same.
Jiddu Krishnamurthy on Right Living, How to Live without a conflict

Weekly Inner Work from Inner Frontier

As for me I am guided by my conscience which discriminates right and wrong when ever I take a decision. It is up to the individual to follow or reject guidance of one's conscience. There are many learnered members of the forum who would also give their opinions in the matter which will be of help to us.
Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Sri. Ranganathan said -

Ours is a day-to -day war. We are in a decaying society with eroded moral
values. Even if you are right and have run your affairs in tune with the law of the
land, the current bunch of officers demand bribe. Otherwise they will put you
into untold hardships. They will find silly mistakes and ask you to correct them
and come back. The amount of time and money you spend is considerable,
not to speak of the mental agony.

Greetings.

Sri. Ranganathan high lighted a very valid point about the reality of practising a profession in India. He is right. It would be really hard for Sri. Murari to stay honest to the core, expect his clients to stay honest to the core and face the corrupted officials. If everything is hunky and dory, then there is no concern. But that is not the case.

So, how to follow Karma Yoga in that circumstances? Where would Sri. Murari find that extra money to pay to make sure of his children get a proper education and get the basic comforts? Sri. Murari should not compromise his children's future for the sake of his policies & principles.

Sorry, I have no answer. In Mahabharata, when all else failed, Krishna did few naughty deeds to get the Pandavas across. What does that tell us? I really look forward some input from learned members.

Cheers!

Sri velukkudi krishnan gave a simple explanation. what is mandated in dharmasastras must be done; what is rejected must not be done. When no mention is made, consult elders.

kanchi periyavar has dealt this in detail in deivathin kural. Karma must not conflict with dharma; that is the essence.

Dear Murari,

If at all you find it too hard to practice Dharma in your current set up trying Lecturing in a university or college on Accounting.
This is just as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back