• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is bull meat permissible in emergency situation?

Dear Gustav,
You do follow an Abrahamic faith yourself and you mentioned your brother is a Muslim...your bro would be knowing that Surah Al Baqarah is the biggest chapter in the Quran.
So all these are equally important to you along with the Upanishad cos your gotra is still valid and you on your own are trying to keep your vedic heritage alive by trying to help your uncle to continue the lineage.

Your vedic heritage still speaks so much through you.
In fact its through you bringing up the Upanishad shloka we got to know about the ayurvedic herb uksha and vrshaba and analysed the shloka to some extent.

At the same time we should not underestimate any tribe be it from India or from the Middle East.
We can learn from anything..anywhere...everything ..everywhere..all at once.
Also, to be very fair I do worship and take as authoritative the Old and New Testaments because the Logos inspired them; and I also highly esteem the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhasyas, Itihas etc. both because they reflect the divine image in man by the priceless wisdom they contain and also because my fathers wrote them.

The Koran and Hadiths on the other hand (in my humble opinion) contain zero wisdom and are instead a hodgepodge of ramblings by a confused gang of adulterous robbers and marauders (and their successors), having nothing to do with either the divine image or my ancestors.
So I by no means put it on the same level as either the Bible or the Vedas. Far from it.

Last edited:
Also, to be very fair I do worship and take as authoritative the Old and New Testaments because the Logos inspired them; and I also highly esteem the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhasyas, Itihas etc. both because they reflect the divine image in man by the priceless wisdom they contain and also because my fathers wrote them.

The Koran and Hadiths on the other hand (in my humble opinion) contain zero wisdom and are instead a hodgepodge of ramblings by a confused gang of adulterous robbers and marauders (and their successors), having nothing to do with either the divine image or my ancestors.
So I by no means put it on the same level as either the Bible or the Vedas. Far from it.
Seek help from God to help your situation.
Having faith in God can do wonders..Abraham and Sarah had a child in an advanced age all because of having faith in God.

Genesis 21:1-2 explains.

Btw Jesus( pbuh) was an immaculate conception..imagine the power of God.
So please pray for your uncle and aunt.
Seek and thy shall find.

Man Jadda wajada.

Dear Gustav,
You could try learning about Islam from your brother.
May be your views might change.
The Quran honours the whole lineage of Jesus( pbuh) in Surah Ali Imran( the family of Imran).
The Quran mentions Jesus( pbuh) much more than Prophet Muhammad( pbuh)
The only woman mentioned by name in the Quran is Maryam bint Imran( a.s)(Mother Mary).

In fact its only the Quran which mentions about infancy of Jesus( pbuh) where He spoke from His cradle as an infant..a fact which is mentioned by Paramahansa Yogananda in his book The Second Coming of Christ..where Paramahansa quotes the Quran to denote the divinity of Jesus( pbuh) who spoke from His cradle.

So let go of any preconceived notion..embrace every aspect of words of divinity..be it Vedas,Upanishads Avesta,Torah,Bible,Quran or Puran.
Seek knowledge from thy Muslim brother too.

Latest ads

Back