• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

irreligious youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
My views on religion are as below.

1)It has emanated from Faith.

2)All regions(parts) in the world have Religions .

3)As generations after Generations Differences come in the Original Faiths,Beliefs and New religions/sects come up.

4)Hinduism (Or Sanadhna Dharma) has undergone various beliefs/thoughts more than any other Religions and it still sustains than some very early faiths/Religions.

5)As has been predicted in Hindu Scriptures in Kaliyug, Moral,Virtues will Detoriate and we are seeing them in this Thread postings examples.

6)Change is permanant.Faiths/Beliefs will be changing but Religion(Faiths) will ever be there.

7)Finally Religions are MUST for holding ones life together as expressed in some of these postings.

Alwan

Dear Nara Sir,

The caveats you state against religion are all very sensible and appeal to the thinking mind.

I too always felt religion is humbug.

But on closely examining myself i find this innate sense to venerate. I don't know how and why it comes and when it started, but its a comfort zone.

I accept atheist arguments very much. They do appeal to my mind when it is in the thinking mode.

But the moment i face some difficulty, the first thing that happens automatically is to pray and seek some solace, comfort in God, who i hope may help.

Atheism will appeal to strong minds. Unfortunately am not that strong yet. I have a family, things to take care of, and responsibilities to fulfil. Trying to live without God is a difficult task in itself, and upsets my source of strength. When this feeling of strength is gone, it upsets my confidence, and disrupts my sense of comfort.

I suppose this is how many people think and function also. Therefore while atheism is very valid, it may not suit some people.

I hope theists and atheists make peace and can live peacefully with one another, while accepting that each other's argument may make sense when seen from (either) each one's thinking zone or from their comfort zone.

They say our attitude is our fate, so maybe my attitude of seeking strength in God makes me feel i can have a better fate, i dunno. But some day in future hopefully i can be an atheist.

Regards.

Smt. HH,

For many people, and I will say, more so women, it is very, very difficult to admit to themselves without reservation, that their sufferings in life could be due to their past evil karmas (may be in this life itself or poorva janmas). This I think is because almost all such people consider themselves to have lived this present life blamelessly, that they are/have been always god-fearing, kind, not jealous and so on... epitome of virtues, in essence.

Hence when some trouble comes up in life, it is definitely a punishment meted out to a pure soul, a blameless person and hence basically unjust. So, it is usual to shift such punishment to the vagaries of god's decisions, some even describe it as god's leela and all that sort of thing. Mostly, no one is heard saying "god is punishing me (justly) for my actions or past evil deeds". I hope you will agree with this.

God thus becomes a very necessary, unavoidable and useful tool to shift blame from oneself on to someone else and such that that someone else will never come and contest your statement and file a case for defamation, damages, emotional trauma caused, etc. :) Who else but God will suit this role best? God is not only to take the blame as aforesaid, but because there is an unjust punishment being inflicted upon an otherwise innocent person, God, in his aspect as ocean of mercy and protector of His devotees, is called upon to come to the affected person's succour.

On the contrary, if a person is willing to accept consciously and fully, without reservations, that he/she might not have been such a perfect specimen of blameless human, pure in all respects, etc., and to lament his own deeds - in this or earlier births - when troubles befall him/her, then he/she may not require the prop of god to assuage the ego. But such a person will also, most often, think of how best to ensure that he does not commit bad deeds or Karma in future at least, so that such sufferings do not increase. God-believers are thankfully, free of such a self-examination and attempt at one's own course-correction. Thus I feel the most important cause for god-belief, is not owning up responsibility for one's own actions, or, at the least, a psychological inability to do so.

Dear Sangom Sir,

I am more than happy to admit my mistakes and past karmas, of past births (which i learnt thru regression sessions); and also of present birth (which i realise thru experience).

I am not holding God, any person or my self responsible for any of it. I take it that Fate destained things to happen that way.

I do not see myself as the controller of everything that happens in my fate.

I agree that one must not commit wrong things. If done unknowingly, one must take all due steps to set it right.

I feel there is a difference between what each one considers 'evil". One man's food is another man's poison.

For example -- my parents consider me supporting reservations to be an evil thing. Dad goes on about present day graduates, their language, lack of culture and what not. But i do not see reservations as evil. If i speak in support of it, they label me also with negative terms. However, i have learnt to disagree with them, not to succumb to emotional atyachar just to please their POVs; and at the same time continue to love them as my parents.

We can extend this argument to everything.

To a theist, all theists (that is, people like himself / herself) are wise, good, kind, intelligent, etc. Such people shun anything atheist as evil. Just because they are not able to accept athesim also linkable to wise, good, kind, intelligent, etc. In their sub-concious they are Not able to share a 'nice' image with others who are not like themselves.

Similary, to a beleiver in the caste system, anything that points out evil in the caste system is a commie, marxist, devil, missionary, westerner, etc. Just because they imagine others are not like themselves. Its their self-image they love infact.

I would say truly BAD things are various crimes like cheating, defrauding, homicide, sexual crimes, murder, robbery, usurping wealth, and so on. These are blame worthy deeds. The rest are mistakes, which can be set right.

Points of view do not make a man blameworthy or blameless; or good or bad. Its just a pov and people can be on either side of it in any given lifetime, present life or past life. Also, in POVs, people can agree to disagree.

Such an attitude, i feel, does not depend on whether a person beleives or does not beleive in God.

I do not know if God-believers are free of self-examination, attempts to correct one's own course, or if they feel a psychological inability to own up mistakes or own up responsibility for their actions. Perhaps there are people who are the opposite also. One never knows...

of late mossundararajan.t of the young people are not religious. No religious observances by them. It is something serious.
sundararajan.

One should understand the inflationary levels existing at the present period. Earlier one person's income would have managed the family's monthly expenditure.

School fees, Books, uniforms, day to day expenses for general purposes have increased astronomically. The children must be given a good and sound education.

For this purpose, one person's income is very meagre.

At present, the lifestyle has changed.

Housing, education, travelling mode, working hours in office, grocery items, fuel etc. has increased to a large extent in any part of the country - city or village.
For this, money is required. One person's earning is barely sufficient nowadays.

Added to this is the Education of children.

It is now a business - for getting a young kid's admission to a school, the parents background education and employment are being questioned.

Both husband and wife have to work for leading a normal style of living.

Without any finance, it is very difficult to sustain in the present day world.

Time has come when there is no time even for recreation because of the present inflationary trend.

As such, where is the time for the youngsters to be religious and for religious observances?

Nobody is to be blamed. The circumstances of the present day living is the main reason.

We can extend this argument to everything.

To an atheist, all atheists (that is, people like himself / herself) are wise, good, kind, intelligent, etc. Such people shun anything theist as evil. Just because they are not able to accept thesim also linkable to wise, good, kind, intelligent, etc. In their sub-concious they are Not able to share a 'nice' image with others who are not like themselves.

There Corrected it!

I do not see theists writing here that atheism leads to immorality. On the other hand, it is the atheists who have called theists, if not directly, fools, cheats, immoral etc! All the minor, major propositions about theism are coming from atheists and not the other way around!

கால பைரவன்;107613 said:
There Corrected it!

I do not see theists writing here that atheism leads to immorality. On the other hand, it is the atheists who have called theists, if not directly, fools, cheats, immoral etc! All the minor, major propositions about theism are coming from atheists and not the other way around!

I fully second that view.
I also support HH's post#53 to a great extent, even though we differ on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back