• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduction to Vedic Astrology

What is the use of doing Parikarams suggested by astrologer when original shape position of planets will remain as it is even after parikaram

For any astrological event to fructify, there must first of all a Promise present in the chart. The promises available in a chart are delivered at appropriate Dasha and appropriate Gocharam. In other words, for any result to happen, the Dasha/Antardasha of the particular planet which rules the house from which the result is expected should be there and the house lord be influenced by Transit aspect of planets Jupiter and Saturn. For eg. if we are looking for timing of Marriage in a chart, we should first think about the Dasha/Antar Dasha/Pratyantar Dasha of 7th Lord and Transit aspect (Gocharam) on 7th house or its lord by Saturn and Jupiter. Of course the promise of marriage must be there which is governed by many other rules. So it is a three fold system happening in a systematic way. No remedy (Parikaram) is useful if there is no promise in chart. That way no learned astrologer will suggest any remedy if there is no promise in a chart. In many cases the analysts fails to match the proper Dasha for a promise to get delivered with the Gocharam and unable to find proper timing. In my opinion Parikaram is nothing but is a tool to help one mentally prepared to face eventualities as the results happens by one's own Karma which is reflected in the Main Chart i.e. the birth Chart. What I understand is by doing Parikaram, person is mentally strengthened and he faces the problem with more clear and positive approach( since more confident as he feels that the obstacles now stands removed as he has done the Parikaram) which ultimately guides him towards the goal. As an astrologer, I personally do not suggest any Parikaram, but advice people to submit to their Karma only.

No remedy (Parikaram) is useful if there is no promise in chart. That way no learned astrologer will suggest any remedy if there is no promise in a chart. In many cases the analysts fails to match the proper Dasha for a promise to get delivered with the Gocharam and unable to find proper timing. In my opinion Parikaram is nothing but is a tool to help one mentally prepared to face eventualities as the results happens by one's own Karma which is reflected in the Main Chart i.e. the birth Chart. What I understand is by doing Parikaram, person is mentally strengthened and he faces the problem with more clear and positive approach( since more confident as he feels that the obstacles now stands removed as he has done the Parikaram) which ultimately guides him towards the goal. As an astrologer, I personally do not suggest any Parikaram, but advice people to submit to their Karma only.

Thank you for busting this Myth of "pariharam". It is a con game and perpetuation of superstition.
You are so right.
Superstition is all around us, some are unharmful. Some are like insurance, but if it starts to bother us from day to day activity it can destroy us physically, mentally, and financially.

Thank you for busting this Myth of "pariharam". It is a con game and perpetuation of superstition.
You are so right.
Superstition is all around us, some are unharmful. Some are like insurance, but if it starts to bother us from day to day activity it can destroy us physically, mentally, and financially.

Pariharam is not a con game, nor is it any more superstitious than astrology is. It has it's basis in astrology. In the Brihat Parasara Horasastra, Sage Parasara expatiates upon parihara karmas in detail. This includes recital of Vishnu Sahasranama, Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, offering of a cow/bull in charity etc to alleviate the troubles arising out of difficult dashas and antardashas. There may be many ifs and buts in our ability to perform the pariharam as per the instructions of the Rishi, but that doesn't mean pariharam is a false concept.

Hello every one,

Recently I saw many queries on Muhurta for various occasions on some posts. Here is some guiding tips with which one can broadly decide which Muhurta is suitable for the intended occasion. This is mainly for understanding purpose. You may consult your astrologer with exact details for accurate results.

Panchangam is the basis of any Muhurta. Thithi, Vaaram, Nakshtram, Yogam and Karanam are the 5 ingredients of Panchangam. In addition, Lagnam and Rasi of some planets and also the months also plays important role in deciding appropriate time for a function or occasion.

Last edited:
Varam:- The vaaram or day for astrological calculations as you all know begins at sunrises and lasts till next sunrise. So it is contrary to the normal calendar days we follow which is from mid-night to mid-night. I think I have already explained how days are derived as per hora- Shahstra ( i.e. the ruling hora at sun rise of a particular day makes that day) like Sunday belongs to Soorya (Bhanu) so becomes Bhanuvasaram, Monday Soma vasaram etc. As we know every planets hold certain characteristics, the day we choose for a particular occasion should also indicate or relating to the characteristics of the ruling planet for that particular event.

Let us further examine the importance of days. As already explained, Sunday belongs to Sun, so let us discuss the characteristics of Sun

Sun gives, vitality, immunity, body structure, will power intellect, prosperity wealth, wisdom, vision, conduct,ambition, fame, knowledge medicine, prosperity, etc etc.

Body parts relates to Sun are our spinal system, right eye and right nostril

Now if we choose day for any activity related to any of the above, it will be better if we choose Sunday for a favorable result. But remember it is not the only factor. more to come..

Paul the Octopus did that in 2010 Can Vedic Astrology do that in 2018 FIFA ? Paul got it right 8/8 - Will VA take the challenge?

Probably not! VA has no intention to take or pose any challenge. That's made clear in the initial stages of this thread. Its intention is pure - just spread awareness.

Well, since the question is posed, I consider Uruguay as the strongest contestant to win the Cup - My personal opinion, no astrological reasons..

Continuing with the topic, Monday- Somavara is ruled by the Chandra or Moon. Moon represents mind and related activities. Like creativity, intuitions etc.. considered auspicious for activities like purchase of new clothes, jewelry, and also for conducting marriage etc. Is also considered good for anything related to Mother or maternal relatives. Related body part is left eye.

Let us further examine the importance of days. As already explained, Sunday belongs to Sun, so let us discuss the characteristics of Sun

Sun gives, vitality, immunity, body structure, will power intellect, prosperity wealth, wisdom, vision, conduct,ambition, fame, knowledge medicine, prosperity, etc etc.

Body parts relates to Sun are our spinal system, right eye and right nostril

Now if we choose day for any activity related to any of the above, it will be better if we choose Sunday for a favorable result. But remember it is not the only factor. more to come..

Sir,
In VA, since there is some similarity between the matters concerning Sun and Mars, if a person has 'weak mars' in his chart, can it be counteracted, by a 'strong sun' or vice versa? (at least to some extent)

Hello Sir,

Can you please share your findings on the below.

"effect of 6[SUP]th[/SUP] lords Dasa and planets placed in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house’s Dasa in one’s horoscope".

Thanks,
Srinivas

Sir,
In VA, since there is some similarity between the matters concerning Sun and Mars, if a person has 'weak mars' in his chart, can it be counteracted, by a 'strong sun' or vice versa? (at least to some extent)

Yes there are certain section of astrologers who believes so. But I am yet to come across any text supporting this argument. In my opinion this aspect needs to be co related with the ownership of houses of these planets. More than its personal charecteristics I analyze its position in the chart and the houses it owns.

Hello Sir,

Can you please share your findings on the below.

"effect of 6[SUP]th[/SUP] lords Dasa and planets placed in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house’s Dasa in one’s horoscope".

Thanks,
Srinivas

Good suggestion. Couldn't notice earlier as I am not frequent at this site now a days. Will explain.

6th house mainly represents Debt, litigation, thieves(theft), sorrow and sufferings, Disease, Injuries, obstacles, and in case of body part - Naval region. It is also known as Ari/Ripu bhava means enemy house. In general, we look 6th house to judge most of the( not - 'only' please mind it!) unwelcome happenings in our life. If you consider once career, like one has to become successful in professions like Law, 6th house plays an important role. The houses 6,8 & 12 constitutes the major malefic houses in a chart and their combination with appropriate Dasha and Gocharam pattern could prove lethal for a Person.

However influence of benefice planets on 6th house, its lord could reduce the ill effects to a great extent. Will give you some practical examples in coming posts.

Last edited:
Hi All. Nice thread and 2 years old.

One question to you, does the yogas mean just promises or destiny?? Lord Rama had 5 planets in uccham yet he suffered his whole life.

One question to you, does the yogas mean just promises or destiny?? Lord Rama had 5 planets in uccham yet he suffered his whole life.

Yoga of course is a promise. But only presence of a yoga doesn't ensure delivery of results! I have explained many times earlier in this thread.

Delivery of any promise in a chart is controlled by factors like appropriate Dasha, Antardasha and Gocharam ( Transit aspects of planets). So its a combination of three. Existence of a promise, occurrence of appropriate Dasha at the right time and Transit aspect by planets like Jupiter and Saturn. Unless and until all the three comes in perfect alliance, no promise in a chart will fructify.

Well, about Lord Rams horoscope,I can't say any thing because its beyond my capability as a human. There are different charts being circulated one with Cancer ascendant and another with Leo ascendant. How can any one say any of those are correct?

But will try to respond a part of it. You said, the chart had 5 planets exalted (Uchham). You know all these planets holds lordship of certain houses and delivery of results of those houses are their responsibility. Again aspects and associations of different planets also affects results related to various houses. So some of these planets must be holding lordship of inauspicious houses also. One can easily imagine the effect of an inauspicious lord gets exalted. I think that explains everything. Lord Ram enjoyed extremes of both contentment and suffering in his life.

When Ravana's Son Indrajeet was not yet born, Ravana encaged all the 9 planets in the 11th house of Indrajeet's birth chart so that none of these planets could cause any harm to him and he becomes the undisputed and most powerful demon in all the three worlds and which he did become.But in the end failed . Why was he vanquished in spite of planet positions?

When Ravana's Son Indrajeet was not yet born, Ravana encaged all the 9 planets in the 11th house of Indrajeet's birth chart so that none of these planets could cause any harm to him and he becomes the undisputed and most powerful demon in all the three worlds and which he did become.But in the end failed . Why was he vanquished in spite of planet positions?

Story continues...

On hearing this act of Ravana, Devatas got upset and requested Saturn(Shani) who was tied at 11th house by Ravana to set his foot on the 12th house at the time of his birth, so that the house of death could be influenced. Ravana cut Saturn's foot to prevent this eventuality, enraged, Shani throw his flesh and blood in to the Lagna which formed Gulikan, thus influencing the entire chart....

Even now, many astrologers consider presence of Gulikan in Lagna as highly inauspicious.

Another interesting story on VA follows!

ஜோசியம் பாதி ஹேஷ்யம் மீதி

ஸஹதேவனின் நினைவலைகள் பின்னே சுழன்றன. கட்டுண்ட கண்ணனிடம் தான் கேட்ட வரமும், அப்போது அவன் தந்த வாய்ப்பும், தன் அறியாமையால் அந்த வாய்ப்பை இழந்து, ஐவரை மட்டுமே காப்பாற்ற தான் கேட்ட வரமும், அவன் நினைவுக்கு வந்தன. தான் கற்ற சாஸ்திர அறிவு தன்னைக் காப்பாற்றவில்லை என்பதை ஒரு கணம் உணர்ந்தான்.
”ஊருக்கெல்லாம் ஜோசியமும் ஆருடமும் சொல்ல உதவிய சாஸ்திரம், எனக்குக் கூடப் பிறந்த சகோதரன் இன்னொருவன் இருக்கிறான் என்பதைச் சுட்டிக் காட்டவில்லையே? இதனை நான் கணிக்கத் தவறிவிட்டேனே… இது மாயை. கண்ணன் காட்டும் வழி ஒன்றே மெய். அதுவே உயர்ந்த சாஸ்திரம். இனி எந்த சாஸ்திரமும் வேண்டாம்” என்று கோபத்தில் தன் ஜோதிடச் சுவடிகளை எல்லாம் கிழித்தெறிந்தான். அவற்றில் பல, போர்க்களத் தீயில் விழுந்து அழிந்தன. எஞ்சியவற்றை ஸஹதேவனின் சீடர்கள் எடுத்து, பல வருடங்கள் ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து, விட்டுப் போன பல விஷயங்களை ஊகத்தால் சேர்த்து, ஸஹதேவனின் ஜோதிட சாஸ்திரத்துக்கு மறு உயிர் தந்தார்கள். மறைந்தவை மறைந்தே போயின. அதனால்தான் இன்றும் ஆரூட ஜோஸ்ய சாஸ்திரத்தில் ‘ஜோஸ்யம் பாதி, ஹேஷ்யம் மீதி’ என்று சொல்கிறார்கள்!

https://srinivassharmablog.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/ஜோசியம்-பாதி-ஹேஷ்யம்-மீத/

Take home message

Que Sera, Sera'

Latest ads

Back