• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Insanity" and Self Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a good mix of males

only you latch on to the wrong types or probably your posts attract the serious types .lol

this leads to skirmishes and bad blood . some seniors retire hurt and return again for another round of

engagement.lol

But I am not complaining...I like all types.

The Oldies somehow are the best!LOL

Shunya is actually NOT void. It is actually Whole.

Shunyam and Purnam are verily the same.

Let's take Shunyam..when everything ceases to exists..its is NOT a state of Zero but it is a state that is Whole.

It has the full potential of re-starting yet it is void of activity and perceivable forms.

Its like a seed and a tree..in the seed lies the tree but when do not see the tree..yet can we say the tree does not exists?

Therefore in this state of Shunya lies the Purnam.

The last line enlightening They are one and the same Streching on this why should it be that insane streak be a precondition? Cant it be result of self realization ?

Shirdi Baba's behaviour was seen as that of a Lunatic and had to face stone throws in his early life ! Which is true? Egg or Hen? His streat of insanity first then enlightment or the reverse! - Makes you ponder or wonder!

Last edited:
The last line enlightening They are one and the same Streching on this why should it be that insane streak be a precondition? Cant it be result of self realization ?

Shirdi Baba's behaviour was seen as that of a Lunatic and had to face stone throws in his early life ! Which is true? Egg or Hen? His streat of insanity first then enlightment or the reverse! - Makes you ponder or wonder!

Even Ramakrishna Paramahansa behaved in a very "unusual" manner.

He was moody at times..child like at other times..in fact there was also rumors that he was "insane".

Many Sufi saints and Zen masters too were displaying rather "insane" behavior.

So what is it now?

Realization gives us the Insanity Streak as you wrote?

But what about people like us who are sometimes crazy like hell ..are we realized or we are totally insane?

Confusing!!!!!!

Dear Renu,

Read this episode in the life of Sri Sadasiva Brahmendra, a saint and composer of Carnatic music, a
f
rom Wikipedia,

which shows that many saints were insane according to normal humans!

''Long after all these happened when almost people had forgotten the memories of his wandering in their lands, once the naked sannyasi

was seen walking right through a Muslim harem of a Nawab. As a brahma-jnani who sees nothing but brahman everywhere, he would not

distinguish between the different human figures which cross his path nor would he be distracted by the sights or noises that his environment

may present to him. It was in this state of trance that he was walking along. He, the naked sannyasi, walked straight into the harem, entering

it at one end and walking out at the other all the while walking through a maze of inmates of the Nawab’s harem. The news reached the nawab,

he had his men chase him, they cut off both his hands as he was walking along, the hands fell off and … still he was walking along silently as if

nothing had happened. The Nawab got scared, picked up the hands that had been severed, ran to the Sage and offered them in total remorse.

The sage stopped his walking, the severed hands were restored to their place, the hands became normal and the sage walked away! There was

no conversation.''

Dear Krishji,

These days its mostly males that are serious...you can take a look in Forum itself.

Tell me how many males here are crazy and happy go lucky?

Hardly!

They tend to take life too seriously.

On the other hand female members are driving everyone crazy!LOL

This is Alli Rajyam and not Rama rajyam!!

He was moody at times..child like at other times..in fact there was also rumors that he was "insane".

So what is it now?

But what about people like us who are sometimes crazy like hell ..are we realized or we are totally insane?

Confusing!!!!!!

Enjoy "Holy Fool" - Mad Monk of Russia - Russia's famous Love machine

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...=YUbCUXqaxV_83aPciaRCLg&bvm=bv.82001339,d.c2E

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear
He could preach the Bible like a preacher
Full of ecstacy and fire
But he also was the kind of teacher
Women would desire
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear
He could preach the Bible like a preacher
Full of ecstacy and fire
But he also was the kind of teacher
Women would desire
Ra ra Rasputin
Lover of the Russian Queen
There was a cat that really was gone
Ra ra Rasputin
Russia's greatest love machine
It was a shame how he carried on
He ruled the Russian land and never mind the Czar
But the Kasachok he danced really wunderbar
In all affairs of state he was the man to please
But he was real great when he had a girl to squeeze
For the Queen he was no wheeler dealer
Though she'd heard the things he'd done
She believed he was a holy healer
Who would heal her son
Ra ra Rasputin
Lover of the RussianQueen
There was a cat that really was gone
Ra ra Rasputin
It was a shame how he carried on
{But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger
For power became known to more and more people
The demands to do something about this outrageous
Man became louder and louder}
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
"This man's just got to go!" declared his enemies
But the ladies begged "Don't you try to do it, please"
No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms
Though he was a brute they just fell into his arms
Then one night some men of higher standing
Set a trap, they're not to blame
"Come to visit us" they kept demanding
And he really came
Ra ra Rasputin
Lover of the Russian queen
They put some poison into his wine
Ra ra Rasputin
He drank it all and said "I feel fine"
Ra ra Rasputin
Lover of the Russian Queen
They didn't quit, they wanted his head
Ra ra Rasputin
And so they shot him till he was dead
{Oh, those Russians}

Songwriters
JAY, FRED / REYAM, GEORGE / FARIAN, FRA

Read more: Boney M. - Rasputin Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited:
Enjoy "Holy Fool" - Mad Monk of Russia - Russia's famous Love machine

I love this song!

I used to love Boney M.

Their songs were indeed catchy and they had very good voices.

African Americans tend to have very rich and superb voices.

I feel they should try a shot at Carnatic Music too.

Whose knows we could even have a Carnactic Music African American Diva that ruled the world like a Michael Jackson!

Dear Renu,

Read this episode in the life of Sri Sadasiva Brahmendra, a saint and composer of Carnatic music, a
f
rom Wikipedia,

which shows that many saints were insane according to normal humans!

dear RR ji,

I remember reading a similar story of a Sufi saint.

Anyway males of the past who were enlightened seemed to display some amount of insane streaks..so for 2015 we should not hold back...its times for females to display their insane side!LOL

I do not know if insane ladies are admired.

However bhadrakali is worshipped and feared by all males.to be a look alike,ladies need to stick their red tongues out, hold

sheared heads of men in their hand and look ferocious

Would any lady aspire to be one in 2015

I do not know if insane ladies are admired.

However bhadrakali is worshipped and feared by all males.to be a look alike,ladies need to stick their red tongues out, hold

sheared heads of men in their hand and look ferocious

Would any lady aspire to be one in 2015

We rather be a Praying Mantis..I think you know what a female Praying Mantis does to a male Praying Mantis!LOL

Avvaiyaar might have been considered insane by others because when girls of her age were awaiting their wedding

and new turn in their lives, she wanted Lord Vinayaka to bestow her with old age! :(

we are tamils. we like avvaiyar. I like 'gnana pazhathai pizhikara lady

I am tamil But I enjoy Kamala Das Suriya of Kerala of "My Story" You can always see insane steaks in her writings frank specially when her topic is sex I donot like to be censored or censured You can read her books youself If I drag some of her writings it will face the same fate that of Jokes AO We need not be prudish to discuss her writing! Renuka what do you say!

Last edited:
madam jj ji
I have read the works of kamala das, one of the few liberated writers from kerala.

her writings have raised a lot of furore. most ladies do not like her views on sex or feminism

no way can she be termed insane . only a little open and unconventional.

times have changed . society is more open now.

how many have read her books is open to question

madam jj ji
I have read the works of kamala das, one of the few liberated writers from kerala.

her writings have raised a lot of furore. most ladies do not like her views on sex or feminism

no way can she be termed insane . only a little open and unconventional.

times have changed . society is more open now.

how many have read her books is open to question

Yes you can blush and turn pink Green with envy the she writies But should not be angry and go livid! Is this audiance ready?

I am tamil But I enjoy Kamala Das Suriya of Kerala of "My Story" You can always see insane steaks in her writings frank specially when her topic is sex I donot like to be censored or censured You can read her books youself If I drag some of her writings it will face the same fate that of Jokes AO We need not be prudish to discuss her writing! Renuka what do you say!

Dear JJ ji,

I agree with you..why be prudish? Its boring!

I somehow feel a woman writer is always better than a male writer when the topic covers sex.

A female writer will have more passion and fantasy in her writing spiced with emotions.

A male writer on the other hand might sound like a serial rapist!LOL

I somehow feel most females are afraid to be themselves becos of social and cultural conditioning.

But times are changing...Yahan Kal Kya Ho Kisne Jaana.

Last edited:

So what is it now?

Confusing!!!!!!

Look at it this way Realization and insanity always coexists in equalibrium But whe one is in "Lucid Period" the other is seen easily - When moon goes up you donot see the Sun and no moon when sun is up! More confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back