• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India dirtiest and filthiest: Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have huge respect for ramesh. he is among the better read and thinking person, in that UPA crowd.

that he is disgusted by fellow desis pooing and peeing while holding on to their cell phones is surprising. i notice that there is the word 'go out'.

does that mean, in open space? if so, then it is the fault of the government. after 60 years of independence, we are nowhere providing for even 50% of our population with running water, flush toilet and closed drainages. so, i think, ramesh should be ashamed of his government inability to 'deliver' such basic needs.

btw, afaik, it is common practice here in the west, to take the book or the newspaper, while perched on the crapper. nobody complains about it. though i am yet to hear any comments on cell phone speak during one of the most pleasurable acts experienced by humans :)

i have huge respect for ramesh. he is among the better read and thinking person, in that UPA crowd.

that he is disgusted by fellow desis pooing and peeing while holding on to their cell phones is surprising. i notice that there is the word 'go out'.

does that mean, in open space? if so, then it is the fault of the government. after 60 years of independence, we are nowhere providing for even 50% of our population with running water, flush toilet and closed drainages. so, i think, ramesh should be ashamed of his government inability to 'deliver' such basic needs.

btw, afaik, it is common practice here in the west, to take the book or the newspaper, while perched on the crapper. nobody complains about it. though i am yet to hear any comments on cell phone speak during one of the most pleasurable acts experienced by humans :)

I am ashamed. He goes on and explains it further.

"He said around 65 per cent of rural houses had been provided with toilets but didn't use them. "Today, if you go to many parts of India, you have women with a mobile phone going out to answer the call of nature. I mean it is paradoxical," the minister, who also holds charge of sanitation, said at an event here."You have a mobile phone and you don't have a toilet. When you have a toilet, you don't use the toilet... (but) use it as a godown."

I have seen even educated people using the latrine to dump unwanted things if there is some facility for defecating in open space, of course, outside their compound. And when someone has some stomach problem, then the bathroom is used as toilet, temporarily, for that person alone!

We all can find the fault. How do we change the social practice, where Hazare? If the moral fiber is weak, passing laws is not going to change the society.

I have seen even educated people using the latrine to dump unwanted things if there is some facility for defecating in open space, of course, outside their compound. And when someone has some stomach problem, then the bathroom is used as toilet, temporarily, for that person alone!

atleast men, we have that option re doing our business in public.

i really feel sorry for the women in india. both rich and poor.

for the rich, if they are trapped with a physical need, while travelling or simply out of their home, they just have to bear it and suffer.

for the poor, it is even worse. with the increasing build up of chennai, gone are the bush corners where one could find some privacy.

very sad.

atleast men, we have that option re doing our business in public.

i really feel sorry for the women in india. both rich and poor.

for the rich, if they are trapped with a physical need, while travelling or simply out of their home, they just have to bear it and suffer.

for the poor, it is even worse. with the increasing build up of chennai, gone are the bush corners where one could find some privacy.

very sad.

Really, Do we sympathies with them, according to Ramesh they were provided with latrine, but people still do not use it. I think it is a social education problem.
I do agree with you on the problem of facilities on the road. It is bad. On Delhi-Jaipur road there are nice clean facilities called Midway. I understand in Gujarat there are equally good facilities.

In this connection I would like to appreciate Amma .Recently She has announced distribution of sanitary Napkins to rural women,Also announced water availbility ,public toilets in rural etc.
Alwan

India will be the dirtiest country as long as there is no attitudinal change in our public mind. Politicians can only give political and civil sermons and Min. Ramesh is no exception. Whatever efforts made, the sheer population number will defeat the purpose. If any of you know Mumbai CST, the whole half of CST area should be made a urinal facility. The conditions will be worse in pouring rainy seasons. If the public will, things can change. Or there should be scientific or medical help to do away with excretions and urinations from body system!

I will blame the sanitation authorities for the pathetic situation. I am frequent traveller and mostly travel by Govt bus within Tamilnadu. The busses stop at a private place where the MRP has no Value and there is no question of hygiene. They charge for the urinals but it is better not to go inside. I prefer to use the road corner rather than the paid urinals because I cant stand the stench. As a good person I would like to use the closed urinals but I am unable to do it, as the other alternative I will have is, not to attend to the nature call which most of you will agree is very difficult and not healthy.
Hope the forum members do not blame me for this.

Last edited:
Yes Sir, you are right. There is no proper planning and anticipation of future requirements. They plan once, get sanction later and 'after creating enough elbow room' the work starts to defeat its own purpose. I think TN beats all the states thanks to 'thozharkal', and Chennai is the 'Capital' rightly?!

iyya,

i have seen chennai recently. i do not remember it being this dirty.about 10 years ago, with stalin the mayor, i used to find armies of cleaners trooping in the streets with their brushes and handcart. i was told all that but disappeared when amma came to power the last time.

now that we have a new mayor, let us see what he does. ...hope springs eternally in the human breast. no? :)

we need more cuckoose - period and cleaned one at that.i was stumped when i came to usa.the first access is to a cuckoose aka rest rooms.why we dont ape the west in this matter is bhayangara tension for me and i am stressed about it.

Kunjappu Sir - I think you had a guided tour. நகர முக்கிய தெருக்களில், சௌகார்பேட்டை போன்ற இடங்களில், விவேக் சொல்வது போல் வடாம் புழிந்து வைத்துவிடுகிறார்கள். நகராட்சி அவர்களை எதிர்த்தால் வாக்குசீட்டு கிடைக்காது. எங்கிருந்து எங்கு தாண்டலாம் சொல்லுங்க. In democracy if people change the government would automatically change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back