• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

In defence of the week-end/wannabe Brahmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, I really appreciate your post. We don't have a lot of active women posters. There have been some wonderful members like Revathi and now Megh. The problem is time, women generally have to juggle many more things than we men. This, I am sure, is the reason we don't see Revathi more regularly. Hope Megh finds time to remain active.

We do have Renu, RR and VR, I appreciate their participation, but Happy brings a completely different perspective, a critically scholarly one. She introduced me to some really incisive scholarly research for which I can't thank her enough.

Happy, your presence in the forum adds value. Don't stay away from the forum because of detractors who stand exposed as dishonest. You will always have friends here.

Cheers!

Dear Nara anna,

No one is actually missing from Forum..all of us are right here only!!!
All of us are Showers of various Clouds here.

Last edited:

What does it give apart form the exclusivety? The kind of discussions that will take place will most likely be conservative in nature and does not look at anything beyond what we know already and beyond what has been accepted.

Mr Praveen, thanks to indicate a lead here.

Why can't we initiate some thoughts to make the website more attractive and effective, and innovative so that it can attract different type of people. There should be some thing for all in the site.

Why can't we start discussing?.This will help to come out from the present " Koondukkleye kuthirai ottuvathu.."

regards

i edited out the last 2 posts by shivkc and hh.

I am disappointed that Shivkc would want to repeat what is becoming a constant issue.

As i have said many times over, i dont think it is a right idea to be an exclusive brahmins forum. What does it give apart form the exclusivety? The kind of discussions that will take place will most likely be conservative in nature and does not look at anything beyond what we know already and beyond what has been accepted. We need to keep an open mind and talk beyond the norm/tradition.

If members cannot do that, please refrain from participating. You do not have to participate for the heck of it and start getting involved into a mudslinging competition.

Mr.Praveen,

You are right. You have clearly stated many a times that this forum is not only to just share knowledge in vivid subjects, but to bring in reformation in Bhrahminism..

Just a suggestion, if you are not mistaken..

Why don’t you straight away remove a post, though it's not abusive/offending, that is focusing on contradicting the reformation ideas? I think, this way, we members would not have any disappointments of missing our loved ones and or having found them being hurt.

Else, you may have two separate sections. One for the members to talk about reforming the systems/belief etc and the other for the members to glorify and sustain the existing practices...This way there would not be any clash among members. And any one can wish to have a look into both sections, but refrain from posting under a wrong section.

Why can't we initiate some thoughts to make the website more attractive and effective, and innovative so that it can attract different type of people. There should be some thing for all in the site.
I am all ears! :)

Why don’t you straight away remove a post, though it's not abusive/offending, that is focusing on contradicting the reformation ideas? I think, this way, we members would not have any disappointments of missing our loved ones and or having found them being hurt.

Else, you may have two separate sections. One for the members to talk about reforming the systems/belief etc and the other for the members to glorify and sustain the existing practices...This way there would not be any clash among members. And any one can wish to have a look into both sections, but refrain from posting under a wrong section.

Thats a valid point. The problem i am not here 24/7. So by the time i am alerted to something or i notice something, there is already 2-3 pages of discussion happening, so i let it be and edit only those that need to be edited.

The task of re-organizing the sections is there on my mind. I just have to sit down one day and sort it out :) Hopefully very soon :)

I am all ears! :)

Thats a valid point. The problem i am not here 24/7. So by the time i am alerted to something or i notice something, there is already 2-3 pages of discussion happening, so i let it be and edit only those that need to be edited.

The task of re-organizing the sections is there on my mind. I just have to sit down one day and sort it out :) Hopefully very soon :)

not sure if that will work praveen.

because all we need is one dissenting post, to set off a chain. right now, we have many many posts, where there is no controversy. some are information given or seeking, and others want clarifications or help.

i think posts that generate heat are a welcome ingredient to an otherwise insipid avial.

Dear Praveen,

You are truly doing a service to all here.I really sympathize with you sometimes.Your job is truly not easy.

take care
renu

Ravi, I know I am butting in here, and for that I apologize, but, if I may be permitted this intrusion, I don't understand why ideas in favor or against reformation should hurt anybody. Please note, the objection is not to the ideas themselves, but to personal attacks. These attacks must be opposed by all of us irrespective of who is doing it.

A corollary to this is, if anyone takes hurt by just reading some ideas presented in a way free of any personal innuendos or open attack, then we must refrain from the urge to come to their defense and let them go and nurse their hurt feelings.

Ravi, we already have lots of forums where opposition to tradition is not permitted. The general forum is an open forum. I think people who get hurt in this general forum just by reading ideas they don't agree with must not be pampered, that will only encourage them to lower their threshold for getting hurt even further.

Cheers!

"Ravi, we already have lots of forums where opposition to tradition is not permitted. The general forum is an open forum. I think people who get hurt in this general forum just by reading ideas they don't agree with must not be pampered, that will only encourage them to lower their threshold for getting hurt even further"--Nara said.

Amen.

Ravi, I know I am butting in here, and for that I apologize, but, if I may be permitted this intrusion, I don't understand why ideas in favor or against reformation should hurt anybody. Please note, the objection is not to the ideas themselves, but to personal attacks. These attacks must be opposed by all of us irrespective of who is doing it.

A corollary to this is, if anyone takes hurt by just reading some ideas presented in a way free of any personal innuendos or open attack, then we must refrain from the urge to come to their defense and let them go and nurse their hurt feelings.

Ravi, we already have lots of forums where opposition to tradition is not permitted. The general forum is an open forum. I think people who get hurt in this general forum just by reading ideas they don't agree with must not be pampered, that will only encourage them to lower their threshold for getting hurt even further.

Cheers!

Sri Nara,

I am of the same opinion..Ditto.

My idea was to help Mr.Praveen. We could understand and make understand others a lot as how to keep this forum free from unwanted/destructive heat. But still, I feel, it's never been fructified.

hi ,
some simple suggestions....if we like to participate some topics...DO IT IN A GENTLEMAN MANNER....otherwise just a silent reader...

no need to arguments/hurts others feelings....keep silence..many times i personally cannot digest certain topic...i keep mum..

i never open my mouth...even in my home too...this is public forum....many flowers in a single thread garland... some flowers

are beautiful and with good smell...some are for just show/decroate the garland....may not be good in sense... but its a must in

garland....i really appreciate GENTLEMAN PRAVEEN for his patience in his young age....we are well educated and some matured...

but we are not behaving like gentleman....KUDOS TO PRAVEEN...

regards
tbs

Dear Praveen,

Many thanks...

Best wishes.

Dear Nara sir and Kunjuppu sir,

Surely will participate in the forum as and when i have the time.

Thanks and best wishes.

Mr.Praveen,

my inputs about what members have said here:

You are right. You have clearly stated many a times that this forum is not only to just share knowledge in vivid subjects, but to bring in reformation in Bhrahminism..

First we have not even defined Brahminism here. How do we speak about reforms? I do not know what Mr. Ravi has in mind.

Just a suggestion, if you are not mistaken..

Reformation ideas are not holy cows. Even reformists may oppose some of the reformist ideas. This suggestion to Mr. Praveen is to opt for some sort of moral policing here. Mr. Praveen can spend his time more usefully. Missing loved ones and finding them hurt are not the exclusive pain of reformists alone. The wannabes are as much hurt as the reformists.

people with counter points come here to record them because they think they too have a point or two of relevance. If this suggestion is accepted then it will be like saying in one thread Rose is pink and beautiful and every body echoing 'yes rose is beautiful' yes rose is pink'. If some one has to point out that there are thorns also and one has to be careful He will have to open another thread and say 'there are thorns also' and every one with that view coming and saying 'yes thorns are there'. What a funny situation willm it be?

I believe the problem here is not one of having divergent ideas. It is rather the inability to look at the ideas as ideas alone. Individuals are uanble to detach themselves from the ideas they express here. It is as if they are very passionate about the ideas without realising that the very same ideas may look stale after sometime as the owners evolve.

My suggestion to Praveen is to leave the discussion format as they are. There is enough scope for arguments and counters and that makes this interesting and educative. The look and feel can be improved further.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back