• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Importance of the number 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
பதினெட்டு ... 18
இந்த பதினெட்டு எனும் எண்ணுக்கு எத்துனை சிறப்புக்கள் .
போற்றுதலுக்கு உரிய கீதையின் அத்தியாயங்கள் பதினெட்டு
வியாசர் எழுதிய புராணங்கள் பதினெட்டு
ஞான சாத்திரங்களை " பதினெண் கீழ்கணக்கு" என வகுக்கப்பட்டது பதினெட்டு
குறிஞ்சிக் கடவுள் முருகனுக்கு ஒரு பெயர் பதினெண் கண்ணன்
சிவகணங்கள் பதினெட்டு
சித்தர்கள் பதினெண் சித்தர்கள் என பதினெட்டு
பதினெண் குற்றங்கள்
பதினெண் மொழி
பதினெண் பூமி
பதினெண் குடிமக்கள்
பதினெட்டாம் படி கருப்பன்
ஆடிப் பெருக்கு பதினெட்டாம் பெருக்கு
அய்யப்ப சாமி படிகள் பதினெட்டு
----- ------------ ----------
பதினெட்டு குணங்கள்
?? அறியப்பட வேண்டியன ..
தானம் , தவம் , வேள்வி , தர்மம்,,யோகம் ,பக்தி ,வானம், பொருள் ,சாந்தி , சத்தியம் ,அருள் ,மௌனம் , நிலை , சாகாமற் சாவு ,அறிவு ,துறவு , வீடு , இன்பம்
......... கூறியவர் பகவான் ரமணா

தொடரட்டும்

நன்று உறைத்தீர்
அன்புள்ள ஆர்வி அவர்களே
திருப்பதிக்கு லட்டு . தாழ்த்தும் என் தலையே

பதினெண் குடிமக்கள்

பதினெண் குடிமக்கள் - Is this something related to 18 Village vathimas. I am curious because I am one of them !

Ramamurthy Kunchitha Patham Iyer

You are correct. Pathinettu Patti is most common in Tamilnadu and Pathinettu Gramam has the same meaning. Pathinettu Gramathu Vathimal probably has come from that only.

In Tamil `Mei Ezhuthukal' Pathinettu.

You left the most important one.
There were 18 Aazhwaars.
who are they?
where were they are born?
What is the greatness of them?

You left the most important one.
There were 18 Aazhwaars.
who are they?
where were they are born?
What is the greatness of them?

There are only twelve Azhwars to the best of my knowledge. It there any other theory that there are eighteen Azhwars.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Sir
Many may not be familiar with padinenmelkanakku Paththuppaattu and ettuththogai are called padinen mel kanakku(10plus8)
The kurushethra war lasted for 18 days
the battle array was arranged as 7 akhoni by pandavas and 11 by kowravas totalling 18.
Srimad ramanujar went to his acharya 18 times to grasp the maha manthra
It seems Adhi sankara read the samhithais 18 times before he attempted a commentary on vedas.
I learn that the upapuranas also are 18.
I am very thankful to the thought provoking thread sir .

It is `Pathinenkizhkanakku' and not `Pathinenmelkanakku'

All the best

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Last edited:
Dear sir
Padinenkeezkanakku isdifferent and the less familiar name of padinenmel kanakku denote paththuppaattu and ettuththogai.
Padinenkeezhkanakku is thirukkural thirikadugam asarakkovai, pazamozhi sirupancha moolam, mudumozikkanchi eladhi kainnilai etc
Generally the melkanakku is not known by that name. That is why just to clarrify and create and share the interest i just mentioned that it is not that familiar.
thank you.

I know about Pathu Pattu and Ettu Thogai but I haven't heard that both put together is Pathinenmel Kanakku. Thanks for your information.

All the best

I know about Pathu Pattu and Ettu Thogai but I haven't heard that both put together is Pathinenmel Kanakku. Thanks for your information.

All the best

hi RV sir,
ASTHADASA PURANESHU VYASYA VACHANA DVAYAM
PAROPAKARA PUNYAYA PAPAYA PARAPEEDANAM..

means in 18 puranas..sage vyasa's 2 main words..
helping others will get punya...harming others
will get papa....so 18 puranas are important...

regards
tbs

A person attains the position of `Major' only at the age of eighteen as per Indian Constituiotion and is eligible for all the rights including voting.

Chinese consider eighteen as lucky number

Halo to every one.
if i am correct bharatha yudham was also for 18 days.
gajini invaded india 18 times still hinduisim is there.
sundaram

I think each number has its own importance and we can provide examples going on... For example, taking seven

Seven seas
Seven rishis
Seven chandas
Seven mathrukas
Seven vidanga sthalams
Seven Sthana sthalams

Like this we can go on... Anyhow thanks for all sharing the pride of 18. One thing I never forget is AADI 18. We can eat lot of chitrannams, which are my alltime favourite.
Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back