• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IIT-Kanpur student wins Uninor contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIT-Kanpur student wins Uninor contest

LUCKNOW: Telecom major Uninor has chosen a student of IIT Kanpur as the winner of circle finale from UP East for his idea to save lives of road accident victims through a 'life-saver' mobile app which can help in bringing instant medical help on the spot.

The application would enable the victim to get easy and immediate access to medical care through mobile internet. The winner, Vinay Kumar will represent the circle at the national finals at Delhi in mid-October. Two winners of the finals will win seats at the the Telenor Youth Summit 2014 to be held in Oslo, Norway.

Uninor had launched 'internet for All (IFA) challenge 2014' to invite people in the age group of 18-25 to send in their ideas to make internet a better place. It called for ideas to use technology innovatively and find solutions to social needs, empower society, drive inclusive growth and promote peace across globe. Upanga Dutta, circle business head for UP East said, "I would like to thank all the participants who came up with such innovations. We received over 50 entries with brilliant ideas out of which it was difficult to select the top five ideas. We wish good luck to the final winner."

Apart from the award to winner, certificates of participation were extended to the other four finalists. Vinay Kumar said, "I am geared-up for the next round which will take place in Delhi. I would like to thank Uninor for providing such a fair and useful platform to me."

IIT-Kanpur student wins Uninor contest - The Times of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back