• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideal Body Weight Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not be suitable since once would not be able to differentiate between muscle weight and weight from fat. There are other calc available online that require waist measurement for men in addition to their height, weight and age.

For females, waist, hip, arms and wrist are required.

Some even require neck measurement (for both males and females).

This post is just for info.

This Calculator gives some basic idea about our ideal weight according to Height, gender, and Age.

This is not for calculating "IDEAL BODY WEIGHT" based on Gender, Age, Height.

It is about Body Fat.

Please post some other Calculator to find out "THE IDEAL BODY WEIGHT" based on Gender, Age, and Height.

Please dont get upset. The title of the thread says "Ideal body weight calculator". It does not say the basis and hence any approach should be ok. Even in the OP, nothing is specified.

What I posted is very much related to the "ideal way" of monitoring weight...

I was merely pointing out the caution to be had while using such tools, but it seems that you dont take such suggestions in a positive way. I have nothing more to say on this topic.

Last edited:
Please dont get upset. The title of the thread says "Ideal body weight calculator". It does not say the basis and hence any approach should be ok. Even in the OP, nothing is specified.

What I posted is very much related to the "ideal way" of monitoring weight...

I was merely pointing out the caution to be had while using such tools, but it seems that you dont take such suggestions in a positive way. I have nothing more to say on this topic.

I think you should be more positive. I never post any negative subjects, and never criticize any threads.

Go through your threads.

This is what you said

"This may not be suitable since once would not be able to differentiate between muscle weight and weight from fat. There are other calc available online that require waist measurement for men in addition to their height, weight and age.

For females, waist, hip, arms and wrist are required.

Some even require neck measurement (for both males and females)."

So i wanted you to share such a Body Weight Calculator from whatever source you know for the benefit of members; what you posted is for only measuring FAT.

When i pointed out this, you say i am not Positive!!!

You were never so agitated when you replied to my threads.

Last edited:
Sir, there is no "ideal" weight for anybody. For the same age, gender and height, there could be persons of varying weights and both could be healthy. It all depends on the muscle mass and body fat %. This could only be verified through certain body part measurements. And so, I said what I said so that people should not be misled into thinking that there should be an "ideal" weight.

When I pointed this out, you seem to be perturbed, (at least I thought so since you started writing in bold !).

what you posted is for only measuring FAT.
With respect sir, you dont seem to understand the fundamentals between body fat % and BMI but started to voice that it is not correct.

BMI is a very general guide and body fat % would tell how much of the weight is fat and muscle. The healthier option would definitely be the lesser fat option (but not below the minimum fat required).

So i wanted you to share such a Body Weight Calculator from whatever source you know for the benefit of members;
I would post if I feel that I should post and would decide the content; I thought this is implied, and that you would understand. All that one has to do is to google !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back