• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Humble man but a great soul, Venkatraman stands tall for his selflessness -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venkatraman, lives in Erode, a town that lies about 400 km south west of Chennai. He has been running a small eatery in the town since last eight years.

He is not a wealthy man and has no other business. Like most of us, he has a family to look after. His wife is a yoga teacher and both his daughters are in college. He has little savings.

One would expect a man like him to constantly think of ways to develop his business and make more money. That’s what ‘normal’ people would have done anyway.

But 49-year-old Venkatraman is a different kind of person. He has no such worries. His only concern is to see how he could continue with the Lunch @ Re 1 scheme at his hotel.

For over four years, Venkatraman has been giving lunch every day for about thirty persons at his hotel for just Re 1. The beneficiaries are mostly attendants of poor in-patients from the nearby Government General Hospital, who pay just Re 1 for a meal that is priced at Rs 40 for other customers.

Venkatraman may have served at least 40,000 Re 1 meals till date. The prices of food grains, oil, spices and vegetables have gone up many times in the last four years, but the one rupee lunch has remained unaffected.

dec29-11-leadkitchen.jpg
Venkatraman ensures that the poor get the same meal that his other customers get for Rs 40

“For other customers, the price has been revised. Four years ago, the cost of a lunch at our hotel was Rs 25; now it is Rs 40,” says Venkatraman, who also gives a 20 percent discount for the disabled.

Though he is facing financial difficulties, Venkatraman receives solace from the ‘divine blessings’.

“I have the full support of my family in whatever I am doing. My second daughter scored 1085 marks (out of 1200) in her Plus 2 exam. We were unable to admit her in engineering college because we could not afford the fees. But thanks to a person in Ramakrishna Math, she got a seat in a reputed engineering college in Chennai. The management has also given her a fee waiver.

“I have reasons to believe that such good things have happened in my life because of the small acts of service to the poor I have been doing. It gives me great satisfaction,” says Venkatraman.

May the likes of Venkatraman increase in this land.
-

Humble man but a great soul, Venkatraman stands tall for his selflessness | Heroism | Editor, TWL

Venkatraman, lives in Erode, a town that lies about 400 km south west of Chennai. He has been running a small eatery in the town since last eight years.

He is not a wealthy man and has no other business. Like most of us, he has a family to look after. His wife is a yoga teacher and both his daughters are in college. He has little savings.

One would expect a man like him to constantly think of ways to develop his business and make more money. That’s what ‘normal’ people would have done anyway.

But 49-year-old Venkatraman is a different kind of person. He has no such worries. His only concern is to see how he could continue with the Lunch @ Re 1 scheme at his hotel.

For over four years, Venkatraman has been giving lunch every day for about thirty persons at his hotel for just Re 1. The beneficiaries are mostly attendants of poor in-patients from the nearby Government General Hospital, who pay just Re 1 for a meal that is priced at Rs 40 for other customers.

Venkatraman may have served at least 40,000 Re 1 meals till date. The prices of food grains, oil, spices and vegetables have gone up many times in the last four years, but the one rupee lunch has remained unaffected.

dec29-11-leadkitchen.jpg
Venkatraman ensures that the poor get the same meal that his other customers get for Rs 40

“For other customers, the price has been revised. Four years ago, the cost of a lunch at our hotel was Rs 25; now it is Rs 40,” says Venkatraman, who also gives a 20 percent discount for the disabled.

Though he is facing financial difficulties, Venkatraman receives solace from the ‘divine blessings’.

“I have the full support of my family in whatever I am doing. My second daughter scored 1085 marks (out of 1200) in her Plus 2 exam. We were unable to admit her in engineering college because we could not afford the fees. But thanks to a person in Ramakrishna Math, she got a seat in a reputed engineering college in Chennai. The management has also given her a fee waiver.

“I have reasons to believe that such good things have happened in my life because of the small acts of service to the poor I have been doing. It gives me great satisfaction,” says Venkatraman.

May the likes of Venkatraman increase in this land.
-

Humble man but a great soul, Venkatraman stands tall for his selflessness | Heroism | Editor, TWL

His good deed has been rewarded immediately, see! Otherwise can one expect fee waiver in engineering college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back