• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How will pariharams work when.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

kameshratnam

No, i guess Sri Sarang has not understood my view point. I am prepared to go to the doctor and also take his medicines but the doctor is not paying attention to me and he seems to be having no respect for the work he is doing. In tamizh we say YENO DANO velai. That is how it is.

sarang

Either trust your doctor or change the doctor. You seem to blame all the doctors and the entire medical profession. That is not fair.

My experience is even if the vathiyar initially seems inattentive and slipshod, my interest and devotion warms him up and he does the whole ceremony with more shraddha and completeness.

Even vathiyars have to compete with competition from othe sects - shaiva, vaishnava and madhva - and of course e-vathiyars.

Before start tell him why and how you want a perfect and total ceremony. And be generous in dakshina. If we want the tradition and vathiyar profession to survive, positive action is necessary.

No, i guess Sri Sarang has not understood my view point. I am prepared to go to the doctor and also take his medicines but the doctor is not paying attention to me and he seems to be having no respect for the work he is doing. In tamizh we say YENO DANO velai. That is how it is.

im sorry..sir...but what exactly do you mean by saying that a DOCTOR has no respect for the work he is doing???Has any doctor prescribed you the wrong medicines?Has any doctor brought you to a near death condition?Has any of these conditions been brought to you by a doctor?then how can you even think of blaming a doctor...On the other hand a vaathiyar..he has been a cause for people's devotion to maybe drop..he is a part of the effects if the prayer or pooja is done wrongly...if he loses his concentration and starts saying something else the whole purpose is gone..So i don't think a doctor can in anyways be compared to a vaathiyar's lack of concentration...

Either trust your doctor or change the doctor. You seem to blame all the doctors and the entire medical profession. That is not fair.My experience is even if the vathiyar initially seems inattentive and slipshod, my interest and devotion warms him up and he does the whole ceremony with more shraddha and completeness.Even vathiyars have to compete with competition from othe sects - shaiva, vaishnava and madhva - and of course e-vathiyars.Before start tell him why and how you want a perfect and total ceremony. And be generous in dakshina. If we want the tradition and vathiyar profession to survive, positive action is necessary.
exactly..that's a great option...to explain to the vaathiyar as to how we want it to be...and what is it for and the like...maybe they'd do much better that way..:)...

ozone

Most vadyars can gauge your expectations and commitment from your engagement in the sankalpam itself. If they find you sincere and engaged, they often reciprocate and even get motivated.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
When I am with patients and my handphone rings I take a quick glance at it and I just pick it up and tell the person I am with a patient and will call them back.
I never ignore any calls cos some could even be emergency calls from family and near and dear ones.
If I am gloved and unable to take the call, I ask my staff to answer the handphone.
If the consultation room phones ring,I ask my staff to attend to it and answer the call if needed cos sometimes some patient could be wanting to know something urgent.

But I still could never forget once my hand phone rang( I forgot to switch it off) while I was giving expert evidence in court and I apologized profusely to the judge but thank god he was cool and told me he wouldn't mind me answering it in case it was some emergency for me.

When I am with patients and my handphone rings I take a quick glance at it and I just pick it up and tell the person I am with a patient and will call them back.I never ignore any calls cos some could even be emergency calls from family and near and dear ones.If I am gloved and unable to take the call, I ask my staff to answer the handphone.If the consultation room phones ring,I ask my staff to attend to it and answer the call if needed cos sometimes some patient could be wanting to know something urgent.But I still could never forget once my hand phone rang( I forgot to switch it off) while I was giving expert evidence in court and I apologized profusely to the judge but thank god he was cool and told me he wouldn't mind me answering it in case it was some emergency for me.
Xactly...and that's perfectly how all doctors are...since that's our ethics:):):)

wrongan

All parikaarams of present day either in famous temples or performed in home is only for the welfare of the vaathiyar or kurukkal and not not for the benefit of the doer (kartha)

OP
OP
K

kameshratnam

I am willing to spend money and i have spent money and to how many temples and vadhyars should i go to? Every time i do it i think at least this vadhyar would be religious enough to do it without interruptions but till now NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks