• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to help the Indian poor - One method

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

A handout is good, a hand-up is even better.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] While donations in the form of charity can create great impact, they have a relatively short life-span. By giving someone a loan, you’re giving them a hand up. You’re encouraging borrowers to be judicious and enterprising. Moreover, the same amount that you lend to a borrower can be repeatedly used to fund more borrowers as soon as it is fully repaid. That's how a small amount of money goes a long, long way.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I came across this site. I am serious. I want the opinion of this organization from others, who have done some research.

[/FONT]
Milaap | Loan a Little. Change a Lot. Microfinance in India. Kiva for India. Water, Sanitation, Education and Energy. Help India. Basic services to the poor.

Hi Prasad,

yes, the best way is to develop the entreprenuer culture among the poor by giving them loans, & skills !!!. this way, they can build a future for themselves & also for many others.

The following site gives all the NGOs working in south india by city. you can check their website, correspond & talk to them.

www.southindianngos.org/ngofind.asp?tp=1&st=

Cheers,
JK

The website you have provided while they are doing yeoman service, they are spread out all over India, the impact is spread out & not significant.

My suggestion is for people to contribute to their city/ town from their origin & make a visible difference. thats why I have provided by city the NGOs in south india.

The website you have provided while they are doing yeoman service, they are spread out all over India, the impact is spread out & not significant.

My suggestion is for people to contribute to their city/ town from their origin & make a visible difference. thats why I have provided by city the NGOs in south india.
Mr. Jk the weblink does not work. The southindinngos.org is nothing more than a list with the coordinators name. I can do google search, but I wanted members to write about organization they are passionate and know about it.
But thanks for responding.

Learning from Barefoot movement and Barefoot college ...

Here is a TED talk - a riveting 19 minutes..

My view is that word charity should be considered a bad word.
We do not own anything - we are fortunate to be caretakers for a small time based on our initial conditions (out of our control) and our initiatives (in our control).

It is because of people who are in unfortunate situation that those who are privileged are able to exercise their free will to do something thereby earning a sense of satisfaction and purpose in life.

The people in unorganized sector are actually brilliant consistent with law of averages and are as bright as any of us in a statistical sense.

So approaching the opportunity to make a difference has to be taken up with utmost respect in my view.

This brief talk in my view shows what can be accomplished by the support of a few people.

Bunker Roy: Learning from a barefoot movement | Video on TED.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back