• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

how to find my specific 'thread;'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir,

Did you try 'search' option given in the opening page of this forum? (below What's New?)

Typing the correct title of the thread might give the result. Please try.

Please use the search function for locating specific threads. There is no other way out for this.

As to the picture, there are 2 pictures that can be uploaded.

1. Avatar
2. Profile picture

what you have uploaded is the profile picture that can be seen when someone views your profile http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/member.php?u=13979

In order for people to see the picture while you post a reply/topic, please upload it as an avatar pic here http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

I think there is yet another simple way. Please click on "My Profile". Click on "Find latest threads" - this will show the threads started by you. If you click on "Find latest posts" it will show the links to your posts in various threads.

I think there is yet another simple way. Please click on "My Profile". Click on "Find latest threads" - this will show the threads started by you. If you click on "Find latest posts" it will show the links to your posts in various threads.
That is OK Sir. But if the thread is 'arutha pazhasu' only search option will help!! :fish2:

That is OK Sir. But if the thread is 'arutha pazhasu' only search option will help!! :fish2:

No madam.. Even if the thread is "arutha pazhasu" searching through the method suggested by my method is much faster. Just for testing purposes, I tried with one of the non-active members at present, but who had opened a no. of threads in the past, I could go back all the way to their entry into this forum!!

The main draw back of "search" method is remembering the name of the thread exactly and I believe most of us inexact there.

..... Just for testing purposes, I tried with one of the non-active members at present, but who had opened a no. of threads in the past, I could go back all the way to their entry into this forum!!....
Thank you Sir!! :)

But can we remember who started the thread??? :noidea:

Actually, my grand father's compositions were posted in a thread and by mistake his name was given as 'Harisada Narayanan'

instead of 'Haridasa Narayanan'. When I clicked advance search (Google custom search) with the right spelling / wrong spelling,

I could get several posts in that thread and also one of my posts in '
ஓ! அமெரிக்கா!', where I had mentioned about him. :thumb:

Yes, i completely forgot. This is one option but is limited to only those topics created by you.

Other option is (if you are not the topic starter) is to "subscribe to threads".

Under thread tools, you will find an option to subscribe to thread. Once you click this, you will get an option to set your email preference so it will email you if any replies have been made. Note, the email is just to notify you there is one or more replies and NOT to keep you updated with every reply. this notification is only once or twice until your next visit.

Alternatively, if you do not want an email notification, choose the notification type as "through control panel only" and then once you are logged in, go to this page to see all the threads you have subscribed to (note this will also show the topics you have started)
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/usercp.php (will show only a few recent ones)
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all (this will show all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back