• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to arrest the slide in TB numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are digressing.
What is sin? This is not rhetorical question? In terms of Hinduism what is sin? I can understand it in Abrahamical religion.
I can Understand its purpose in Christianity. Then again in Catholic tradition you confess to your sins and get absolution from the priest (?) who might himself be a sinner.

Like Zebraji said, I do not know what or whose tradition we are supposed to uphold. I have never lived in TN, but have some connection through my extended family.

I think the most active participant, who has a full time career is Renu. :thumb:

Whenever she gets a break in work, she is busy :typing: in forum!

Such is the intoxication!! ;)

Dear RR ji,

The lap top is on my table..I also type before the next patient comes in.

Also I am NOT on any social media like FB or any Whatsapp groups etc...I am only in Forum.

I know we are digressing.
What is sin? This is not rhetorical question? In terms of Hinduism what is sin? I can understand it in Abrahamical religion.
I can Understand its purpose in Christianity. Then again in Catholic tradition you confess to your sins and get absolution from the priest (?) who might himself be a sinner.

Like Zebraji said, I do not know what or whose tradition we are supposed to uphold. I have never lived in TN, but have some connection through my extended family.

what is sin?

Akrityanaancha karaNam and krityaanaam varjanam is what is sin. It is sin because it displeases the creator. You are going against what you have been programmed to do. You may cause irreparable damage to the society.

In Hindu tradition too a solution is available.

The first requirement is complete faith in God.

The second is the realisation of the sins committed.

The third and final step is surrender to God and requesting for saving.

In one sentence it is this:

Akrityaanaancha karaNam, krityaanaam varjanancha mE, kshamasva nikhilam dEva praNathaarththihara prabho!.

Last edited:
Is sin a crime? Who decides? Courts? Courts decide by the laws enacted in Parliament - then who decides sin and the punishment - Nattamai?

Akrityanaancha karaNam and krityaanaam varjanam is what is sin. It is sin because it displeases the creator. You are going against what you have been programmed to do. You may cause irreparable damage to the society.(ref:#605)

Who does this programme? Eshwar ? Allaha?

Chanting Bharthmata ki Jai is sin by one and not by anther programme!

Whatever is done not according to the scriptures, is sin. This is what I have heard.

If anybody is in search of the "true and nothing but the true sin", keep searching.

Answer: God.
and.....Chitragupta is the accountant!!

Wiki says:

Chitragupta (Sanskrit: चित्रगुप्त, 'rich in secrets' or 'hidden picture') is a Hindu god assigned with the task of

keeping complete records of actions of human beings on the earth. Upon their death, Chitragupta has the

task of deciding heaven or the hell for the humans, depending on their actions on the earth. Chitragupta

Maharaj (Chitragupta the King) is the patron deity of Kayasthas, a Hindu caste of India and Nepal. He is the

son of Lord Brahma and holds a fairly special place in the Hindu pantheon because of the order of his birth.

Is sin a crime? Who decides?

Crime is nothing but crime and always a sin. But Sin at time always not amounts to crime. For eg. Soldiers killing each other not amounts to crime but remains as a sin any how. To whose the account this sin is credited by Chitragupta, the Accountant is a different issue. Courts jurisdiction is limited to Crimes only and accounting of sins are done somewhere else!! Crime only sees the circumstances such an act is committed where is sin sees the logic behind it. Telling a lie is a sin, but with an ultimate goal to protect dharma, doing so seems okay with our puranas (Yudhishtria lying to Drona in Mahabharata). Our Mahabharata is full of such examples, using lie and cheating to protecting Dharma. To end sin support of sin is required it seems..வாள் எடுத்தவன் வாளால், முள்ள முள்ளால் தான் எடுக்கணம் are certain examples in support. So Sin does not displease the creator at times as it intends to protect the Dharma. No form of life is created only to commit Sin or Virtue. It is always the mixture of both. So don't think there is any act committed could be termed as deviation from "program".

Is sin a crime? Who decides? Courts? Courts decide by the laws enacted in Parliament - then who decides sin and the punishment - Nattamai?

Akrityanaancha karaNam and krityaanaam varjanam is what is sin. It is sin because it displeases the creator. You are going against what you have been programmed to do. You may cause irreparable damage to the society.(ref:#605)

Who does this programme? Eshwar ? Allaha?

Chanting Bharthmata ki Jai is sin by one and not by anther programme!

Like Lata sings in Chitralekha:

ye paap hai kya ye puny hai kya
rito par dharm ki mohare hai
What is Paap and What is Punya, they are just stamps of Dharma on practices.

har yug me badalte dharmo ko
kaise aadarsh banaaoge
Every yug the dharm chages, how can you make it ideal.

[video=youtube_share;7bDwOaa61bQ]https://youtu.be/7bDwOaa61bQ[/video]

To be able to be called karma yoga, actions must meet the following three requirements:
1. No matter what action is performed, the karma yogi takes the following decisive stance: I do what I can do and know that the result of my action does not lie in my hands. This means that ‘although I stand behind my actions I am not identified with them’.
For this Vedanta inevitably includes god. God is nothing but the totality of all natural law and order and their seamless interlocking. It is called Ishvara. Karma yoga means: I act in the best of my knowledge and leave the result to Ishvara.

So to the unprepared one the story of acquisition of puNya-pApa is taught in order to turn him into a karma yogi. As a karma yogi and while studying Vedanta the seeker will still benefit from the idea of karma as puNya-pApa. But in the course of deepening his understanding this theory may be replaced by the deeper truth of karma as Reality.

Just as we learn that light travels in straight line in middle school, then we learn that it is wave in High School, then we learn the photon theory of light propagation.
So to simple mind influenced by western concepts have to learn about SIN. But when they mature they find that there is nothing called sin, that it was made up by elders to keep law and order, and nothing more.
Then again I subscribe to Advaita philosophy. Maybe other philosophies never reached that level.
I do not believe in a programming God, or chitragupta. God=Brahman, you can have multiple other limited gods.

If there is a law giver god (Other than Manu) there will be a permanent list of Papas and Punyas. I do not think this concept was there in Hinduism before western influence.

Last edited:
I think there is a course being offered somewhere in Tanjavur, and by getting this degree, one is eligible for the post of Chithraguptan. Strictly based on elitism of caste and prior knowledge of papam and punyam is an added experience.

Of course, one has to die first.

I think there is a course being offered somewhere in Tanjavur, and by getting this degree, one is eligible for the post of Chithraguptan. Strictly based on elitism of caste and prior knowledge of papam and punyam is an added experience.

Of course, one has to die first.

LOL!

What is the fee and course structure!LOL

Chitra Gupta is not a person but the storage of our actions from each life in the Chitta portion of our Antahkarana.

That is the Gupta(secret) of ours lives stored in the microchip called Chitta.

It should be Chitta Gupta actually.

If Ram becomes Rahim will the account maintained in The Bank of Chithra Gupta be transferred to Sharia Bank - there will be credit debit problems because of perception of sin being different as programmed by these banks!

Like Lata sings in Chitralekha:

ye paap hai kya ye puny hai kya
rito par dharm ki mohare hai
What is Paap and What is Punya, they are just stamps of Dharma on practices.

har yug me badalte dharmo ko
kaise aadarsh banaaoge
Every yug the dharm chages, how can you make it ideal.

[video=youtube_share;7bDwOaa61bQ]https://youtu.be/7bDwOaa61bQ[/video]

To be able to be called karma yoga, actions must meet the following three requirements:
1. No matter what action is performed, the karma yogi takes the following decisive stance: I do what I can do and know that the result of my action does not lie in my hands. This means that ‘although I stand behind my actions I am not identified with them’.
For this Vedanta inevitably includes god. God is nothing but the totality of all natural law and order and their seamless interlocking. It is called Ishvara. Karma yoga means: I act in the best of my knowledge and leave the result to Ishvara.

So to the unprepared one the story of acquisition of puNya-pApa is taught in order to turn him into a karma yogi. As a karma yogi and while studying Vedanta the seeker will still benefit from the idea of karma as puNya-pApa. But in the course of deepening his understanding this theory may be replaced by the deeper truth of karma as Reality.

Just as we learn that light travels in straight line in middle school, then we learn that it is wave in High School, then we learn the photon theory of light propagation.
So to simple mind influenced by western concepts have to learn about SIN. But when they mature they find that there is nothing called sin, that it was made up by elders to keep law and order, and nothing more.
Then again I subscribe to Advaita philosophy. Maybe other philosophies never reached that level.
I do not believe in a programming God, or chitragupta. God=Brahman, you can have multiple other limited gods.

If there is a law giver god (Other than Manu) there will be a permanent list of Papas and Punyas. I do not think this concept was there in Hinduism before western influence.

By quoting chitralekha, you are articulating thoughts of sahir ludhianvi -a leftist poet who wrote these lyrics in chitralekha.

These do not mean much to the other part of your post and your religeous doctrine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back