• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How the Aryan and Dravidian myth got perpetuated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This I feel is according to the puranic stories that depicted Devas as fair skinned, without a Mustache (mostly) and Asuras with dark skinned, with Mustache (mostly). In the stories, Devas trying some cunning ways to defeat Asuras and Asuras trying some cunning ways to defeat Devas. Sometimes even for us like Indira deceiving Akalya, Ravana keeping Sita without touching her (even though many puranic stories tell that due to the curse of Vedavati) make to think that this is not fair. In Nectar (Amudham) drinking also, Mohini (Disguised Vishnu) giving first all nectar to devas. Seeing the partiality, one Asura went in the middle and drunk the nectar. Depicting Brahmins coming from Head and the fourth sect coming from Legs (This may be due to legs are more important to carry out work).Not allowing Non brahmins to study Sanskrit and Veda. There may be definite reasons for all these things. But the stories are often depicted by Brahmins only. Therefore it is the brahmins only perpetuated these stories without clearly explaining the reason behind this. When they got their own intelligence, even due to cross breed, they started questioning. Therefore it is better not to give more Weightage to these stories or give a proper explanation to each one of them.Hindus interest in stories (Listening, Writing, Speaking )only led to this.This May be due to members may have different views.This is a good forum for discussion. That is why I have put this here.

It has nothing do with race....Then how do you explain black skinned Brahmins or fair skinned NB's...Puranic stories were twisted by the British to divide & rule....

Yes. My view is also that only. What I try to say is because of puranic obsession, this thought is overwhelming among non- Brahmins. Actually, many races combined to form Indian Race. That is why we have different shades of brown and black people. According to the job and the food they ate, they classified into 4. Even if I am not wrong Krishna also says the same thing in Gita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back