• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How Hindu are the Sikhs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if "enlightened Muslims" (whatever that highly patronising term means) are not different to Hindus, then what about the fanatic Hindus?

Muslims don't have 20 heads and 10 hands etc. They are just your average person. I am aware that it is currently trendy to look upon all of them with suspicion and differently, but seriously they are all the same as everyone else. I think the better term is moderate Muslims are the same as moderate Hindus and moderate Christians. Let us please remember that we have fanatics in every faith. Muslims/Islam by no means holds the monopoly of having nutcases amongst them.

Last edited:
Dear Amala,
Your interpretation of your God is probably like your avatar. No believer has seen 'God'. Just as no one has seen space, or energy. Generally it is believed that God or Brahman is subtler than that.

I would not patronize another person about religion. It is personal belief, and leave it at that.
Muslims praying to Hindu God is rare, because the social pressures. But there are various instances of that in History. Raskhan a contemporary of Tulsidas was a Krishna Bhakta.
It is believed that a Muslim boy found the linga at Amarnath. Even today the support staff is mostly muslim working for money to facilitate the Amernath Yatra. So it is not for religion alone.
A Hindu temple where Muslims also pray - Thaindian News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back