• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindustan is country of Hindus but doesn't exclude others: RSS chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the best part of humans...at times the " child" in them will surface.

It denotes some amount of innocence.

Let is be...the acute need to " grow up" is just cultural dictates..the true human has the innocence of a child within.

OK, Renuka Madam - Let the cute children have a ball
But one of them showed he is a mature adult with his post (he really need not apologize but showed courage by acknowledging the issue - I mean Mr Prasad of course)

A request.
Of late I find some of us succumb to the temptation of over reach while posting messages. I would suggest that let us restrict the discussions to the subject than converting to the game of "Kabbadi" by attacking the participants.
I hope and request that my suggestion is taken in good spirit.
Thanks,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

OK, Renuka Madam - Let the cute children have a ball
But one of them showed he is a mature adult with his post (he really need not apologize but showed courage by acknowledging the issue - I mean Mr Prasad of course)

I dont get it why the acute need to be "mature" and all so trying very hard to act all august?

We might just die tomorrow for all we know...its better to die original even if its immature than to die a fake trying to be august.

Dear Sir..he doesnt talk about his Brahmin roots in his poem...does he?? Did I miss any stanza?..
I dont think a true Musilim would bring in castethat would totally Haraam to bring in unislamic believes.

Two other Brahmins (Kashmiri Pandits) D.P.Dhar (Dharm Pal Dhar) and P.N.Haksar (Parmeshwar Narayan Haksar) joining with another Pandit Mrs. Indira Gandhi created Bangladesh.

That invited the famous greetings from Shri Vajpayee "Madam, people create history. But you created history and Geography."

Genes at work.

According to you it is proof of Vaagmi's Genes theory. LOL.

Last edited:
Post # 27 and 28:

It all started with a nasty, indecent, unprovoked dog whistle comment.

To react strongly when attacked is natural and right -- in real world and virtual world.

Once an apology comes, the episode is just forgotten and we move on.

So I move on.

Two other Brahmins (Kashmiri Pandits) D.P.Dhar (Dharm Pal Dhar) and P.N.Haksar (Parmeshwar Narayan Haksar) joining with another Pandit Mrs. Indira Gandhi created Bangladesh.

That invited the famous greetings from Shri Vajpayee "Madam, people create history. But you created history and Geography."

Genes at work.

According to you it is proof of Vaagmi's Genes theory. LOL.

Nehru is rumoured actually to be not a Kashmiri Pandit.

Nehru word is from Nahr..arabic for river.
How strange a Brahmin has an Arabic surname.

At least Iyengar is a Tamil word.

wiki gives verified details unlike others.

I would wait for this info about Nehru family given here to be verified and validated.

And I wont be surprised if someone presents some blogged info that DP Dhar and PN Haksar too were originally the offsprings of Timur the Langda or Genghis Khan. LOL.

so whats the Tamil word equivalent to it ?

These are all known facts.

Poet Iqbal wrote saare jahaan se achcha, hindoostan hamara.
So in the nineteenth century Hindustan meant present land mass of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh put together. After partition the word represents India. Period.

Post # 27 and 28:

It all started with a nasty, indecent, unprovoked dog whistle comment.

To react strongly when attacked is natural and right -- in real world and virtual world.

Once an apology comes, the episode is just forgotten and we move on.

So I move on.

Sir,
You do not need provocation, you are attack minded all the time.
My apology was for other members.

so whats the Tamil word equivalent to it ?

Tamil Nadu...each state only existed for themselves.

India per se as a country never existed..it was just many different kingdoms combined to form a country.

Was there a flag or a national anthem before India became a nation?

I dont get it why the acute need to be "mature" and all so trying very hard to act all august?

We might just die tomorrow for all we know...its better to die original even if its immature than to die a fake trying to be august.

There is no acute need for anything. I thought forum edicts include civility in exchange. Used the word mature to describe that

wiki gives verified details unlike others.

I would wait for this info about Nehru family given here to be verified and validated.

And I wont be surprised if someone presents some blogged info that DP Dhar and PN Haksar too were originally the offsprings of Timur the Langda or Genghis Khan. LOL.

The link shared by Raghy many not be true..It is unsubstantiated...Here are the reasons:

Truth about Nehru: Why conspiracy theorists are wrong about him

The edits were removed within minutes but that's not the end of the story. It was, in fact, just the tip of a huge iceberg of unsubstantiated stories, misinformation and conspiracy theories masquerading as “unknown facts about Nehru” on the internet.

Jul 09, 2015
Abhishek Saha
Hindustan Times

1286138_Wallpaper2.jpg

A search for “Nehru” on Google throws up results galore, with at least two conspiracy websites coming up on the first page of results. (Getty Images)

Last week, certain malicious revisions were made to Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page from an IP address that belonged to the state-run National Informatics Centre (NIC).

The edits claimed Nehru's grandfather, Gangadhar Nehru, was a Muslim, and that Nehru was born in a red-light area of Allahabad. Wikipedia’s "revision history page" shows no references were provided for the inserted information.

The edits were removed within minutes but that's not the end of the story. It was, in fact, just the tip of a huge iceberg of unsubstantiated stories, misinformation and conspiracy theories masquerading as "unknown facts about Nehru" on the internet.

Critics say running conspiracy theory websites and attempting to edit the Wikipedia page must be seen in the light of Hindutva political groups’ perception that Nehruvian ideals are the "biggest obstacle" to their own idea of India.

The unsubstantiated "truth about Nehru"

A search for "Nehru" on Google throws up results galore, with at least two conspiracy websites coming up on the first page of results – Jawaharlal Nehru: The Playboy and The Truth of Nehru Family.

Jawaharlal Nehru: The Playboy is an article on The Voice of Nation, a website that claims to show "the ‘other side’ of the day to day happenings". The site, The Voice of Nation, could not be accessed on Wednesday, even though Google's Cache shows a version of it. It was last accessed by HT on Tuesday.

screenshot-1.jpg

(Screenshot from the cached The Voice of Nation website)A scroll through articles posted on the site show its unwavering dedication to carrying gossip and passing it off as news. Some headlines on the site are: “Mahatma Gandhi was fond of women, daru and meat” and “Poisoned in Tashkent? Was the Russian butler a paid agent to eliminate Indian Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri?”
In "The Playboy" post, the writer lists what she calls the "untold truth about his (Nehru’s) family and of course his greedy politics". The writer claims, just like the Wikipedia edit, that Nehru’s grandfather was a Muslim who changed his identity and that his birthplace in Allahabad was a brothel.

The article further says Nehru was a "playboy" and had "multiple affairs" with several women including Sarojini Naidu’s daughter Padmaja Naidu and Edwina, the wife of the last British viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten. The piece claims Nehru "fathered a child" with a sanyasin from Varanasi.

In "The Truth of Nehru Family" blog post, Nehru’s grandfather is said to be a "Mughal" man named Ghiyasuddin Ghazi. It lists the same things against Nehru as in the "The Playboy" post and goes further in slinging muck at all other members of the Gandhi-Nehru family, such as Indira, Sanjay, Sonia and Rahul while basing the article on unverified information.

screenshot-2.jpg

(Screenshot from the cached The Voice of Nation website)Like these two webpages, there are scores of others. Internet experts say these sites show up on Google searches because first, considerable online conversation is taking place around them, and second, they are search engine optimised in the sense the posts are written using words used in a common search, like “the truth about”.
The two books which fuel conspiracy theories

So, from where do the gossip and conspiracy theories originate?

A thorough search through websites like the “Jawaharlal Nehru: The Playboy” and “The Truth of Nehru Family” reveal that much comes from two books - Encyclopedia Of Indian War Of Independence (1857-1947) by MK Singh and Reminiscences of the Nehru Age by MO Mathai, who was a special assistant to Nehru.

Singh’s encyclopedia is a 19-volume work published by Delhi-based Anmol Publishers in 2009. On Amazon, the series costs Rs 16,290, while the publishers told HT on phone that it costs Rs 25,000.

Historians, however, say they have never heard of the series or the writer.

“I had never heard of a historian by the name of MK Singh before someone told me after the Wikipedia page edit that in that book, the bizarre theory of Nehru’s grandfather being a Muslim has been explored. I don’t think there is any merit in this theory and it’s totally unsubstantiated,” said S Irfan Habib, a historian of science and politics.

On the other hand, when Mathai’s book was released in 1978, it was considered to be one of those works in which a writer depends on proximity to high-profile leaders to kick off controversies to push sales.

“Mathai’s is a book which no one can take seriously. It’s not the kind of book which can be considered for any academic merit,” said Habib.

The rebuttal of gossip

Historians say authentic biographies of Nehru – like Sarvepalli Gopal’s three volume work “Jawaharlal Nehru: A Biography” or “Nehru: A Contemporary's Estimate” by Walter Crocker — have not drawn any such conclusion as Nehru’s grandfather being a Muslim.

“The conspiracy theory accounts doing the rounds on the internet lack credibility. There is no credibility, no document-based evidence. No properly educated person can take it seriously,” said Mridula Mukherjee, professor of history in Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University.

Nehru’s family was Kashmiri and the oldest known ancestor was Raj Kaul, who was a Sanskrit and Persian scholar in Kashmir. Raj Kaul’s house was by the side of a canal (nahar) and that’s how the surname Nehru evolved.

“Kaul had been the family name; this changed to Kaul-Nehru; and, in later years, Kaul dropped out and we became simply Nehrus," wrote Nehru in his autobiography.

Moreover, in authoritative biographies, there is no mention of the existence of any brothel where Nehru was born.

On the matter of the women in Nehru’s life – his alleged “affairs” as the detractors like to say – historians and commentators suggest we need to take a more balanced stand.

“All serious biographies of Nehru have referred to his relationship with Edwina Mountbatten and Padmaja Naidu. Most books have called the relationships platonic, but even if such relationships were not platonic, then what? They were consenting adults. Was he cheating on his long-dead wife? No. Did it affect governance? No,” said Mukherjee.

Aniket Alam, executive editor of the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW), rubbished claims such as Nehru fathering an illegitimate child as being part of the “total myths about Nehru which are absolutely incorrect”.

Alam explained it is important to understand the socio-political context of the events in Nehru’s personal life which, he said, “could well be true and many are perhaps exaggerations of real incidents”.

“Many personal incidents and events need to be understood in the context in which they were done or viewed. A personal friendship with someone else's wife where you can share sexual jokes and cigarettes will seem banal today (or for that matter in some avant garde sections of European society in the 1940s) but was something quite exceptional in India (and perhaps remains so),” said Alam.

He added: “It will take a professional historian many years of research to separate the wheat from the chaff and then to draw conclusions which would be relevant to us today. And even after that these would remain open to criticisms and refutations.”
(The writer tweets as @saha_abhi1990)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...g-about-him/story-0fcHGicBnzGwu72Juw0dEO.html

Nahr is arabic root word for river.

So why is a Kashmiri...that too a Brahmin having an Arabic name?

Nahr is not a Sanskrit or Hindi word.

This itself should raise questions.
In Arabic..when being non specific. ...A River is denoted as Nahrun.

When being specific as in denoting a particular river then The River is denoted as Al Nahru.

Rings any temple bell here?

Last edited:
Nahr is arabic root word for river.

So why is a Kashmiri...that too a Brahmin having an Arabic name?
Nahr is not a Sanskrit or Hindi word.
This itself should raise questions.
In Arabic..when being non specific. ...A River is denoted as Nahrun.
When being specific as in denoting a particular river then The River is denoted as Al Nahru.
Rings any temple bell here?

Please read post #40. The bell has been ringing loudly. Couldn't you hear it?

I am convinced by this from the autobiography:

"Nehru’s family was Kashmiri and the oldest known ancestor was Raj Kaul, who was a Sanskrit and Persian scholar in Kashmir. Raj Kaul’s house was by the side of a canal (nahar) and that’s how the surname Nehru evolved".

“Kaul had been the family name; this changed to Kaul-Nehru; and, in later years, Kaul dropped out and we became simply Nehrus," wrote Nehru in his autobiography.

Please read post #40. The bell has been ringing loudly. Couldn't you hear it?

I am convinced by this from the autobiography:

"Nehru’s family was Kashmiri and the oldest known ancestor was Raj Kaul, who was a Sanskrit and Persian scholar in Kashmir. Raj Kaul’s house was by the side of a canal (nahar) and that’s how the surname Nehru evolved".

Kul again is Arabic to mean All.
Nahru is River in Arabic as I explained earlier.

Yeh Kya full arabic ka naam hain yaar.

Kul Nahru.

Masha Allah!

BTW even jaats have a surname Nehra which they say is becos the lived near a canal.

Nahar is NOT a Sanskrit word.

Last edited:
Sir,
You do not need provocation, you are attack minded all the time.
My apology was for other members.

Mr. Prasad,

My post was:

Hindustan is the land of Hindus who identify their aspirations, dreams and life with that land and who have no higher loyalties other than the loyalty to that land. They are also known as hindustanis. Similarly Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kazhakstan, kirzigistan, etc., also.

Those who live in these countries and have transborder and transnational loyalties are Hindustanis, Afghanistanis, Pakistanis, Kazhakstanis, and kirzigistanis only in name.

This is what the man under reference said.

I reproduce here the attacking and indecent comment made by you in this thread in reply to my neutral post which was not addressed to you:

A very convenient or a deliberate effort to mislead.
there is country called Afghanistan, Pakistan etc but there is no official country called Hindustan.
Every few months somehow people want to start this controversy. There are no Muslims or Pakistani in this site.
Who are you trying to brainwash. People in this site are smart and they hear the dog whistle loud and clear. They may not act but it is still too shrill.

Now I leave it to the members here to decide who is attack minded.

You have a habit of making such comments here. Please introspect and change.

Your statement that your apology was to other members and not in respect of the quoted indecent post, then that shows your quality.

i am not interested in continuing this conversation any further. You do not deserve it. Period. You can post whatever you want in reply and that will be just a shout in the wilderness.

Last edited:
Kul again is Arabic to mean All.
Nahru is River in Arabic as I explained earlier.

Yeh Kya full arabic ka naam hain yaar.

Kul Nahru.

Masha Allah!

BTW even jaats have a surname Nehra which they say is becos the lived near a canal.

Nahar is NOT a Sanskrit word.

In Tamilnadu we use the term மேஜை to mean table. That word is not from native origin of the Tamilland. It has its origins in Persia. But it is commonly used in Tamilnadu. My grand father used the term, my father used it, and I use it.

So I am a Persian and Malala Yousafsai from Pakhtoonkwa is my cousin. LOL.

In Tamilnadu we use the term மேஜை to mean table. That word is not from native origin of the Tamilland. It has its origins in Persia. But it is commonly used in Tamilnadu. My grand father used the term, my father used it, and I use it.

So I am a Persian and Malala Yousafsai from Pakhtoonkwa is my cousin. LOL.

But your name is not Vaagmi Mejarooni!

A Surname denotes origins..your Gotra wont have Vaagmi Al Meja in it.
Those will remain fixed.

A Brahmin lineage wont date back to Bharadwaj Al Jannat.

It will be a proper Sanskrit name.

I also use the same word for Table
In fact same word is also borrowed by Malay for table..Meja.
Would I want to claim that Abū Bishr ʻAmr ibn ʻUthmān ibn Qanbar Al-Baṣrī, commonly known as Sībawayh from Persia is my Mama Machan?

But your name is not Vaagmi Mejarooni!(#46 Renuka)

Think of Chair instead of மேஜை - Chari -why not Vaagmichari?

Oh yeah. My name is indeed ............Thathachary meaning Big Teacher or Leading Teacher.

Chair being an English word I can trace my lineage to all great and beautiful anglo saxons and also claim Sophia Loren and Marilyn Manroe my nieces. LOL.

Oh yeah. My name is indeed ............Thathachary meaning Big Teacher or Leading Teacher.

Chair being an English word I can trace my lineage to all great and beautiful anglo saxons and also claim Sophia Loren and Marilyn Manroe my nieces. LOL.

Sure - I remember Jambu introduced his teacher who attended our wedding in 1969 -
Tiger Thathachari - his Maths teacher - he was கணக்கு புலி - otherwise be was சாது like a பசு! We always remember such great teachers But his son turned out to be ஒதவாகரை ! புலிக்கு பிறந்த பூனை ! That could be his lineage pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back