• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism: They Laughed

Indian Gods! An easy target of western mockery

We the people of India are very particular when it comes to our religion, culture and morals. There is zero tolerance if anyone mocks our gods, role models and significant figures.However, western media and companies

1585135549032.png

3. Converse shoes- Hindu diety

1585135583196.png

2. Son of Sardar – Shiva tattoo

1585135619564.png

We the people of India are very particular when it comes to our religion, culture and morals. There is zero tolerance if anyone mocks our gods, role models and significant figures.

However, western media and companies have often made mockery of Indian deities for promoting their product or news.

When Westerners make fun of our gods, they're instigating trouble'

In theory, yes, Hindus are very open. I'm one of them. I've coined the phrase 'open architecture'.'

'But I think the Wendy Doniger group is not allowing open architecture. They are closing this architecture.'

'They are bringing a point of view in such a heavy-handed way that it tends to dominate and it tends to suppress the alternative points of view. So some kind of counteraction is necessary and using the law is a decent thing to do.'

Rajiv Malhotra, one of Wendy Doniger's most vociferous critics, speaks to Rediff.com's Arthur J Pais about the prejudices created by American scholars about Hindu gods and Hinduism.

Rajiv Malhotra, left, a constant critic of Wendy Doniger and what he calls her Chicago school of writers and thinkers, retired at age 44 some 20 years ago and put his money into the Infinity Foundation, an one-man think-tank.

The Indian-American writer of books on India has devoted himself, for more than a decade-and-a- half, he says, to "clarifying the many misperceptions about Indic traditions in America and among Indians."

When did the fight against the book start? How did it go through?

My involvement with this started in the year 2000. My kids went to Princeton Day School and one day the teacher asked me for information on Vedanta, (Swami) Vivekananda and Ramakrishna (Paramhamsa) because in their teaching of world religions they wanted to have knowledge of Hinduism.

Read more at:

Nightclub is accused of 'mocking' a Hindu god by picturing him smoking and drinking on a poster for a Bollywood themed party

1585144152506.png

Shiva shown with a cigarette in mouth while clutching a bottle of Champagne

Elrow apologises for the promotion of the Indian themed night in Manchester

President of the Kings College London Hindu Society says it was offensive

A nightclub has caused outrage after picturing Hindu god Shiva with a cigarette hanging out of its mouth while clutching a bottle of Champagne on a poster for a Bollywood party.

Elrow - a Barcelona club which takes events around the world - has been forced to apologise for the way it has promoted the Indian themed night in Manchester.

The Albert Hall, where the event is due to be staged, has been accused of cultural appropriation and has now changed the image online.

Shiva - a supreme being in the Indian religion believed to hold the power to create and transform the universe - was depicted with a chicken beak with a cigarette hanging out his mouth.

After posting so many quotes references, still it is not coherent view of original post and immediate continuation of #2 post by author. Also both the posts have mixed views and did not say straight forwardly about brahminism and hide with name of Hinduism because many things you have mentioned is not followed exactly by all hindus (that is following Hinduism) as some followed by Brahmins and some followed by other than Brahmins.

Also after some posts thread derailed with mockery of others instead of praise.

So I hope the author may stop posting irrelevant if he could not prove his own statements otherwise the post is getting diluted from the original view like some other member who is posting for two years in a same thread which have mixed views, contradiction to original post and looks like tamil serials etc.

Always short and sweet will be better.

After posting so many quotes references, still it is not coherent view of original post and immediate continuation of #2 post by author. Also both the posts have mixed views and did not say straight forwardly about brahminism and hide with name of Hinduism because many things you have mentioned is not followed exactly by all hindus (that is following Hinduism) as some followed by Brahmins and some followed by other than Brahmins.

So I hope the author may stop posting irrelevant if he could not prove his own statements otherwise the post is getting diluted from the original view like some other member who is posting for two years in a same thread which have mixed views, contradiction to original post and looks like tamil serials etc.

What is your considered view of the above two posts....?

You please come out with your esteemed explanation on each of the points raised by the author.

You try to prove yourself as short and sweet in this thread.

And for heaven's sake don't confuse with Hinduism and Brahmins.

Don't try to meddle with the thread.

To my little knowledge I can share few lines here as Hindiusm is some thing like a ocean and what I believe to know is only a drop in the ocean. I am trying to learn. I need a Guru but defintely not the one who confuse and meddle with their super intellgence.

Hinduism is an oldest religion with more than billion followers.

And it is also considered world’s third largest religion

It is based on belief and age old traditions, meaningful rituals, philosophy and theology.

We believe in Karma, Yoga and Bakthi

Unlike other religions Hinduism cannot be traced to any one individual

It reaches Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha

There are shastras, collection of spiritual laws

There are popular Hindu Texts like Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Ramayana, Mahabharata, etc

Hinduism there is only one absolute supreme Absolute called Bhrahman.

But we worship more than one particular deity. We have Kula Deivam and some have Ishta Deivam and more have grama Devatha

We have more festivals to celebrate based on cycles of sun and moon

We believe spreading love
அன்பே சிவம் .

P.S: I have my own way of presenting things. If you don't like, please ignore and skip my thread. :)

This is why Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life.

View attachment 9347

Please read more at:

When faced with potential of death...hardly any human would say they are willing to use God as a stepping stone...they would be screaming Gods name to save them.

Somehow all these types of technical intellect concepts does seem a bit egoistic.

I have been reading Hamsa Geeta which is a part of the srimad bhagavatham set of books i have in my free time and I have to say that Vaishnavaism seems to have got the perfect balance.

That is the goal is mukti/moksha too..all the same.
The conversation between God in the form of a Swan and the Sanatkumars is all about moksha
In fact when the Sanatkumars ask the Hamsa...who are you,?

The Lord in the form of the Hamsa explains why the question " Who am I" is a better one and the Lord goes on to explain everything in detail till the topic of moksha is covered.

But the concept of surrender and devotion is so beautifully woven that it doesnt allow the human ego to rise as if its in control.

It calls to see ourselves as a dasa of God as to humble ourselves till the ego just gets used to submission and finally the dasa lets God shine tru him and Oneness is attain.

But all these other stuff we see online which gets too technical these days just makes one a dasa to their own egos.

Hinduism isnt a way of life.
Put correctly its a way to die..die as in death to " I am the doer"

Why Zakir Naik Insults Hinduism and Hindus Gods 'Shiva and Ganesha' to Promote Islam

Some of the great minds of the Forum questioned as who laughed at Hinduism.

When some relevant texts were posted, now the thread takes another direction. LOL

One member went to the extent of declaring with his expert assessment that this was NOT Hinduism

And here another one comes and links the thread with Brahmins. LOL

It is interesting.....

Last edited:
This posting is shared for those who believe that Hinduism is not a way of life.

But I staunchly believe that Hinduism is a way of life....

Ten Reasons Why Hinduism is a Way of Life
By Jayaram V

1585191344895.png

Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life because life, worship and religious duties are inseparable in Hinduism. A devout Hindu lives upon earth religiously, feeling the presence of God in every aspect of his life, and worshipping Him uninterruptedly in the sacrifice called life. It is difficult to say where his worship begins or ends in his daily life.

Hinduism is not considered a religion, because it does not fit into the common definition of a religion. It does not have a founder, nor does it have a particular scripture or sacred text which is universally followed by all Hindus. It is traditionally known as Dharma, which is considered eternal (Sanatana) because God is its source and support, which he reveals through Brahma, the creator God at the beginning of creation for the order and regularity of the world.

PS: I don't open a thread under caption 'Sai Lives on" and posted preaching and teaching of Sai daily for several years and finally come here to say that Hinduism is not a way of life. Sai forgive them. All your teachings and preaching seems to have gone with the wind for some.

Last edited:
This is like answering questions that are NEVER asked in the examination and trying to get distinction marks. Though the answers provided by you have relevance in health as a whole, they do not even attempt to answer the OP that "they" laughed at some of the customs and practices of Hindus. The OP had nothing to do with the side effects of consuming excess garlic or homeopathy having only limited cure for kidney stone problem.

I will summarize. These are the points in which the OP said "they" laughed at us. What is your considered opinion? Did "they" have laugh at our customs and practices or not?

QUOTE:

When Hindus were wishing each other with Namaste - They laughed

When Hindus were washing hands and legs before entering home - They laughed

When Hindus were worshiping Animals - They laughed

When Hindus were worshiping Plants Trees Forests - They laughed

When Hindus were primarily having Veg diet - They laughed.

When Hindus were doing Yoga - They laughed.

When Hindus were worshiping God and Goddess - They Laughed

When Hindus were burning the dead - They laughed

When Hindus bathed after attending a funeral - They laughed

UNQUOTE
Pl read Renuka madams thread. That should answer all the statement starting wwth "When Hindus...." You selectivley take the first para and quote my reply. I was looking at some of the unproven remedies he has prescribed. Every culture that evolved parallely (Chinese, Persian, Arabic/Egyptian, Mayan) has their own way of understanding health and hygiene. West has adapted better and applied scientific reasoning but we keep harping on our ancient philiosphies and keep saying that it is unique to Hinduism (I will never use this word invented by Britsih but use only Sanatana Dharma as told in scripts). If somebody has laughed at him he should respond to them instead of posting in a closed group and being sorry for being laughed at.

Lamb ad insensitive and disrespectful, say Hindus and Anglicans

Hindu Council calls for the ad to be banned, saying it is a ‘crude and deplorable attempt to use images of Ganesha to promote lamb consumption’

1585192381445.png

Read more at:

PS: Some one here asked as to who laughed at Hinduism. Some minds are busy in making others to laugh at Hindu Gods. But these people throw stones at us. LOL This is Kali Yuga.

Hinduism: They Laughed

When Hindus were wishing each other with Namaste - They laughed

When Hindus were washing hands and legs before entering home - They laughed

When Hindus were worshiping Animals - They laughed

When Hindus were worshiping Plants Trees Forests - They laughed

When Hindus were primarily having Veg diet - They laughed.

When Hindus were doing Yoga - They laughed.

When Hindus were worshiping God and Goddess - They Laughed

When Hindus were burning the dead - They laughed

When Hindus bathed after attending a funeral - They laughed

Well guess what ? No body is laughing now..

So Its Rightly Said; "Hinduism Is Not A Religion, It Is A Way Of Life

Courtesy: intellibriefs.blogspot.com
One good thing this Corona episode has taught is relevance of "advaita". God is within us and we don't have to go and seek God in a temple or common place of worship. Do your poojas at home. If you don't flowers use turmeric coated rice for ashtothram.

வேற்றுமையில் ஒற்றுமை - உலகில் தோன்றிய அனைத்து மதங்களிலும் மிக மிகப் பழமையானது நமது இந்து மதம். தோற்றுவித்தவர்கள், தோன்றிய காலம் போன்ற எந்த ஒரு விபரங்களும் இல்லாததே இதற்கு மிகச் சிறந்ததொரு சான்று. இறைவனால் நமக்காக உண்டாக்கபட்டு, சமயப் பெரியோரால் வளர்க்கப்பட்டது. பண்டைய காலத்தில், சிந்து நதியின் கரையில் வாழ்ந்து வந்த மக்கள் " சிந்துக்கள் " என்றழைக்கப்பட்டனர். பின்னர் இதுவே மருவி, " இந்துக்கள் " என்றும், அவர்கள் பின்பற்றிய மதம் " இந்து மதம் " எனவும் பெயர் பெற்றது. சமணம், பௌத்தம் போன்ற பல உட்பிரிவுகளையும், அவரவர்க்கு தனித் தனியே கடவுள்கள், வழிபாட்டு முறைகள், சடங்குகளை கொண்டிருந்தாலும், வேற்றுமையில் ஒற்றுமை காணும் மதம் இந்து மதம். அனைவரும் இந்துக்களாக, நமது மதத்தின் உயிர்நாடியான வேதங்களையும், இதிகாசங்களையும், உபநிஷத்துகளையும் மூலாதாரமாக கொண்டு " இறைவன் ஒருவனே " என்ற மாபெரும் தத்துவத்தை உணர்த்தும், காண்போர் அதிசயிக்கும் மதம் நமது மதம்.

வழிபாட்டு முறைகள் - நமது இந்து மதத்தில் வேதம் , ஆகமம் என இருவேறு சடங்குகள் உள்ளன. நெய் குண்டம் உண்டாக்கி அதில் யாகங்கள் வளர்த்து, மந்திரங்கள் ஜபித்து இறைவனை வழிபடுவது " வேதச் சடங்குகள் ". உருவ வழிபாட்டு முறைகளை கூறுவது " ஆகமச் சடங்குகள் ". மிகப் பண்டைய காலத்தில், கோவில்கள் தோன்றுவதற்கு முன்னர் வேதச் சடங்குகளே வழக்கத்தில் இருந்தன. மிகப் பெரும் யாகம் வளர்த்து, அதில் நமக்கு பிரியமானவற்றை இறைவனுக்காக சமர்ப்பிப்பதே வழிபாட்டு முறையாக இருந்தது. பின்னரே, கோவில்கள் தோன்றி உருவ வழிபாடான " ஆகமச் சடங்குகள் " சமய வழிபாட்டு முறையானது. இவ் வழிபாடில் உருவ வழிபாடு முதல் நிலை. மந்திரங்கள் ஜபித்தல் இரண்டாம் நிலை. பிரார்த்தனைகள் செய்வது மூன்றாம் நிலை. தியானம் செய்வது பூரண நிலையாம் நான்காம் நிலை. சமய நூல்கள், சமய நெறியில் பக்குவம் பெற்று தியான நிலை அடைந்தவர்க்கு உருவ வழிபாடு தேவையில்லை என்கின்றன.

அடிப்படை நோக்கம் - " தர்மோரஷி ரஷித " என்கின்றன இந்து மதத்தின் வேதங்கள். நாம் தர்மத்தை கடைபிடித்தால் அந்த தர்மம் நம்மை காக்கும் என்பதே இதன் பொருள். நாம் அனைவரும் தர்ம வழியில் வாழ வேண்டும் என்ற உயரிய நோக்கத்துடன் நமது முன்னோர்கள் உருவாக்கியதுதான் " இறை வழிபாடு ". தனக்கென ஒரு உருவமோ அருவமோ இன்றி, எங்கும் பரம்பொருள் நிறைந்திருப்பினும், நாம் சென்று வழிபட வேண்டிய இடமாக உள்ளவையே திருக்கோயில்கள். தனக்கென ஒரு தனிபெயர் பெயர் இல்லாதவன். இறைவனால் இவ்வுலகில் படைக்கப்பட்ட அனைத்து உயிர்களுமே தெய்வத் தன்மை கொண்டவை. தன்னுள் இருக்கும் இத்தகைய தெய்வத்தன்மையை வெளிக் கொண்டு வருவது மனிதரால் மட்டுமே முடியும். இவ்வாறே மனிதன் விலங்குகளிலிருந்து வேறுபடுகின்றான். தன்னுள் உள்ள தெய்வத் தன்மையை வெளிக்கொணர்வதே " ஞானம் அடைதல் " என்கின்றன சமயங்கள். இப்பேரானந்த நிலையை அடையும் வழிமுறைகளை நமக்கு கூறுபவையே " சாஸ்த்திரங்கள்".

இறை வழிபாடு - சித்தர்களும், யோகிகளும், மகான்களும் இறைவனை தமது தவத்தினாலும், தியானத்தினாலும் வழிபட்டு பல நன்மைகளை புரிந்துள்ளனர். ஆதி சங்கரர், " கனகதாரா ஸ்தோத்திரம் " பாடி, ஏழை ஒருவரின் வீட்டு கூரையை பிய்த்துக்கொண்டு தங்க மழை பொழியச் செய்தார். ஊமையாக பிறந்த மூக கவி, அம்பாளின் அருளால் பேசும் திறன் பெற்று அம்பாளின் மீது " 500 சுலோகங்கள் " பாடியுள்ளார். மயூர கவி சூரிய தேவனை துதித்து " கண்ணொளி பெற்றார் ". தேவராய சுவாமிகள் " கந்த சஸ்டி " கவசம் இயற்றினார். வால்மீகியும், கம்பரும், துளசி தாசரும் இறையருள் பெற்று " இராமாயணம் " என்ற மாபெரும் இதிகாசத்தை பாடினர். இக் கலியுகத்தில் பக்தி மார்க்கத்துக்கான சிறந்ததொரு வழிபாடு " நாம ஜபம் ".

பல சித்தர்களும் முனிவர்களும் ஆகம விதிப்படி கட்டிய பழம் பெருமை வாய்ந்த கோயில்கள் நமது மாபெரும் சமயச் சொத்து. இத் தகைய கோவில்களின் மூலஸ்தானத்தில் இருந்து வெளிப்படும் மந்திர ஜபத்தின் ஒலி அலைகள் நமது உடலுக்கும், மனதுக்கும் நன்மை பயப்பன. " கோயில் இல்லா ஊரில் குடி இருக்க வேண்டாம் " என்பது பழமொழி. இத்தைகைய சிறப்புகள் வாய்ந்த திருக் கோயில்களை நமது உடம்புடன் ஒப்பிடுவர் பெரியொர்.

கர்ப்பகிரகம் :தலை
அர்த்தமண்டபம்: முகம்
வெளிச் சுற்று: கைகள்
மணி மண்டபம் :வயிறு
உள் சுற்று: தோள்கள்
மூல விக்கிரகம்: ஆன்மா

Source: facebook

Last edited:
Here I wish to share a posting which I read in facebook.

What is special in our hindu religion? Yes continue reading

There is a lot, let's just see something.

Hinduism was created for us by the Lord, and was raised by the elders of religion.

According to Hindus God's policy is simple.

Any God that Hindus worship,
If you worship me
I will punish you,
If you worship God other than me
I will throw you into hell,
There is no book that you said you are my slave.

When Swami Vivekananda speaks in Chicago, did the Hindu God said that I will give priority to only one race and live, can any hindu religious books can be shown like that.

Hindus are keeping candle in church. They go to the mosque and minister for children who have no pleasure. They go to dargah and pray.

Hindu religion is the religion which finds unity in differences, even though there are gods, worship methods and rituals.

All are Hindus, bringing the living scriptures of our religion, itiga, and upanitablets
It is our religion which makes us understand the great principle, " Lord is one and our religion.

This peaceful God theory of simple people in Hinduism,
The books say that the life of a man can be able to reach God, and attain it.

The only God be in an image of image and in image,
The same God takes many avatars and Hindu religion says. It has given many freedom to the followers.

At this time only we need to pray to the Lord. This is how we do not impose others opinion on us.

It is said that we can worship the Lord according to their own thoughts. This is a comment that is not in any religion.

Many stages of one paramathma are many gods in Hinduism. Whoever we worship in many forms like this, we worship the only Lord.

It is the right way to realize that any form is worshipped in the face of all gods and that he is in all gods and in all gods.

The religion which is not defined to go to the temple everyday.

The religion which does not command to go to casino and rameshwaram.

The religion which does not say that we should conduct life according to the holy book of Hindu religion.

The religion that does not define religious codes should be worn.

The religion that sees God in everything that there is nothing called illegitimate birth in nature.

It is a religion which has countless scriptures that gives wisdom, Holy Quote, thirukovai, great legend etc.

To eradicate the desire of women - ramayana,

To eradicate the desire of soil - mahabharath,

To realize the importance of duty - killing,

For politics - meaning,

For Adam - kama sastra,

For Medicine - Siddha, Ayurveda,

For Education - Vedic maths,

For Physical benefit - yoga sastra,

For construction - vastu shastra,

For application - planetary.

A religion with beautiful festivals that makes us feel happiness and culture to the heart.

A religion which is not compulsory or war touching religion.

There is no one called the religious leader who controls the entire hindu community.

" Kollāmai " from the recipe that can kill anything and eat ", the religion which gave the definition of life discipline and vegetarian.

A religion which guides the tree called mukti.

A religion that preach tolerance and peace.

The Holy religion which built a temple and gave the philosophy of life and the secret of the world.

Let us be proud to live as a Hindu.

Source: இந்து சமய தமிழ் கழகம் facebook

Last edited:
One good thing this Corona episode has taught is relevance of "advaita". God is within us and we don't have to go and seek God in a temple or common place of worship. Do your poojas at home. If you don't flowers use turmeric coated rice for ashtothram.

" The virus has " freed" God from the places of worship and placed Him upon His real throne, in the hearts of people"

Shyakh Arif Abdul Hussein

To eradicate the desire of women - ramayana,

Source: இந்து சமய தமிழ் கழகம் facebook

This line is not acceptable cos it should be to eradicate lust.
Cos not all men desire women, some men desire men too.

And lets stop contaminating Hinduism by constantly viewing women as a hindrance in spiritual life.

REMEMBER! Its mostly females who are nurses who are working day and night risking their own lives to treat Covid -19 patients.

Its a female who would be making sure her family gets enough food and even eat less to feed her husband and children during a shut down.

Let's sanitize the minds of males who think that a woman always is a hindrance when the actual hindrance is their own P**nis.

Surpanakha’s lust for Rama

Thus, the one sin of lust committed by Surpanakha ended up with the mighty Ravana setting off on the path of sure destruction.

Last edited:
Does Agnihotra Homa offer protection from Corona Virus?

The researches that continue to happen have revealed that Agnihotra fire and smoke remove biological, chemical and physical pollutants in the air.

View attachment 9326
The researches that continue to happen have revealed that Agnihotra fire and smoke remove biological, chemical and physical pollutants in the air.

It is reasonable to conclude that regular performance of Agnihotra Homa at a gap of 12 hours (sunrise and sunset) every day ensures continuous fumigation of the air around thereby preventing the threat from harmful viruses such as Covid-19.

With the pandemic spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) across the globe, parallel researches are taking place to cure the infection and develop vaccines to prevent the infection[1]. A number of research findings are also pouring in from all sides to improve the immunity from the attack of this virus. But what goes missing is the realization that we indeed possess the most potent weapon against this virus in the form of the Vedic Homa called Agnihotra.

The name Agnihotra gained widespread attention soon after the Bhopal Gas Tragedy in 1984 when it was found that four or five families living near the Bhopal railway station remained unaffected by the poisonous gas that surrounds them. Seeing the inevitable staring at them the families decided to stay back and do Agnihotra Homa. And wonder of wonders they were the sole survivors in that part of the city affected by the leaking gas. This prompted researchers from Russia, Germany, and Poland to descend on the city to find out the causes for their survival. The scientists of the Indian Defence and Research Department also evinced interest in the research.

Read more at:
Hi,
Let me answer you generally.. There are proven studies that performing agnihotra will reduce the breeding of harmfull bacteria and virus if performed every 12 hours.. Here by sharing you links that will give you complete insight.

Vembu ji,
Yes,the topic was Hinduism but you started with Hand washing and other concepts such as Ayurveda etc in the first thread and that is why the thread took a different turn. Hinduism has taught us nany concepts but many are outdated and doesn't stand the test of science. Merely quoting Bhopal incident doesn't help, Even Chernobyl had many animals that survived. You should produce concrete case histories. Let us not overdo the "Hinduism is great theme" without evidence and be ridiculed. Elsewhere there was a thread about "Are Brahmins intelligent?" We should not prove otherwise. Please substantiate your arguments with clear proof and refereences. There are many medicos in this group and not sure how many couch for yr ideas.
It is too subtle and may miss its mark.
In Hindi there is a saying:

Yeh Lat ke devta hai, bat se nahin manate.
Crude translation would be these people only worship kick in the pants, and would not understand words.

Hi,
Let me answer you generally.. There are proven studies that performing agnihotra will reduce the breeding of harmfull bacteria and virus if performed every 12 hours.. Here by sharing you links that will give you complete insight.
You are surely right but make sure whatever form of prayer and worship we do should translate as helping us make the most conducive choices in life.
So one surely can do the agnihotra and at the same time wear his mask, sanitize and maintain social distancing.
Prayers/worship/ agnihotras are not meant to give us a false sense of immunity thinking we have a kavacam around us that would have an antiseptic effect.

The seers in Kumbha Mela this year too died from Covid.
No one is immune to this..so we have to play safe.

The purpose of any ritual is to clear our mind so we can see clearly when the blinding rain clouds of ignorance have gone and the sun of wisdom rises within us...it should be like the lyrics of this song by Jimmy Cliff

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day.

the mighty Ravana setting off on the path of sure destruction.
One of my favourite compositions (Kriti) of Thyagaraja Swami "sarasa sama dana bheda danda chatura" mentions (almost laments) this self destruction of Ravana. Though I do not know Telugu and have to depend on a translation, I can still experience the emotion expressed in the words "Parama Sambhava grEsa ruNDagucu balku rAvaNuDu teliyalEka pOtE" (copied from a site).

For Medicine - Siddha, Ayurveda,

For Education - Vedic maths
Mathematics has advanced far beyond 'Vedic Mathematics'. Certainly, by the 14th and 15th centuries Italy was the world leader in the subject and in the next few centuries France, England and Germany made enormous contribution and leapfrogged Italy. It is a sad fact that even today the mathematics as taught in India (even) at the Post Graduate level is not even to the level of 19th century European mathematics.

It is possible that many natural herbs (used in Siddha and Ayurveda) possess medicinal properties. The proper thing would be to put these traditional systems of medicine on a proper scientific footing (proper analysis and lab testing) instead of promoting it for the only reason of restoring pride in a glorious past.

These things (Vedic Maths, Ayurveda etc.) are being promoted in the name of strengthening the religion. It is important to recognise the fact that only Hindus will be interested in safeguarding their religion, temples and scriptures. Therefore, the right way to strengthen the Hindu religion is by empowering the Hindus and to do that you need to bring the education in the country on par with that in countries like Germany and USA - not take it back to the times of Brahmagupta and Aryabhata and Susruta and Charaka. We (Hindus of today) can feel proud of them but will they have any reason to feel proud of us - the way and extent to which we have slipped and fallen behind?

And I write this as one who is pro Right and anti Left and against minority appeasement policies.

Latest ads

Back