• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: Amit Shah

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has literally come from the Head of the ruling BJP, Amit Shah! There is no doubt, Hinduism with its wealth of scriptures, traditions and beliefs is able to give a solution to the myriad problems facing mankind

Truly appreciate this! It makes lot of sense!

[h=1]Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: Amit Shah[/h]June 29, 2015

Addressing audience at a book launch in Ahmedabad, Bharatiya Janata Party chief Amit Shah on Sunday said that "Hindu religion has solutions for all problems in the world".

"I am not saying this because I am born Hindu," Shah said while unveiling former president A P J Abdul Kalam's book Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji at the Gujarat University convention.

"When I faced difficulty for two years, I visited each and every religious centre in India. In that period, I sought blessings from all the jyotirlings and shaktipeeths of India, except Somnath temple (in Gujarat)," Shah said referring to the two years that he was barred from entering Gujarat due to legal proceedings in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.

Shah was acquitted in the Sohrabuddin encounter case in December last year by a Mumbai court.

"That was the time when I was not able to do my activities... Perhaps God made me seek his blessings in my youth," Shah added. He said that the religious leader of Swaminarayan sect, Pramukh Swami, has given a new lease of life to Hindu tradition with the powers of saints like Shankaracharya had done with the tradition of akhadas.

Also present at the event, Governor of Karnataka Vajubhai Vala said that religion was more important than the state. "'Dharma danda' is much more important than 'Raj danda' and it can make people happy," said Mr Vala.

Recounting an incident when he was the Mayor of Rajkot in 1980s, Vala said he chose to felicitate religious leader Pramukh Swami by going against the local administration.

"This is in my blood and this is in the 'sanskaras' of RSS that could lead me to even vacate the post of a Mayor," Vala added. On the book written by the former president, Vala said he feels that one saint is giving his opinions for the other saint.

Praising Kalam, Gujarat Governor O P Kohli said his personality is unique, as the scientist has saintly qualities.

Gujarat Ministers Saurabh Patel and Bhupendrasinh Chudasma and other senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders also attended the event.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/h...-problems-in-the-world-amit-shah/20150629.htm

This has literally come from the Head of the ruling BJP, Amit Shah! There is no doubt, Hinduism with its wealth of scriptures, traditions and beliefs is able to give a solution to the myriad problems facing mankind

Truly appreciate this! It makes lot of sense!

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: Amit Shah

June 29, 2015

Addressing audience at a book launch in Ahmedabad, Bharatiya Janata Party chief Amit Shah on Sunday said that "Hindu religion has solutions for all problems in the world".

"I am not saying this because I am born Hindu," Shah said while unveiling former president A P J Abdul Kalam's book Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji at the Gujarat University convention.

"When I faced difficulty for two years, I visited each and every religious centre in India. In that period, I sought blessings from all the jyotirlings and shaktipeeths of India, except Somnath temple (in Gujarat)," Shah said referring to the two years that he was barred from entering Gujarat due to legal proceedings in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.

Shah was acquitted in the Sohrabuddin encounter case in December last year by a Mumbai court.

"That was the time when I was not able to do my activities... Perhaps God made me seek his blessings in my youth," Shah added. He said that the religious leader of Swaminarayan sect, Pramukh Swami, has given a new lease of life to Hindu tradition with the powers of saints like Shankaracharya had done with the tradition of akhadas.

Also present at the event, Governor of Karnataka Vajubhai Vala said that religion was more important than the state. "'Dharma danda' is much more important than 'Raj danda' and it can make people happy," said Mr Vala.

Recounting an incident when he was the Mayor of Rajkot in 1980s, Vala said he chose to felicitate religious leader Pramukh Swami by going against the local administration.

"This is in my blood and this is in the 'sanskaras' of RSS that could lead me to even vacate the post of a Mayor," Vala added. On the book written by the former president, Vala said he feels that one saint is giving his opinions for the other saint.

Praising Kalam, Gujarat Governor O P Kohli said his personality is unique, as the scientist has saintly qualities.

Gujarat Ministers Saurabh Patel and Bhupendrasinh Chudasma and other senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders also attended the event.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/h...-problems-in-the-world-amit-shah/20150629.htm

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: Amit Shah,

but not to the problems facing India!
LOL!

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: Amit Shah,

but not to the problems facing India!
LOL!
There is no problem in India. Problem is only due to "sada log" and "English media". If we silence all opposition and keep propping up NDA government and their version of Truths. LOL

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world.

I don't think any religion has the solution to all the problems in the world..as long as the world and its religions exists..we are still in deep trouble!LOL

world without religions-

Would it be a better place for living more peacefully?

I dont think nature allows harmony to exists for extended periods..fights and differences are bound to happen with or without religion.

I feel religion gives humans some amount of "position' in this vast universe.

I dont think most humans want to believe that they are totally insignificant..belonging to a religion makes one feel 'important'.

I recently attended a function where many oldies were talking about 'inner transformation' as being the goal of religion.

Since all these oldies were related to me..I told them" Why be transformers?? Simply enjoy existence"

They started giving me confused looks!LOL

Last edited:
If senior citizen have not come to terms with life and cannot live peacefully and harmoniously, they nether can be transformed nor any religion can do anything for them.

It would be best if they accept themselves as they are and come to terms with this simple fact.

nothing prevents anyone from having from self worth and loving oneself.

They need to believe that they are significant and they matter .

Armed with this thinking ,they can face the world .

Leadership and power rests in those who believe they have these and exercise power.lol

I recently attended a function where many oldies were talking about 'inner transformation' as being the goal of religion.

Since all these oldies were related to me..I told them" Why be transformers?? Simply enjoy existence"

They started giving me confused looks!LOL

Renukaji,

I think they meant transformation of soul to be better human being and live in harmony....Ego, jealousy, anger are the causes of strife

Renukaji,

I think they meant transformation of soul to be better human being and live in harmony....Ego, jealousy, anger are the causes of strife

Dear Vgane ji,

I know they meant becoming a better human being sans Kama,Kroda,Lobha,Mada,Moha and Matsarya..but in reality I feel its next to impossible...I could have just stirred them up and they would have started arguing!LOL

I feel we should just accept ourselves and simply exists and learn to fake being nice when the situation warrants.

My mum recently told me that her friend has started doing Yoga and feels more calm and relaxed.

My mother then asked me"since you do Yoga daily do you feel more calm?"

I said "nope..I don't..I am the same as I am..I can shift from being calm one moment and being anxious the next..so no change for me".

Then my mum said "then what is the use of you doing Yoga?"

I told her "It gives you a toned body and good abds"

Then she felt that without transformation at a mental level its no use doing Yoga.

I then told her "why does everyone want to change mentally?"

So now this is my motto in life..be perfectly imperfect and simply exists!

So now this is my motto in life..be perfectly imperfect and simply exists!

Reconciling the differences and imperfections is perfectly alright...Some people really stretch themselves to do the impossible and this causes suffering not only to them but also to their near and dear ones...Let us be contented in what we are doing and what we are...As you are happy in what you are doing please keep doing more of it!

.As you are happy in what you are doing please keep doing more of it!

If we consciously keep doing something over and over again..its becomes stressful.

Existence should be like our breath and heart beat...it goes about in the background without us even realizing it.

He should try convincing ISIS!LOL

For any negotiation to happen both the sides should be ready for a dialogue....In this case ISIS who are known for their ruthless methods would butcher the negotiator...But fact of matter is Sri Sri Art of Living has branches in Muslim countries also

world without religions-

Would it be a better place for living more peacefully?

I think so; but "irreligion" or "anti-religion" should not become the new religion. If the people of a country keep aside religion and work sincerely and honestly (without corruption or favouritism) for earning their livelihood, that country will prosper; and this is what helped the Developed Countries to become what they are.

I think so; but "irreligion" or "anti-religion" should not become the new religion. If the people of a country keep aside religion and work sincerely and honestly (without corruption or favouritism) for earning their livelihood, that country will prosper; and this is what helped the Developed Countries to become what they are.

Is Religion not practised in developed countries, Sir?

The Republican Party in the US has wide support from Christians.

Most of the Western Countries mention 'Christianity' as Official Religion.

The method of following may be different from country to country and from religion to religion.

In many countries state and religion are separated .

For country to prosper, it might be sensible to keep aside religion for some decades- I subscribe to the thought of sangomji.

For any negotiation to happen both the sides should be ready for a dialogue....In this case ISIS who are known for their ruthless methods would butcher the negotiator...But fact of matter is Sri Sri Art of Living has branches in Muslim countries also

In other words...its not possible.

So that shows Ahimsa does not really work 24/7.

In other words...its not possible.

So that shows Ahimsa does not really work 24/7.

Ahimsa will definitely work...A Mahatma is required in Syria to pull the people out of the rut they are in....A Mahatma who would mobile the people and ready for sacrifices! The ISIS has become a war between 2 groups of Sunnis & Shias.....

Is Religion not practised in developed countries, Sir?

The Republican Party in the US has wide support from Christians.

Most of the Western Countries mention 'Christianity' as Official Religion.

The method of following may be different from country to country and from religion to religion.

I feel "religion" is not practised by majority of the ordinary citizens in developing countries; surveys reveal that belief in god is coming down steadily among those populations. It would seem that they put more trust in humans and their own ability to tide over life's difficulties rather than put the trust in some idol in a place of worship, etc.

'Official Religion' is more a status symbol; it is just like official flower or other things like that. Possibly, any open attack on the official religion will not be allowed but that is that. Whereas in India and many of the African countries which are all underdeveloped and with no sign of improving their condition in the near future, religion and/or tribal beliefs rule supreme and most people are preoccupied with such things only.

In India we find a great preoccupation with religion, bhakti, etc., but at the same time people are corrupt whether they are poor or rich bureaucrats/ministers/crorepatis.

I feel "religion" is not practised by majority of the ordinary citizens in developing countries; surveys reveal that belief in god is coming down steadily among those populations. It would seem that they put more trust in humans and their own ability to tide over life's difficulties rather than put the trust in some idol in a place of worship, etc.

'Official Religion' is more a status symbol; it is just like official flower or other things like that. Possibly, any open attack on the official religion will not be allowed but that is that. Whereas in India and many of the African countries which are all underdeveloped and with no sign of improving their condition in the near future, religion and/or tribal beliefs rule supreme and most people are preoccupied with such things only.

In India we find a great preoccupation with religion, bhakti, etc., but at the same time people are corrupt whether they are poor or rich bureaucrats/ministers/crorepatis.

With my experience, your statement is spot on Sangomji.
We waste lot of time and energy on wild goose chase.

Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world: AMIT

[h=2]Hindu religion has solutions to all problems in the world. Especially to the problem of rooting out congress. lol[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back